The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ideas for Halloween routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Full Effect Steve
View Profile
New user
NJ
82 Posts

Profile of Full Effect Steve
I just placed my order Arthur! If it doesn't make it into my Halloween Show this year than there is always next season! I have been using the Skeleton in the Closet for many years so this looks like a fun twist!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20519 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I'm a big believer that one of the fastest ways to change a show for the season is COLOR!

Halloween and much of Fall is Orange, Yellow, Bright Green and Black. In silk magic that is very easy to do. Double 4-Color Change Silks, 20th Century Silks, Soft Soap, THIS (Improved), Sympathetic Silks and production silks are all easy color changes to make for the season.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Did the topic change? I thought we were discussing performances for Trick or Treaters, or what I call "Front Porch Shows." The kids are there for candy and "stuff." This is one audience you have to pay after giving your performance. Therefore the performances have to be quick and to the point before you reward them for making it to your front door, despite the spooky stuff that makes them wonder if it's worth it. It's great for your reputation in the neighborhood, but not much good for the rest of the year unless you give out your flyer or business card in such a way that makes them want to keep it after the bag of candy has been emptied. One of the treats I used to give them (when I was still seeking part time employment at their birthday parties) was a Halloween coloring booklet featuring black and white line drawings of me and my porch illusions from previous years, reminding them of all the fun they had when they were trick or treating, and subtly hinting that they might want to hire me for their next birthday party (or whatever). Since many of my visitors came from beyond my neighborhood, this increased both my birthday business and the number of new Halloween porch visitors every year. Now I just do it because they've come to expect it.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ideas for Halloween routine? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL