The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books you WANT (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
DrBrewhaha
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of DrBrewhaha
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2018, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2018, DrBrewhaha wrote:
Seeking JawDroppers! One by Harry Lorayne.

Incredible book. Tough to acquire. Those who have it don't want to part with it. I don't blame them. My Inscribed copy is always on my table.
I sincerely hope you find one. Good luck!


Happy to hear it's great. Sad to hear it's so tough to get. I'll keep searching.
kShepher
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington, DC
313 Posts

Profile of kShepher
I'll second Jawdroppers 1. Can't find it anywhere.....yet.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4673 Posts

Profile of landmark
Looking forward to the Johnny Thompson book.
clars
View Profile
New user
Folsom Ca
99 Posts

Profile of clars
Dominatricks by Tyler Wilson. Having no luck at all
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5948 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Card File 2- Mentzer
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
61 Posts

Profile of mandrax
Looking for Rene lavand magic from the soul. Looks like it is out of print and can't find it anywhere!
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
You can try directly Mike Canevey for the Lavand’s book. Sometimes, publishers have a few left even if it’s said out of print on the website.
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
61 Posts

Profile of mandrax
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, Rachmaninov wrote:
You can try directly Mike Canevey for the Lavand’s book. Sometimes, publishers have a few left even if it’s said out of print on the website.


Thanks Rachmaninov will do Smile
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
61 Posts

Profile of mandrax
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, Rachmaninov wrote:
You can try directly Mike Canevey for the Lavand’s book. Sometimes, publishers have a few left even if it’s said out of print on the website.


Amazing looks like your idea worked!!! Thank you so much !
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
Professional Secrets - Geoffrey Durham
Magic Page by Page - Patrick Page
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5813 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, robvh wrote:
Professional Secrets - Geoffrey Durham
Magic Page by Page - Patrick Page
Wish the hardcover of this was still available.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Steadyhands
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Steadyhands
It's looking like I've managed to acquire a copy of The Chop Cup Book by Mark Wilson. I saw it on Amazon for a good price ($85). Purchasing it became a little tricky, the seller wouldn't ship to Australia. Luckily Australia Post have recently set up a package forwarding service in the US so I added this address to Amazon and have just received a "Shipped" notice.

Next stage is when AusPost contact me about the shipping to me in Oz.
sennheiser
View Profile
New user
Germany
68 Posts

Profile of sennheiser
Jerry Mentzer's "Card Cavalcade" series is on my wish list.
Steadyhands
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Steadyhands
The Chop Cup Book by Mark Wilson is now off my want list and now on my bookshelf. Auspost's Shop Mate mail forwarding was a mostly painless process.
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Is there a Lubor Fieldor book being published this year?
boboswitch
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of boboswitch
Today marks a yearly anniversary that I have been looking for a specific book. We have all been there. Just need to be patient. Post "WTB" messages. Ask friends to "be on the lookout." All of these approaches and others can be successful; however, there is also the inevitable (and sometimes uncomfortable) "haggle." Also, I can't help but wonder if a book that would be of great interest to me to read and have on my shelf is of much lesser importance to someone else where that title is "just another book" to them. What if there was a repository where people list the books they want and also list how much they were willing to pay for the book. Someone else who also wants the same book could also express their interest and list what they were willing to pay (undoubtedly more than the first person). Kind of like an auction for books that are not available. Such topics could be perused by book owners and they might be intrigued at what someone would pay for a book that they own. In the end, two happy persons in a transaction. I guess that is enough to float out the idea. Maybe it an old idea? Maybe it is a dumb idea? However, who knows, maybe by this time next year I will no longer be waiting for the book that I have been looking hard for. Thoughts?
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of nooner
Boboswitch - what book are you looking for?
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2018, boboswitch wrote:
Today marks a yearly anniversary that I have been looking for a specific book. We have all been there. Just need to be patient. Post "WTB" messages. Ask friends to "be on the lookout." All of these approaches and others can be successful; however, there is also the inevitable (and sometimes uncomfortable) "haggle." Also, I can't help but wonder if a book that would be of great interest to me to read and have on my shelf is of much lesser importance to someone else where that title is "just another book" to them. What if there was a repository where people list the books they want and also list how much they were willing to pay for the book. Someone else who also wants the same book could also express their interest and list what they were willing to pay (undoubtedly more than the first person). Kind of like an auction for books that are not available. Such topics could be perused by book owners and they might be intrigued at what someone would pay for a book that they own. In the end, two happy persons in a transaction. I guess that is enough to float out the idea. Maybe it an old idea? Maybe it is a dumb idea? However, who knows, maybe by this time next year I will no longer be waiting for the book that I have been looking hard for. Thoughts?

What book are you seeking, boboswitch?

I hunted for 12 years before finding the Scroll of Masklyn ye Mage at a price I could afford.
boboswitch
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of boboswitch
Thank you for the replies! Very kind of you to even acknowledge this topic. "Private Party Lecture Notes" by Michael Weber are my "Holy Grail" book/notes search right now. I have been looking for years and have never seen them appear anywhere.

I feverishly also look for other impossible to find Weber titles that I have incredible interest in. His "Seeds Lecture Notes" would be a one-in-a-million find. While I view the aforementioned to be "unobtainium," I am on a crusade to seek/find the following Weber titles as well: Invocational Lecture notes, Two Fold Tour notes (NYC private card conference), Japanese FISM notes, French Lecture notes, and German Lecture notes. Last, Weber was a part of Stan Allen's Inside Magic Newsletter and I would LOVE to obtain/procure a full run of that publication. Finally, full disclosure would include that I am fiercely looking for two of Weber's tricks that he produced: "Stamp Out Card Tricks" and "One-Two Punch."

With thankfulness for encouraging me to pursue these dreams,

Frank
Indistinguishable
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Indistinguishable
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2018, Peckham wrote:
Is there a Lubor Fieldor book being published this year?


Lubor's book was originally listed as a 2015 arrival. Certainly that's high on my shopping list too. Though since no news this year 2019 will be the earliest.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books you WANT (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL