The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Bizarre question about Bizarre magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Hello folks here in this wonderfull dungeon,
Can bizarrists be bizarre without being a little bit excentric or weird?
Just a question.
yes, I think of myself as being excentric.
greetings,
Cirrus
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
YES !
Me and the girl that floats over me in my bed at night...says Yes,Yes,Yes !!!
Also my little creepy girl Spirit Guide says yes too !

We all agree ! Smile

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Hmmm, I think you'd have to be a little eccentric to be interested in the phenomena, folklore, and myths that provide so much of the framework of bizarre magic. I guess you could be a mundane & uninteresting and do bizarre magic, but it would seem inauthentic I think. I would characterize myself as a non-conformist...how about the rest of you?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Is this a question or an observation? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been observed before.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
It is both I think. I love being excentric and I don't do anything special to be that way. Also I'm a non-conformist, because I am, I don't like to draw between the lines of the mundane, that's to easy.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
I sometimes have to remind myself that to the rest of humanity I must be a little... odd. "Normal" for me is seances, tarot cards, and out of body experiences. I have to try to remember that for the vast majority "normal" is office job, soap operas, and football.

I know which one scare *me* the most! Smile
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...and true eccentric and interesting people consider themselves (usually) pretty quiet and ordinary...
I've asked to be banned
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Mr. Voodini
I agree with you. I also know who scare me most. Any new books?
Cheers
Roni
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Well. I'm ordinary.

Right?

Huh?

HUH?

HUH!!??!!!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
Any new books?
Cheers
Roni

Hi Roni! I'm slaving away (?) at the moment with a new one that centred around Kiss of the Clairvoyant. I'll be in touch when I have a copy for you to take a look at, if that's okay?

See you in November at Tab?
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
The Dark Woods of New England
793 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
Hhhmmmm....an interesting quandry. I think that those of us who delve into the darker realms of our art
definitely have a little extra something. Eccentricity? Perhaps. There is something that is inside us all that sets us just a little bit apart from the masses....and I like that.
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I am certain that everybody who considers themselves bizarre magicians, distance themselves from the other magicians and even mentalists and cosider them as people who do magic with an attitude off "Look-what-I-Can-Do".
I for instance got upset because people always tried to figure out how I did something. That's why I'm going to start doing magic with a story woven between the magic.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
I didn't consider myself eccentric for a long time.
Not until I asked my friends, family and associates how they might describe me.
Much to my chagrin they used the word eccentric many times when weird failed to fit well enough.

I don't think one could be interested in Bizarre magick without being a tad bizarre themselves.

It's good to know a place where people of the same mind can meet share their stories and exchange their ideas.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I am not rich enough to be considered 'eccentric".
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
First of all you don't need to be rich to be eccentric Smile I had a teacher: a very brilliant man, who was like a walking wikipedia. He knew everything in my mind and he wasn't rich at all.

I recall being described as intelligent, wise, with broad knowledge of things and being mysterious, in my mind everything a man (or woman) needs to be a bizarrist.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I never thought of myself as a bizarrist until people told me I was one. I just liked the fine line between making an audience squirm and laugh.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I never really considered myself eccentric, weird, or a bizarreist. I just don't know anything I love better than to be elbow deep inside a cadaver. Isn't that normal?
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
GeoffreyD
View Profile
Loyal user
Canberra, Australia
244 Posts

Profile of GeoffreyD
Quote:
On 2011-09-27 17:38, Voodini wrote:
"Normal" for me is seances, tarot cards, and out of body experiences.

I must admit I've caught myself chatting merrily away at parties about ghosts, seances and magic, only to look up and discover that most of the people in the room are looking at me as if I've grown an extra head.
Or like that scene in Clue/Cluedo where Mrs Peacock starts talking and nervouly babbles away until she looks up and notices that everyone is staring at her with their jaws slack Smile
Hmm, note to self: Must watch "Clue" again soon.

*Flames! Up the side of my face!* Smile
Cheers
Geoffrey
www.dark-myst.com.au
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Weren't Bizarrists goth before goth became a trend? I always thought the Adams family were the coolest family on their block, so I don't think bizarre magicians are eccentric, I just think they're cool. Even on the Café, this is the coolest place to be...warm people...cool place. (And a little dark too).
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
The cool people here, are the ones that are deceised without them knowing it themselves yet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Bizarre question about Bizarre magicians (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL