The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sure Shot by Scott Alexander (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I see Scott has a new liquid/glass production out. Scott does come up with some interesting stuff and it will be good to see if this is a worker.

The write up is as follows;

Ever wanted to produce a real old school shot glass full of liquid, under impossible conditions? Scott Alexander has the answer to this problem. Sure Shot provides a safe and secure seal on a standard shot glass (included) that releases instantly and reliably. This is the perfect shot glass and rubber cover combination. Unlike other covers that can easily dislodge, this one holds from within, and really grabs and seals the liquid inside. Plus, it is a real world shot glass that doesn't look like a gimmicked or fancy glass. It's a real man's whiskey glass.

The cover is made from hearty black, industrial flex rubber. Once the cover is in place, you can manipulate it in an egg bag, carry it in your pocket indefinitely, even spin the glass up in the air and catch it. It really holds its seal until you pull the release. Then, it comes off effortlessly.

If you are looking for a killer surprise ending for your egg bag, or already do a shot glass production from your pocket or paper bag but are looking for a better method, kick back a Sure Shot!

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Sure-S......er-.html
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
I would be interested to know how this differs from the shot and stabbed glass you can get from Bill Abbott which seems to do the same job but is much cheaper unless I am missing something?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No video, it can't be any good, if it is not worth making a demo. The discription just sounds like the reverse of Austrailian model. I already thought of that and so did Bev Bergeron.

I am waiting for a glass production that does not allow your bag or pocket to get wet and stained with red food coloring.
INMOTION
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
167 Posts

Profile of INMOTION
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 14:00, wmhegbli wrote:
No video, it can't be any good, if it is not worth making a demo. The discription just sounds like the reverse of Austrailian model. I already thought of that and so did Bev Bergeron.

I am waiting for a glass production that does not allow your bag or pocket to get wet and stained with red food coloring.

There is a Video Demo of Scott performing this @ the Hocus Pocus website. This looks very good.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Thank you... it actually IS very good. The idea came from the old Sam Berland gimmick, which was improved upon by Denny Haney and then I added my touches ...Sure Shot is the result. It's simple and easy, and no...it does not cause you to wet your pants Smile

(BTW Bill Abbott is a stand up guy. He saw that I had Sure Shot out, and called me to ask if I would mind about him putting out his Stabbed & Shot. I haven't held his glass in my hands but Im sure its great, as is all his stuff)
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Scott, I have this on order and I cant wait to get my hands on it. It looks great. Love your work.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That is exactly what I thought, it is the old Sam Berland gimmick, no other would let you handle it in that way. Looking forward to seeing your imporvements on the gimmick, as last I checked the tire patches are no longer available at Sears.
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 14:00, wmhegbli wrote:

Bill Abbott's does this. It's water tight and will not slip off, however it's very easy to remove only when you're ready.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Tire patch was not the only method that old Sam Berland used. One method used an item found at every five and dime back when Sam was selling it. It was a clever use of a common item. Sam was a creative genius! If this is a take and update on Sam's idea then it will be killer. Honestly, I am still using the props I got from Sam in 1962. It came with the proper gimmicks and two glasses of the proper size for the gimmicks (not vise-versa) and several illustrated pages of instruction. Frankly I am glad that someone (Scott and Denny) are not letting this great idea vanish into obscurity.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I have been useing Sure Shot now and it is a great why to perduce a shot glass.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Thanks !!! Just sent another big shipment out...can't keep these things in stock. They're selling like hotcakes...little whisky filled hotcakes:)
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 10:14, Scott Alexander wrote:
Thanks !!! Just sent another big shipment out...can't keep these things in stock. They're selling like hotcakes...little whisky filled hotcakes:)

LOL! Scott, you must have a bit of Irish blood mixed in with the Polish!

Clarke
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
I like and have a lot of Scotts stuff, but I think this one is a bit over priced for what you get. Its not a new idea and you get a page print out of intructions with some photos and a shot glass. The gimick looks like its hand made and maybe part of it will last for a long time, I don't know. I don't think its something that will replace a shot glass production that your using now, but if you need a new one, this will do the trick.

I have seen the Bill Abbott gimmick and its nice but no need to change since I have the Scott one.

They all do the same, Produce a small shot glass of liquid.

Now Alfonso has a great product out called Sure Shot and its a real fooler.
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

I hand make and test every one personally.
Going on 6 years with the one I made for myself.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Yes very well made.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Scotts's material always rocks, because he's well versed in the classics of magic.

Here he combines his Sure Short with another classic.

The Master at work, close-up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZrFXR0Obu0&feature=plcp
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Very nice!!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ive wanted this for a while, but havent developed a use for it.... Maybe later, but I agree that scotts material is always good.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
That just rocked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sure Shot by Scott Alexander (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL