The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Magic bra trick flops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EricClark
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
68 Posts

Profile of EricClark
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Gee. Who would ever think that the bra trick could be done and perceived as inappropriate by an audience?
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Sometimes an unexpected negative reaction by the one on the receiving end of the trick can be a real killjoy. If the volunteer feels embarrassed or humiliated colleagues and friends are not likely to view the trick as innocent "fun".
Remember, school board meetings are where many of those ridiculous sensitivity policies are created so all it takes is one nose bent out of shape. Sometimes it is good to exercise the better part of valor at some meetings.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
R Don
View Profile
Regular user
West Coast
186 Posts

Profile of R Don
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6694 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I have never liked the bra trick. Underwear/bra stuff is just not funny to me. I've always wondered if that trick would backfire. I see it has...

Doug
chleby
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of chleby
Some people just don't have a sense of humor
Lighting Designer- Dan Sperry MAGIC SHOW Times Scare NYC
Lighting Designer- Dan Sperry Spring 2011
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2227 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Ok, this was not a smart choice, but they are treating this like a federal case! The guy lost his job over it!!??? Does anyone know that its not really the women’s bra? It’s a trick. Geeez.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-11-05 23:17, chleby wrote:

Some people don't have a sense of propriety either.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-11-06 06:38, Ken Northridge wrote:
Ok, this was not a smart choice, but they are treating this like a federal case! The guy lost his job over it!!??? Does anyone know that its not really the women’s bra? It’s a trick. Geeez.

But in a corporate or government setting this type of behaviour could easily be seen as a form of sexual harrasment. It's one thing for a hired entertainer to do a trick like this in this enviroment. It is entirely different dynamic when performed by as co-worker or supervisor. There's a time and a place for everything. But this definately was not the appropriate locale for the bra trick to be done.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Quote:

Totally agree. But then he shows that by doing the bra trick....or did you mean the audience?
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Quote:

Be that as it may. If you offend the person who makes the decisions as to what entertainment gets hired, or who keeps his/her job you can keep telling yourself how they "just don't have a sense of humor" when somebody else gets the gigs you aren't getting. There are some effects or lines of patter I like to do, but I also know that what goes over well at a rugby social goes over like a lead balloon at a business or church function.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
This really is a no brainer. When you perform for anyone that has "School" in their title DO NOT do any underwear or racy magic. Remember this is the Sexual Harassment age and it is alive and well especially in schools where putting condoms on right is taught.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Magic bra trick flops (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL