The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Jeff Jones Backdrop Travel Bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
OK I LOVE my Jeff Jones Backdrop however I have not had the best of luck with the travel bag. So at Jeff's suggestion I went to a golf supply store to look for a case and ended up buying a soft sided golf bag. Initially I went looking for a hard case but this soft sided one seemed to do the trick. I cut a length of wood exactly the length of the bag and put it into the bottom of the bag to keep it from slouching when I pull it by the handle (the fact that it has wheels is very nice also) due to the fact that the bag it longer than it needs to be.

BTW I cannot say enough great things about my backdrop and the fact that I had to invest another $60 into a new bag would not deter me from recommending it to others as overall I think it is the best one on the market and at a very reasonable price I might add.

Click here to view attached image.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
That's a clever idea, using a golf bag. Thanks for sharing.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
So funny I thought of doing the same thing with an old golf travel bag. It's really too bad he didn't add a few inches of material to the original carry bag so the zippers wouldn't blow out.
under6
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of under6
Interesting, thanks!
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I too love my Jeff Jones backdrops. It is unfortunate that the bag wasn't made a little bigger and with a better zipper. That is one thing that Creative Magic always did very well and it helped enhance the portability of their products.
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
I found an "old school" golf clubs case made out of very durable plastic. Works great, and I use the Jeff Jones bags for Bigger Wands now. I'll let you in on a secret. I noticed that while Jeff uses the carry bag to carry his backdrop, he keeps the tripod in a separate bag within the other bag. That would prevent the tripod from damaging the bag. That's "inner secret" stuff right there!
JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
Same problem here, but I love the backdrop. thanks for the tip
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Jeff Jones Backdrop Travel Bag (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL