We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Needs some thoughts on a routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1687 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Hi All,
I'm working on a routine, but
need some thoughts on the middle/ending.
Here's the effect I'm going for (now remember this is the middle/ending of the routine).

I've just vanished 3 silver coins all at once.
There's a small coin purse on the table and a spectator pick up the purse and dumps out the 3 coins just vanished.
The spectator puts the coins back into the purse.

I then produce the coins one at a time by apparently pulling them through the bag of the purse.
As they're being produced I toss them into my left hand.
After the 3rd coin is produced and tossed into the left hand the hand is opened and the silver coins have turned into Chinese coins.

ok here's the bare bones and where I'm having problems.
After the vanish of the 3 coins, I have them in RIGHT hand finger P.

Here's the problem
I need to ditch two of the silver coins and steal the chinese coins.

Here's what I have been doing.
My right hand goes into my pocket (using my patter for a reason to do this). I drop two silver coins and grab the chinese coins off a small hook that's safty pinned inside my pocket. Problem is I THINK is that my hand is in the pocket too long.

Any thoughts on this would help. thanks

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4188 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hey Joe, you finish with three chinese coins in the hand, but the purse is still loaded with the three silver coins. If this is the end of the routine, you're pretty dirty. You need to 1. Show the purse empty,or 2. change the chinese coins back to silver and transport them to the purse,or 3. Place the chinese coins into the purse and have them change back to silver (best). Try to get the chinese coins from another place as he is emptyng the purse and placing them back into the purse. Then, you'll have to find a way to get rid of the extra silver coins. Good luck, Mike
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1687 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Mike, HI

It's not the end of the routine, just the part I'm having trouble on.

At the end I'm left with no silver coins and just the chinese coins and a ribbon. So from there I can go into Troy Hooser's CCC routine.

But at the point mentioned above I really need to get rid of two silver coins and get the chinese coins.
I have a way of doing it but seems at least to me that my hand is in the pocket a little too long. I'm hoping with the patter I'm using it covers enough for my hand to be in the pocket and there is time delay before the change into the silver coins.
Thanks

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Ignore me...
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Ignore me...
I think Michael Rubinstein's suggestion of stealing the Chinese coins earlier, as opposed to at the same time as the ditch, is a good idea. Is there a reason that they must occur simultaneously?

Michael raises some routining concerns as well. I've dropped you a PM.

++++

BTW, Michael, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your thoughts in the August Entrée forum, as well as your other contributions to the forum.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Joe,

Have you seen John Born's "Matrix God's Way"? He describes a holdout for chinese coins that is quiet, secure, and fast. So, even though it be heresy, I suggest you skip the "matrix" material (for now, definitely read it later) and check out the "Holed-out". (I think that's what he calls it)

Or, you could just work the first part of the routine with the CC's held out in various palms...
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If I had some idea what the presentation was about, and what style of communication you have... I might be able to offer some useful suggestions.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
carlb
View Profile
New user
Seattle
77 Posts

Profile of carlb
Is sleeving or the breast pocket an option for ditching the coins? Topit? Depending on the routining you can ditch each coin seperately or a little bit of "fun tack" can go a long ways toward keeping multiples quiet.

I concur with the others that it may be best to seperate the ditch of the silvers from the steal of the chinese coins.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1687 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Curtis,I have a type of hold-out for the CC that holds them in a stack and is Easy to get them into F.palm
(But I still plan on getting MGW)

RE: Or, you could just work the first part of the routine with the CC's held out in various palms...

I had thought about this and work a little on it but then I lose the clean display after the vanish of the silver coins.
My patter covers the reason my hand is in the pocket.
The 3 coins vanish from my hands for the 2nd time,
I show my hands empty and as this is happening I say
(People don't belive I can make the coins vanish from my hands and end up in the coin purse over there. In fact they THINK I sneak the coins in my pocket and they want me to open the purse but I can't do that...But YOU can.) They open the purse and dump all the coins onto the table or in someone else's hands.

I'm hoping with this patter and a slight turn to the person on my right, that my hand won't actually be seen going into my pocket and if it is, perhaps they won't remember it being in there after the silver coins change into the C.coins

BTW, This whole routine started out as a vanish and reproduction of 3 coins using ideas from Kainoa's book
"Coins on Edge"
From there I added a purse and a 2nd phase and added the change to the chinese coins
The change to the C. coins idea came from your "Beijing Coins Across" from "Palms of Steel 2"

There's a kicker ending (That leads me into Troy's CCC routine) that I left out above that took my girlfriend by surprise when I showed it to her Smile

Would love to show this to you at the COINvention if you have some free time that is; just keep in mind this routine is still under construction Smile

Thanks for the advice

Best
Joe

Jon, I'll send you an email in a bit. Maybe it will help you understand a bit more. It's just too much to post here.

carlb RE: Is sleeving or the breast pocket an option for ditching the coins?

During the routine I pull up my sleeves and hope if anyone tries to backtrack they will remember me pulling them up so it will stop them from going that route.
The breast pocket is used right before I show the silver coins have changed into the Chinese coins.

RE: I concur with the others that it may be best to seperate the ditch of the silvers from the steal of the chinese coins.

Wish I could but that would slow down the flow of the routine.

This is one of those routine where you get an idea pops up in your head and you pretty much have it all worked out before you have the coins (in this case) in your hands.
This routine flows from one phase to the next and if you combined it with Troy Hooser's CCC you have a mini act.
I'M just worried about the hand being in the pocket but then again I worry about everything

Thanks to all who have responded
Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Needs some thoughts on a routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL