The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusions that have "Transferred" from Close-Up to Stage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I was reading an old Magic magazine today, and saw an advertisement for Tenyo products. These things by Lubor Fiedler and others are always so cool, so I started wondering whether any of these (or other cool close-up "illusions") have been translated into stage-size illusions.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
ClintonMagus,

Great topic. Me too I like a lot those little products and thought of putting them on stage. But I always wondered if this would be possible. I don't own a lot of Tenyo products ans those I own aren't technically suited for the stage.

Oliver.
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
There's lots of great effects that can be done Close-Up and Stage in fact that is what I suggest to Magicians that want to make the move from close-up to stage. Use material that works for both that way you can get lots of practice off stage and then it's just a matter of getting up on stage and doing it in front of more people with a microphone... If you start with material you are comfortable with, you then only have to think about the most important part the presentation and the entertainment value.
I use to do the Floating Cigarette close up and then when I put it on stage I came out floated the cigarette to music etc and have my assistant come out and I do the smoke in glass and vanish the cig at the end so that's 2 and a half mins out of a close up trick that can be used on stage effectively... There are many other great tricks that work for both.. Good luck
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I guess what I really had in mind was effects that have been "scaled up" from pocket-size to stage-size.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
Sorry my mistake
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Hehehehe... funny enough we toured with a stage version of 'Cups and Balls' using Trash Cans (and trash) and it rocked the audience. It's been a while, I should pull that one back out.

I have jumbo sized all kind of simple tricks... I'm sure we all have. Even using regular set of jumbo cards or 'display' cards you can find in many party stores look great and work great.

Like:
- Jumbo Card Warp (Still Use This a TON in our Corporate Training Events...)
- Huge 52 on 1 (Made with all REAL Cards… 1973… Don’t know if they even had Jumbo 52 on 1 back then… ha! Maybe.)
- Hippity Hop Cards
- Large Temple Screen
- Jumbo 2 Card Monte (Still Use That Too...)
- Large Squared/Squared (Jumbo Spade Cut Out and Screen Mesh Behind It… and it packs FLAT Too!)

All Home Made when we were kids and of course as we got older…etc Don't even ask about our very SAD "Disco Magic" presentation we did for Ring 216 in San Jose back in the late 70s with some of this stuff... hahahahaha! Oooohhh, the painful memories! Ha!

Hope that serves...

I am at Your Service and In HIS Service,
Dean
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Paul Daniels talks about doing something like this with a Tenyo product for one of his T.V. shows, I'm just not sure where he mentioned it!

B
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Find the Lady... the plot, not the method.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
I have seen a video on YouTube of a Dissecto that the victim puts their head through instead of their wrist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusions that have "Transferred" from Close-Up to Stage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL