The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rubber Cement for Spooky effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danster08
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of danster08
I was not sure where to post this question, but since there are many spooky magic tricks that rely on Rubber Cement, I thought I would start here.

Sean Fields recommends getting a bicycle tire repair kit and using the tube of rubber cement from that so as to have a very portable rubber cement. Carrying the bottle of Elmer’s can be a hassle. I am wondering is there a difference? Some of the tire repair kits say that they have added chemicals. I like performing many effects that require rubber cement, but do not like carrying the bottle. Plus it seems that it would be much less messy to squirt it out of a tube.

*I am talking about tricks that require rubber cement on the skin.
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
http://danielleemagic.com/
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
You can decanter the glue in a antiseptic bottle and apply openly under the guise that you want to be cautious to avoid infection. This works well with needle through arm.
I use antique medecine bottles. Duffies blood also works well in this fashion of antiseptic swabbing.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
The best sticky stuff you can get is called " Specizelkleber Ki " It is a specially created adhesive for prosthetics including silicone, cold foam and latex.

Regards
Dr Rob.
Ms. Merizing
View Profile
Loyal user
Edwin Carl Erwin is digging postholes for
232 Posts

Profile of Ms. Merizing
DrRob,

Results from a Google search for the "best sticky stuff you can get": Your search - Specizelkleber Ki - did not match any documents.

Kindly post link source(s).
Pleased to continue finding that all the world's a stage.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
The Dark Woods of New England
793 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
Oh man...just seeing the words Spirit Gum makes me shiver......many, many, many, many, many nights glued into prosthetics......my skin was SO raw.....

The stuff works REALLY good though!
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
How appropriate! The spirit gum memory haunts you!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Sorry it was my spelling!

http://www.dauphines.co.uk/p-kerling-int......50ml.htm

Regards
Dr Rob.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rubber Cement for Spooky effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL