The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2011 entrée: Gregory Wilson » » 3/4 across » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Hi Greg: I do A Questionable Trick quite a lot, but the one I REALLY want to do is 3/4 Across. I first saw it on a Jay Sankey DVD (he calls it Mr Clean Coins Across) then saw your version. I have been practising on and off for seven years now. Any idea when I'll get it to performance standard? And who invented it - you or Jay?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
That's a good question, I'm in the same boat. I too have been practising it on and off for about 7 years but never seem to get to performance level.
Gregory Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
87 Posts

Profile of Gregory Wilson
Gentleman,

Firstly, Jay's routine is similar in the beginning and different at the end. He never saw me perform mine and I never saw him perform his when we both independently put out our respective videos. I'm sure we were both influenced by the same source in Bobo's - the Tenkai Pennies. When assiduously researching who to credit for anything and everything I make available to the conjuring community, someone told me about Sankey's version. My source had assured me, however, that mine was different enough to warrant publication. In fact, to this day I'm not sure who made it to publication first. As a side note, I've been doing my version and showed it around A LOT since the early 80's - before I even heard of Sankey.

Pardon the apparent over-proving, but wanted to finally set the record straight.

Regarding practice time for my routine, or even Sankey's routine for that matter, you're going to hate me for this!!!!!!! It took me a few days to get it down. It's probably one of those knacky kinda things where you get it quickly or you don't. There are a number of things that people try to teach me and my hands just don't want to cooperate. Daniel Garcia, in fact, told me just recently that he cannot learn the Boomerang Card no matter how hard he tries. But that doesn't mean you should give up. Just practice over a bed so your back doesn't end up in traction. : )
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
I'm in the same situation.
I have been practising 3/4 across for about 6 years but never put it in real performance.
It needs strong misdirection.
I can only make 2 coins across but not the last one.
I think I should keep practicing!!
Thanks Greg.
YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
It took me about 4years (on and off) to get the Sankey routine (sorry Greg) to performance level. There was one element I needed direct help from Jay on too. I had to wait until I saw him at a lecture in the UK! My point however is this, I now use the routine a lot and can do it with any UK coin (even the tiny 5p or large, thick £2) if I have to.

It's worth persevering with the practice! Smile
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
This is my favorite impromptu coin trick .
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
What is great about it (apart from the fact that it is great) is that it doesn't require a table!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_kfuzXpkAI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2011 entrée: Gregory Wilson » » 3/4 across » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL