The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Curry Turnover Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
The routine that motivated me to learn this change was Jennings' "Syncronicity" from Classic Magic of LJ. I used to use Jennings' version of the change, which is easier than Curry's original, but suffered from angle problems. Then I learned Marlo's Breakless version.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
Is Marlo's in his collection [Revolutionalry Card Magic?]
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2959 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
The Breakless Curry Change is in Hierophant 7. It's not in the RCT book. Also, check some of the newer Allan Ackerman tapes for his work on this fine move.

Mike
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1634 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Quote:
On 2003-09-03 08:02, joseph wrote:
Larry Jennings performs the change in a lady's hand on his Paris tapes, but the hand does look awkward, and he performs the change with the hand holding the deck, while the other hand is empty and idle, which is illogical, but he got a strong reaction anyway. Smile

Hi Joseph,

If you actually take a close look at the tape, you will notice that Larry's hand was not empty and idle. It had a single card in it so that the card in one hand ended up being the mate of the card that he turned over.

Take care,

Dorian Rhodell
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
I just read the Jennings version in the classic magic and not the one in the cardwright. As I've been playing around with the move, either I must be doing something wrong or it seems much more awkward than the normal curry turnover.

btw the version I'm trying is the one using the index finger. It seems to me that my hand has to keep the deck with it's back perpendicular to the table rather than parallel in the original curry version.

Am I doing something wrong here?
MarkusT
View Profile
New user
Germany
54 Posts

Profile of MarkusT
Where can I find a good description for getting into position (one finger under the bottom card) for the CTC?

Thank you
Markus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Curry Turnover Change (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL