The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Taking notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Hi.

I want to begin taking notes about random ideas, concering presentation, routining etc.
You guys that are taking notes, what are you using for the purpose - electronic notepad, phone, pen and paper or something else?

Ps. Mods, feel free to move this to the right topic

Thanks
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
I would use a recorder of some sort.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
When you absolutely, positively, genuinely, MUST write down those flashes of inspiration… well, I have learned to not leave home without these all-weather beauties!

Check out the Field Book Pouch as well:

http://www.riteintherain.com/
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
I think a might like the good old, pen and paper the best.

Would anyone recommend any paperback notebook in generel?
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Rhodia brand paper and notebooks are very good. I use them all the time for various things. That brand can usually be found in office supply stores and in stores like Paradise Pen, if you live near one. If not, you can visit http://www.paradisepen.com and find it under the Stationery section.

For my magic idea journal I use a leather-cased, handbound journal with handmade cotton rag paper, and I make them myself. It fits me because of my writing style, plus they look great on the shelf in my magic room, and they just have that old-world look and feel that I like.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
In addition to the water-proof "rite in the rain" brand, the notebook of legend is "Moleskine."

Note the well-structured variations: writing, drawing, organizing, painting, recording and travelling.

I favour the Moleskine grid notebooks.

http://www.moleskine.com
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
jvickers
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of jvickers
I used to use pen and paper religiously. Now I'm a born-again phone fanatic. Evernote is a lifesaver. Don't forget to back everything up Smile
Kingman
View Profile
Loyal user
Willow Spring NC
294 Posts

Profile of Kingman
I second the moleskine. They usually have a pocket or two in the back as well as an elastic so small papers and business cards can be held safely. I like the ones that have lined pages on one side and graph on the other. I like the ability to have controlled sketches as well notes. They have some that fit perfectly in a jacket pocket plus larger sizes. Their quality is hard to beat.

Kingman
-*-The Card Magic of Kingman-*-

I took the Pledge
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I prefer a spiral notepad and a pen that clips onto a belt loop. When I get home, Yahoo notepad allows me to file my ideas.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
I also use spiral notebooks with thick sting covers and lined paper. There about 5" x 8".
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Hofi
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hofi
I used several moleskin but now switch over to an electronic version to gather notes. The version I´m using I have installed on my PC, iphone, iPad and is synchronized immidiately. This enable me to have all of my notebooks (on per area) all the time on hand. The app I´m using is for free called "ever note" ... but there are multiple out there doing the same
inshanemagic
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, FL
6 Posts

Profile of inshanemagic
Evernote is definitely the best electronic way to go. It has a ios app, an android app, and even a desktop client. I have different notebooks for different things, like Card Magic, Sponge, Coin, etc. it's also a good way to catalog and inventory tricks and props.

For the pen and paper way, I use a blank sketchbook. I can draw and write notes and ideas.

-Shane
Vthegreatone
View Profile
New user
Bowie, Maryland
57 Posts

Profile of Vthegreatone
I use my ipod/iphone...and catch up when I'm on the toilet. (I'm not joking.)
Magic and Philosophy are One
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Second the iPhone/iPad. I lose bits of paper and don't lug notebooks around. The pad / phone comes with the handy note app per installed...

Marc
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I-Pad all the way. I type it in my Notes and then I email the notes to myself. It is very easy to do and to use the I-Pad.

RP
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I use evernote on my android phone but I do love pen and paper. Used Moleskines for years.
About 8 or 9 months ago I got one of these: http://www.livescribe.com/uk/

It digitises all the stuff you write/draw with it. You still have the hardcopy in the notebook but also have it as a pdf (accessible on evernote) and you can also record audio notes which are linked to the writtten notes or drawings.
Very handy.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
This is very handy too:

http://www.mindjet.com/
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
I use Windows Notepad and a text file "thoughts on tricks" or whatever. iPad/iPhone also great ideas. Keep it simple, available and fresh.
ronnyman
View Profile
New user
Indiana
56 Posts

Profile of ronnyman
I bought a leather pocket 3"x5" notebook cover so I can just buy notebooks again and again without paying a lot. I got the idea from asking a cop what they usually use.
WhoDeanie
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
OneNote from Microsoft. (Better than Evernote IMO) Phone, tablet, desktop.
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Taking notes (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL