The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Dennis Michael Mini-Lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
515 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Hi all!

Just a quick note to everyone. Back in August we had a surprise visitor to our club. Dennis Michael Dowhy (who everybody on the Café should know by now) was in town and decided to stop by and see us. I visited Dennis back in February at the Kidabra Chapter #1 Conference, which will also take place in February 2012 so make your plans to go now.

Dennis not only visited the club but also brought us a mini lecture on kid show performing. Dennis showed us some of his favorite routines, some performance tables, as well as a self made back drop that looked pretty cool.

We totally agreed with Dennis's thoughts on kid show work including the fact that the kids are more impressed with the magician and his comedy and audience interaction, then with the trick itself.

Dennis also showed us his portable sound system and mic that he found for a fraction of the regular price on Ebay and it works just as well as some of the higher priced units.

We had a great time with Dennis and we truly appreciated the time he took to come up to see us and give his presentation. Well done!

We hope that Dennis was equally impressed with our group as we did some magic to kick the evening off the right way.

Check out the Kidabra site for the next Chapter #1 Conference - http://www.kidabra1.org/

S. Patrick
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Thanks for the comment S. Patrick.

"Impressed with your group?" Yes, Two fold.
1. A sign that one is enjoying a lecture is when they are taking many notes and there was plenty of that. this does make a difference to the lecture.
2. The magic that was presented: As you know I am a kid magician, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying other forms/types of magic. I was amazed enough to not know how the routine was done. They were original to me. Also, the things this group does clearly say it is an active and fun group.

It was my pleasure to be there.

Dennis
Dennis Michael
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Wish I could have been there! Dennis is a great guy! He is filled with tons of information, and he's always willing to share and help out!

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Dennis Michael Mini-Lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL