The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Compressed Deck by Luke Dancy (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Just thought I’d share this with the Café, it was a post on our blog but I thought it would be of interest to folks here...

If you’re a magician, then there’s a good chance you already know the name Luke Dancy. Luke is one clever dude and has created a boatload of ingenious magic that has received rave reviews from magician’s world wide. He’s currently a creator and consultant for Criss Angel on the hit television series “Mindfreak”. He’s also one of the founders of The Magic Session.

I’m proud to be among the first producers to release Luke’s magic to the mainstream and his items have always been very popular. His effects DiVision and Misprint have been long time best sellers for us. Both of these items are visual, offbeat, and strong...the typical traits of any Dancy creation. Recently we introduced a great new item from Luke called Compressed Deck and it is without a doubt another hit! The first folks to see it in all its glory were at the recent Magic Live convention and it had many attendees coming back to see it again and again! It was a complete sell-out by the end of the convention and some folks were buying two just because they liked the custom holder it comes with! When we returned home and made it live on the site - we sold out on every unit in less than 24 hours! I assure you it has been some time since any item caused that kind of wildfire sell out. Luckily, we’re fully stocked again and we’re doing our best to keep the inventory levels up high.

If you haven’t picked up Compressed Deck yet, it is definitely worth checking out. I’ve had a great time performing it and the effect you see in the demo video is just one possible approach. The DVD also features additional ideas and Luke’s fantastic Full Deck routine which uses Compressed Deck as a lead to a Dr Daley’s Last Trick and finishes with the production of a FULL DECK of cards! Every detail of this routine is covered on the disk and I think it’s definitely going to find its way into the act of many working professionals.

You can check out the full details and see the complete video demo on our site.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Wow, now THAT is a commercial effect. I just purchased two.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yeah, this is great. Very commercial effect. Luke puts out some really great stuff.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Thanks for the kind words guys. It's a strong item and I've been very pleased with the response from both magicians and lay people.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Shame this is only available in the US.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1164 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Glad to hear people are 'digging' on the whole Compressed Deck concept. This is an effect I'm super proud of and the final result is a thing of beauty thanks to Paul and Elmwood Magic.

If there are any questions about the Compressed Deck feel free to ask them here and I'll do my best to lend a hand.

luke
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I wonder if there is a good out explained if the spectator says Jacks Or Kings or a women always says queen & they will not always will you hear Ace depends on the person you are doing the trick for. The most powerful card all lay people who play cards should say Ace of Spades . Anyway this is a mind blower !
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Ah man, only just seen this, great trick! Luke's got some killer stuff, I only just recently saw Misprint as well, what a great idea!
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Pegasus: We ship worldwide.

Tophatter: The spectator's answers do not matter. It does not need to be the Ace of Spades - or even the aces for that matter. That's all covered on the DVD.

Luke: You've got a package coming your way!

I should also mention that we're having a bit of fun on Twitter today and giving away 3 copies of Compressed Deck! The offer ENDS at 6PM ET tonight! You can get the details here:

http://twitter.com/elmwoodmagic
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thanks for your reply Paul I will be picking this up soon from you .
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1164 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I just received my shipment of finished product and wow did this come out great. Special thanks to Paul and Elmwood Magic for doing such a wonderful job on Compressed Deck!
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
So Paul, the selections do NOT have to be the aces?

Also, how clean are you at the end?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
You are not clean but there are loads of ways to clean up.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
Corbett:

It comes set for the aces, but this can easily be set with any four cards you choose.

You are dirty. However the DVD shows Luke's full routine, which I personally believe convinces the audience they handle all four cards.
hboy
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of hboy
It looks great. I should buy one.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1164 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Just saw a few reviews for Compressed Deck and thought you guys might like to see...

Frank Heller, Oak Ridge NJ

Not Just Another Packet Trick!
"Another great effect from Elmwood Magic. Paul is an excellent teacher. He made learning this effect a breeze. It's not just another packet trick. It's cleverly designed, entertaining story line and the ending will catch your audience off guard. Highly recommended!"

Mike M, Port Jefferson NY

Easy and Direct
"This is a great trick great for table hopping. Easy to do and the dvd is great. Paul explains everything clearly. It's a great buy, you wont be dissapointed."
Navy
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Navy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNbMtooCZG8

looks great and I just ordered it...
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1164 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Awesome to hear Navy! I hope you enjoy it, I have to admit the bonus routine with the deck appearing at the end is a personal favorite and I use the heck out of it. If you have any questions or have any feedback we'd love to see it here.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-09-20 19:03, tophatter wrote:
I wonder if there is a good out explained if the spectator says Jacks Or Kings or a women always says queen & they will not always will you hear Ace depends on the person you are doing the trick for. The most powerful card all lay people who play cards should say Ace of Spades . Anyway this is a mind blower !

Punch em out and show the ace of spades.

PS: just got me one
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1164 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Haha, I like the way you think John! I hope you enjoy the routine, it's treated me well for a long time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Compressed Deck by Luke Dancy (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL