The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Himber Ring handling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
false_shuffle
View Profile
Regular user
Omaha, NE
195 Posts

Profile of false_shuffle
Hey guys, I'd like to know what you feel is the best published Himber Ring routine with 3 rings. (With or without a stooge). I have Roger Klaus's on one of his DVD's. I also have Richard Osterlinds on his "Challenge Magic" DVD. Which do you feel is the cleanest one and why? (don't forget the WHY). I've also seen Steve Wyrick do his version on stage in vegas, but he uses a stooge. I'm specifically looking for stage/platform versions. I hope that makes sense. Thanks!
Daniel Rasmussen
Omaha, NE
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The best version is the original Koran Version, all the others are not as clean in the handling, except maybe the Proper model currently just produced. His new ring is the true answer to make the Koran Linking Finger Ring a real miracle.

Why, because in all the verions I have seen the person at one point holds all the rings in his hands and fiddles with them. That is the point were it kills the effect for me.

With the new AmaZeRing all that fumbling is gone, and it is now possible to very open and fair with the nandling.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Wm... you spelled "Porper" wrong. The best version, if you go to my old web site, http://www.petebiro.com you can see Lu Chen do my Ghostly Linking Finger ring. The AmaZeRING is different, but yes, it is the simplest, easiest way. Note: Joe Porper's web site is http://www.porperoriginals.com
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Not sure what version this is but I like it. http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicConcept......n32kVuuc
false_shuffle
View Profile
Regular user
Omaha, NE
195 Posts

Profile of false_shuffle
Thanks for the help guys...markmiller, it appears that version must use a stooge...am I correct guys?
Daniel Rasmussen
Omaha, NE
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I saw the Porper version performed recently and it was amazing. I had a pretty good idea of the working of the effect, and it still floored me.

Jim
steve spill
View Profile
V.I.P.
200 Posts

Profile of steve spill
False/et al that's an old clip of me that Mark Miller posted. No stooge, I'm still doing - although much improved - a version of that handling today in my show at Magicopolis. http://www.magicopolis.com
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5262 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 11:58, markmiller wrote:
Not sure what version this is but I like it. http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicConcept......n32kVuuc

It's Steve's own routine, and like everything else he does, it's brilliant.

In the 80's, I worked with Steve at the Brook Farm Inn of Magic, and he fooled me with the routine even after I had watched him perform it a couple dozen times! I had already been performing for 20 years at that time, and Steve's routine made me feel like a kid again.

When Steve finally shared his work with me, I could only marvel at his brilliant solution, and by the way, his ending isn't shown in the YouTube clip -- it would fry you if you saw it!
false_shuffle
View Profile
Regular user
Omaha, NE
195 Posts

Profile of false_shuffle
After doing some google research I've heard great things about Bruce Cervons routine and Nick Lewin's. Apparently Nick Lewin's uses 5 rings. David Regal said some amazing things about Cervon's routine.

Does anyone know where I can see either of these performed? Is the Cervon routine published?
Daniel Rasmussen
Omaha, NE
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
I think the highlight of Cervon's routine was the Koran pencil ending, and if I'm not mistaken Lewin recently marketed his routine.
false_shuffle
View Profile
Regular user
Omaha, NE
195 Posts

Profile of false_shuffle
Does anyone know if Lewin's routine is marketed, for sure? I've heard both ways on this.
Daniel Rasmussen
Omaha, NE
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
false_shuffle
View Profile
Regular user
Omaha, NE
195 Posts

Profile of false_shuffle
Lol, that doesn't answer my question...but I emailed him. Thanks!
Daniel Rasmussen
Omaha, NE
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I described and gave the finish to Cervon. His "handling" was excellent in audience management. Lu Chen does my version and kills with it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Michael Mosher’s Wack-O Innovative Magic, will be publishing my presentation “Bands of Trust” for the Linking Finger Rings, very soon. My goal was for your audiences to leave with warm memories of you and your show.

I wanted to perform a version that was simple, direct, and elegant. No lame old jokes, no wisecracks that make your audience dislike you for making fun of their grandmother's ring! It's a thoughtful theatrical-presentation that makes your audience feel welcomed and a part of the magic.

Handling is super-duper simple and clean. It doesn't come with a ring... you can use any ring, but I HIGHLY recommend Joe Porper's AmaZeRING for my version.

http://www.wack-o-magic.com/wackomagic/Bands_of_Trust.html

Magically, Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Nick Lewin sells his personally and there is an application process ... contact him direct for details.
Tilman
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Tilman
I like and use Tom Stone's approach to the Linking Finger Rings (it is on his DVD 'Tom Stone Caught On Tape', under the title 'Gold Wielder').

Geoffrey Durham's 'Professional Secrets' contains another fumble-free approach.

Another tip: Nicholas Einhorn also has two creative approaches to the Linking Finger Rings in print in his Lecture Notes. World Tour, set 3.

Discussing why these approaches stand out is a bit problematic in an open forum.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1311 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Are any of these version suitable for close-up and strolling situations?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-03-09 22:25, Magic-Daniel wrote:
Are any of these version suitable for close-up and strolling situations?

Sorry to say this is not really a close-up presentation, do to the arrangement. Although, if you were strolling and hand a large crowd of say 30 or more people, where you can move to different parts of the crowd, to borrow the rings and have them verify, then it would be fine.

Of couse there are other tricks that can be performed with the Himber Ring. There are books on the subject.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I agree with Wmhegbli statement--

On most large magic sites "review this trick" many magicians (mostly new to magic) complain that this is a horrid trick with un unexaminable, obvious props. That's because they are close up performers and don't realize this is a parlor/stage piece.

Of course Jonathan Pendagon does a credible close-up routine, that is the exception maybe, but I think even that has holes.

It was never intended for under-your-nose performances, that's like using a screwdriver to get a nail into the wall. For a group of people however, it is a versatile, interesting, and very magical piece, that gets most of the audience involved.

Magically, Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Himber Ring handling (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL