The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield's levitating lady in the shopping centre - which prop? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mjaanes
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mjaanes
There are so many different props for levitation. Does anybody know which one Copperfield is using when levitating the lady in the shopping centre as I would like to buy that particular one? It can not be Super X since he freely walks away. Also, I was puzzled by the ease with which he pulled the ring all the way from left to right (no gooseneck attached obviously).

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb6KhHQcoKI for the original take.

Thanks in advance
Rgds
Christian
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4806 Posts

Profile of videoman
http://www.ladderlevitation.com

(shopping center??? OMG-Too funny!!!)
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2011-09-24 14:04, videoman wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth. LOL
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
The price is not exactly the same as a super X either.... But it is a Very nice illusion to have!
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1400 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
The illusion is the Blaney Ladder Suspension.. and what he does on TV.. with the audience where it is, cannot be done at your next shopping mall show.

Don't you watch "reality" TV? Don't believe ANY of what you see; and believe even less of what you hear. That goes for news too.
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Welcome to the pro's kid.... ;-). You'll need to have thick skin around here. They are all correct though. Very few magicians attain the level of financial success to be able to obtain such a fine prop. You will be hard pressed to find a levitation to do at a shopping mall.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2011-09-24 15:14, The Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-24 14:04, videoman wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth. LOL

For the record.. videoman and I are laughing at the fact that you called the American Embassy in China a shopping center. Not the fact that you may be performing at one. Nothing wrong with that at all.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
If you want to perform surrounded, get a chair suspension. Price: $500 to $1200 or so. Blaney's ladder suspension has normal "stage angles". You can pick one up occasionally (pre-owned) for $10,000 or so. I would buy one but I would be dead before I could recoup the investment.

Jim
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2011-09-24 20:54, jimhlou wrote:
If you want to perform surrounded, get a chair suspension. Price: $500 to $1200 or so. Blaney's ladder suspension has normal "stage angles". You can pick one up occasionally (pre-owned) for $10,000 or so. I would buy one but I would be dead before I could recoup the investment.

Jim

Jim. Your advice regards the chair suspension was dead on. Regards the Ladder Levitation .. I recouped my investment in two years and it now makes a profit for me so I consider it to be a very good investment. Maybe not for everyone but for me it surely was.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The first time I saw this Blaney fooled us badly.

In the Netherlands, he got a newspaper reporter from the audience and she nearly ruined it as she sat up in the middle of the routine to try to EXPOSE it. Walter grabbed her and flattened her back down immediately saying "Don't move you could be seriously hurt."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1434 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Quote:
On 2011-09-25 11:30, Pete Biro wrote:
The first time I saw this Blaney fooled us badly.

In the Netherlands, he got a newspaper reporter from the audience and she nearly ruined it as she sat up in the middle of the routine to try to EXPOSE it. Walter grabbed her and flattened her back down immediately saying "Don't move you could be seriously hurt."

What a great line! I bet she laid back down, and stayed still after that! What a great out... Gotta love Blaney. Smile
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Walter has a BUNCH of these stories. He is writing a book that will include most. Pete is correct about this story. It really happened.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6772 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2011-09-25 11:30, Pete Biro wrote:
...Walter grabbed her and flattened her back down immediately saying "Don't move, you could be seriously hurt."

No doubt. Walter had a mean right hook...

Seriously, I thought I recognized that! The "Ladder" lev! That's really an old vid! DC looked young then! Wow, I did not know DC did that! Great find!

Doug
mjaanes
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mjaanes
Thanks a lot for all the pieces of advice. Really appreciate it.
10k is too expensive for me - too bad.

Christian
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2447 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Years ago, I got a call one day from David saying, "I'm getting a new toy, want to come play?" Walter had come to Hollywood to drop off the levi at David's apartment so my wife (at the time!) and I went over to test the rig with him. Seeing Walter do this amazing routine in David's living room was a real treat. The number of subtleties and nuances he had developed were beyond belief. David went on to develop the brilliant "Come Fly With Me" routine with it he continued to use for many years.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Ray - I recall reading of this encounter of yours on Walter's web site. I believe it was a special moment for him as well. I recall thinking how cool it must have been to be you, having been included in on this. Thanks for sharing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield's levitating lady in the shopping centre - which prop? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL