We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Alain Nu - "Psycho-chronetic" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DMac4
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of DMac4
Wow, just recieved this new offering from Alain and it's awesome! Alain's thinking on the time travel principle using a borrowed watch is very inspiring. It not only teaches an amazing effect but also inspires many new uses of a tried and true principle. Also included in this booklet are great offerings from Bob Cassidy, Patrick Redford and Mark Elsdon. Highly recommended!!
manofcards
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of manofcards
A Review of Alain Nu's Psycho-Chronetic

Before I begin my review, I would like to say that all of the material in this book is from working professionals. That means the routines have been performed and are not pipe dreams.

At the start of the book, Alain mentions that in order to perform his routine you need to be able to perform Banachek's PK Time. Luckily, if you don't have the book (which you should) he includes the manuscript! So, you get two books for the price of one!

Alain's routine Psycho-Cronetic is a well thought out piece of mentalism. He provides all of the details and holds nothing back. He even provides his own patter, which includes an interesting and novel way to get and hold an audience's attention. I'm sure that at the end of his performance, people really do believe that he turned back time.

What I particularly like about the routine is that it's not limited to a stage performance. It can be performed in a walk-around environment and is easily reset. I personally will perform it this way first, and then will try it on stage.

Alain's bonus chapters include routines from Bob Cassidy, Mark Elsdon, Patrick Redford, and Neal Scryer. If I had to choose one of these routines to review, it would have to be Neal Scryer and Alain's Stone Soup. Unlike Psycho-Chronetic, which is meant to be a short routine lasting from 4 to 6 minutes, Stone Soup can be used to beef up your show. Also, the routine doesn't revolve around time travel, but three people's memories and a time associated with their memories. It includes audience involvement, suspense, and does not use the PK Time move.

I highly recommend this book whether you are looking for a time travel routine or a well thought out routine based on watches and time. In fact, if you are looking for neither of these, it's still a good book to pick up to see how different performers create their own time themed routines.

William
ThoughtThief
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of ThoughtThief
In this age of underdeveloped, single idea, big bucks ebooks rushed to market by seemingly every new mentalism hobbyist with a brain fart, it is a delight to be treated to a fully fleshed out, professional routine by a professional mentalist. I speak of Alain Nu’s release of Psycho-Chronetic – an honest to god, print-on-paper booklet of some 40 pages, with glossy covers. I pre-ordered it at the special price as soon as the announcement went out, but full price is still a pittance for one of the strongest effects, if not the strongest effect, in the repertoire of a working pro, complete with scripting, photographs, staging and blocking, and all the nuances that make the thing “tick” (if you’ll pardon expression). Alain says in the book that he has been working on Psycho-Chronetic since 2006. It shows. This is a professional routine, developed over countless performances for audiences both intimate and large, and honed to a luster.

Psycho-Chronetic can be presented either as a demonstration of the performer’s ability to control time on the watches of volunteers and the audience at large, or the ability to effect the very passage of time itself – specifically, by moving time backwards a certain number of minutes decided by a volunteer, as evidenced by the timepieces of the volunteer and everyone in the audience (even their cell phone clocks!) being the selected number of minutes earlier than they should be. Only moments before, the present time was verified by the volunteer and (for stage performances) a committee via synchronized watches. Moments later, following a guided visualization and energy ritual involving the entire audience, not only have the volunteer and committee gone back in time some “x” number of minutes chosen by the volunteer, but so have the audience.

This is freaky, powerful stuff – PK Time on steroids. Although other mentalists have explored the theme of time travel (and are credited in the book), none in my view have developed it as thoroughly, entertainingly, and convincingly as Alain. He teaches you exactly what to say and do, and when to say and do it, to wring the most awesomeness from this showpiece. The convincers he deploys throughout the routine are, well, convincing. A smile will cross your face several times while reading this exercise in deception. I do think that this routine (and it is a routine, not just an idea, trick, or barebones effect) will come to be considered a classic of mentalism.

If all that were not enough, Psycho-Chronetic contains a bonus chapter of some really terrific time-themed contributions from the likes of Bob Cassidy, Neal Scryer, Patrick Redford, and Mark Elsdon, as well as an Introduction and eye-witness account of Alain’s performance of Psycho-Chronetic at the Washington Fringe Festival by “Mr. Binary,” the brilliant Leo Boudreau.

Now I must use what I’ve learned from Psycho-Chronetic to travel back in time and convince Alain not to release this.

Highly recommended.
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
In case you are in or near Las Vegas on Tuesday Oct 4th, (or could be) please DO consider...

Alain Nu's PSYCHO-CHRONETIC Workshop:

EFFECT: While in her own hands an audience member's watch goes back in time the number of minutes she freely chooses. When the audience checks their own watches and cellphones they find they have all travelled the same amount back in time as well!

Now imagine this demonstration performed anywhere, at any time, with as few as two people and as much as a room of hundreds! Imagine this effect being done nearly impromptu, and requiring no stooges, electronics, magnets, or hard-to-find supplies. Would that be worth putting in your repertoire?

NOW you can be taught an effect that will have more impact on your audiences than perhaps anything you’ve learned in a long time! PSYCHO-CHRONETIC is more than just a mentalism demonstration. It’s a TIME-TRAVEL DEMONSTRATION that will give your audiences a truly spooky feeling of temporal displacement!

This is your chance to not only receive one of only 500 LIMITED EDITION copies of PSYCHO-CHRONETIC, Alain’s newest special release, but also learn from Alain the exact handling and see it performed live by Alain himself. Plan to also learn some other KILLER effects during this lecture too. Alain’s insights offer a most unusual yet practical perspective!

Alain is NOT on a lecture tour. This is a RARE opportunity in LAS VEGAS ONLY on Tuesday, October 4th that you don't want to miss! Alain is sorry to say that he does NOT have plans to come back to Las Vegas any time soon after. This will have to be the date that you get to see him do this in Las Vegas.

Alain Nu’s PSYCHO-CHRONETIC Workshop will highlight his reputation-making effect, PSYCHO-CHRONETIC, but the remainder of the evening will allow you to ask direct questions and get straight answers about Alain’s career as a full-time mentalist, and will also give you a real sneak-peak into Alain’s mind regarding some incredible diabolical new ideas on the horizon as well as learn some of his most currently used methods that HAVE NEVER BEEN PUBLISHED! He will also be ready to teach you anything from his books Any Card…, Astrologic, Serial Thrillers , Word Work I, Word Work II, and Nu Wave Reloaded. Through these writings, a powerful arsenal will be revealed-- everything from clever to even impromptu Book & Magazine Tests, his famous ACAAN (any card at any number) techniques, his revolutionary Zodiac divination principles, to his beautiful and simple subtleties re: Equivoque.

Reviews of PSYCHO-CHRONETIC can be viewed on the Magic Café at: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=110&1

Manuscripts and products online can be viewed at http://www.ShopOfSecrets.com.

DATE: Tuesday October 4th, 2011
TIME: 7:30pm to 10pm
COST: $100 - BUT each participant also receives a FREE copy Alain’s newest Limited Edition Release, Psycho-Chronetic OR (if they already bought Psycho-Chronetic) their choice of ANY of Alain's manuscripts. This is an excellent deal for the knowledge and experience you will be getting for participating! If you already own a copy of Psycho-chronetic, come with it and pay only $40!
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
DMac4, Manofcards, ThoughtThief:

THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting such nice reviews! I am thrilled to see that you have enjoyed reading through it and look forward to hearing back from you as you get a chance to actually try it out for yourselves!

Once you learn how to "rock it" you will be utterly amazed at how much it actually surpasses even your own original expectation of it.

!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I've read and tried out this excellent routine by Alain and am very impressed. This is the type of mentalism I like - well thought out, well routined and obviously fine-tuned in performances for the paying public. That is something that seems to be getting rare these days, where all too many armchair performers get a brainstorm on Monday morning, show it to a friend in the afternoon and sell it as a five page eBook on Tuesday.

This, on the other hand, is what published mentalism should be - professional, time-tested (pun intended) material and I give it my highest recommendation.

Thank you Alain for releasing this to the fraternity.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
Thank you, Bob, for such a great review!

BTW, Manofcards, I noticed you mentioned how you enjoyed the LAST effect in the Bonus chapter. That was my collaboration with Neal Scryer. Have you gotten a chance to try it yet? I'd be interested in hearing more from those who got a chance to read that effect as well! I think it's a real worker!

Alain
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1390 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
If you're on the fence about this, you shouldn't be. For one, it has Alain's name on it and, as you no doubt are aware, he is a worker. Secondly, it's simply brilliant. This has been carefully thought through and structured, but not at the expense of simplicity. The methods are not convoluted, nor the effect confusing. This is a clear, direct effect that's practical and workable. If you're looking for something in the miracle class, get this while it lasts.
It's all in the reflexes.
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
Hello!

Illucifer: THANK YOU for posting your thoughts regarding PSYCHO-CHRONETIC!

Anyone else who has received P-C (and read / enjoyed it): PLEASE DO post a review of my book here!!!

HELP ME get rid of ALL 500 numbered copies so we can bury this project quickly-- writing a few nice words about P-C here (or in Pennies...) will keep this thread alive until all 500 copies runs dry.

RE: DELAYED ORDERS: If you placed an order last week, (starting Sept 20) please know that it has either gone out YESTERDAY (Sept 28th) or WILL GO OUT SOON. I have been away on vacation and doing shows, have already began celebrating an almost entire month of family birthdays within Libra. Having been gone with my family for a week now will mean a little adjustment period, as all our loose-ends are tied, so if you placed an online order last week, it was mailed yesterday, but if you mailed me a check, your order will be processed this week and sent next week.

Best,

Alain

TO BUY P-C, just go to: http://www.ShopOfSecrets.com
Suffolk
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Suffolk
Has anyone performed this to a paying audience yet?
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Yes I did!
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
Fyi:

P-C does take practice. Don't give up on it.

Remember, the strongest thing about this routine is not the routine. It's about the story that you leave your audience with afterwards. So long as the routine is performed clearly, the reputation that you will get from having done it will surpass you! Like with a famous guy I performed this for recently, even though his reaction was a little *composed* after seeing me do it, the next time he sees a magician, or talks to someone about time-travel, he will be forced to remember what I did, and possibly recount the story. IF he recounts the story ONLY ONCE, it WILL end up becoming one of his favorite stories to recount, because of how cool it makes him look. "I saw this guy once move the hands of my watch backwards to my chosen number of minutes, but when we all looked at our watches afterwards, it turned out that he had shifted the hands of ALL our watches!" If he tells that story only once, I will be forever etched in his memory as the crux of a great story that he tells his friends of having met me.

just a thought to inspire your continued efforts!

PEACE,

Alain
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Alain,

I perform a lot for high school students, 300-500 students in an auditorium. How feasible is it to use this effect with a group that large (assuming many of the kids will have cell phones and watches?) Thanks...

Cris
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
Cris: Yes, easily. The reason for this is that the audience is led to believe that they are about to experience "an energetic affect" on the SPECTATOR's watch, and no one else's. Everything is kept pretty ambiguous right up until the spectator names the number and the "energetic process" has been completed. But by that point, any talk of time travel, or even the time as was perceived can be mentioned without producing any desire for the audience to verify until they are asked to.

Hope this helps,

Alain
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
BTW, I was just asked to by Steve Brooks to be a Magic Café Guest of Honor for sometime this month, and I accepted!

More on this soon!

Alain
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
This week ONLY, Oct 25 through 31: I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has about this manuscript, any of my past work, performing tips, philosophy etc, in the guest of honor thread here: Happy October!!! Just go to:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......m=302&28

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Alain
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
BTW, for those of you who have already purchased P-C, FYI, I have been continuing to KILL with this effect throughout my holiday event appearances and some serious improvements (albeit simple tweaks) have been made (even since the first Advancements PDF I sent out to everyone). If you have purchased P-C from me already, message me with your interest to learn the updates along with the e-mail you used to make your purchase (or any other proof of purchase), and I will send them to you! Happy New Year!
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
880 Posts

Profile of nique
Hi Alain,

I've not received my copy yet and I can't get you on your email.

I apologize for my impatience; I placed my order on the 19th of December 2011.

~ Nique
"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
880 Posts

Profile of nique
Just to clear things up, Alain has gotten in touch with me and the manuscript is on the way.
"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Alain Nu - "Psycho-chronetic" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL