The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My sister has cancer (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Just did what you ask.

Anytime....

David
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2011-10-18 14:14, stoneunhinged wrote:
I'm so upset I can hardly type.

Please pray or do whatever it is you do.

Jeff... you and your sister have not been out of my prayers since you first told us of this.

I am SO glad you made that trip and I suspect you are also.

Strength to you both,

Tim
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Quote:
On 2011-10-18 14:14, stoneunhinged wrote:
I'm so upset I can hardly type.

Please pray or do whatever it is you do.

I am... Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Keep the faith and keep her spirts up it is serious but is cureable. It is so nice you were able to go and she could see her daughter's wedding.

My step daughter just went through the same thing. She is about 35 and it was very serious. She has only been married for 1 month. My wife and I both noticed she had put on more weight since the wedding. She is a large gal so sometimes it is hard to tell. She had been going to a free clinic and they failed to diagnose it. They found two tumors..one the size of a cantaloupe and one the size of a golf ball. They also removed over 4 liters of fluid. The surgeon is pretty confident he got it all and it had not spread. Probably about 6 doses of chemo should be enough to control things.

The worse part is her husband is a hoarder. The house she moved into (a year ago) has black mold. We really think this is what killed his mother who lived with him and probably aggreivated if not caused her condition. He does not want to leave the house. Nothing can be removed from the house because of the mold, including wedding gifts. None of us wanted this marriage but this has only added to problems. Melessia has a large, strong family thtat will not just stand by. She has been told she can never go back into that house and she accepts this. We just have to convince him or remove him from the picture.

I am sorry to go on this tangent. But the bottom line, ovarian cancer is cureable but needs to be detected. If your family or friend has become a hoarder and there are mold issues in the house, take action to get them out.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Again:

I'm praying for your sister and for you right now, and will continue to do so.

Sincerely,

Ron
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
So sorry to hear about this Jeff.
Glad that she got to see your niece get married.
Hoping for the best, thinking of you,
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Also very sorry to hear about this.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Just came across this, very sorry to hear about it, Jeff. You'll be in our thoughts.
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Good news (kinda sorta)! They are actually going to start with chemo tomorrow. It's been delayed for the whole week for reasons I don't understand, but which were apparently very discouraging. So chemo is good!

I guess.

:( Smile Smile

I remain rather confused.

But the new semester started yesterday here in Germany, so I'm teaching classes and I'm busy and am not sitting around tearful all day. Not for the last 36 hours, at least.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Chemo is tough but it is her best hope.

I'd go easy on the cute Kitten computer links but considering Chemo is like having the Flu for months on end, try to send cheerful messages to Syndi.

I know you don't feel very cheerful but It helps to keep spirits up.

-Mary Mowder
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I think positivity can only help. Here's sending some.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Mephisticator
View Profile
New user
Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mephisticator
Obviously we've never met, but if you would ever like to talk and get some perspective on this, let me know.
I have come back to magic after a break because I have had a lot of time in my hands - fighting cancer for the past year. Very similar to your sister, but mine started in the colon and spread throughout the abdomen after my colon ruptured. I've had three major surgeries and six months of chemo (which I just finished last week). So, I know from where I speak and I know how hard cancer is to comprehend. My prognosis looks as good as it can get, but things are never that clear with cancer.
I also teach university, work for the UN and am trying to learn/ re-learn some magic so we could chat about anything...

Thinking of you and your sister and wishing you both strength in this fight.

Take care,

Kirk
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Quote:
On 2011-10-25 14:27, stoneunhinged wrote:
Good news (kinda sorta)! They are actually going to start with chemo tomorrow. It's been delayed for the whole week for reasons I don't understand, but which were apparently very discouraging. So chemo is good!

I guess.

:( Smile Smile

I remain rather confused.

But the new semester started yesterday here in Germany, so I'm teaching classes and I'm busy and am not sitting around tearful all day. Not for the last 36 hours, at least.

I hope it goes 'ok' for her.
Not easy I know - but a way 'forward'
Best,
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Jeff,

WOW!! I just came across this thread. I'm sooo sorry to hear about Syndi's health problems. I hope that the chemo takes charge and reverses the cancer. And, during all of this, please be certain to take care of Jeff too. We are all here for you so please jump on here anytime you feel the need to.

Best,

Mike

P.S. And, thanks again for all the positive words of encouragement and the good thoughts you sent my way during my recent very trying time. Just remember, we are all family and here for each other.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Mike, there is indeed a tiny bit of irony in the fact that most of my posts in the "looking out for our own" forum have been to attempt to encourage someone else with regard to cancer. It never occurred to me that I would need any kind of similar encouragement.

In your case, the encouragement came too late. But you have remained in my thoughts, and you have crossed my mind many times during the last couple of weeks. It doesn't encourage anyone or anything, but it does mean a certain kind of friendship.

Cancer sucks.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2011-10-29 08:01, stoneunhinged wrote:
Mike, there is indeed a tiny bit of irony in the fact that most of my posts in the "looking out for our own" forum have been to attempt to encourage someone else with regard to cancer. It never occurred to me that I would need any kind of similar encouragement.

In your case, the encouragement came too late. But you have remained in my thoughts, and you have crossed my mind many times during the last couple of weeks. It doesn't encourage anyone or anything, but it does mean a certain kind of friendship.

Cancer sucks.

Jeff,

Please be assured that the encouragement did not come too late. In fact, such encouragement might be even more important to a survivor after the death of a loved one.

Oh! And by the way, hardly a (month?) goes by that I do not think of your unselfish act of generosity and good-will which you extended to me about four years ago. I still get a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I reflect upon same. Such thoughts of you and your said kindness continue to help carry me through these recent "bad" days and to help make such "bad" days less and less frequent and the sadness less and less intense. Thank you...again.

And remember...Karma. What ever goes around, comes around.

Best,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
My prayers for you and your sister. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Wow...I only just found this thread. I'm so sorry to hear about this. It's great that you were able to make it to the wedding. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully all goes well with the chemo.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Thanks, Josh.

She's had chemo a few times now, and she claims improvement. But the plan for the last two weeks has been for her to go home from the hospital--but she never seems to make it. She's in too much pain, too often. A pain episode at home--without nurses (and morphene)--she fears would be more than she could bear.
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Jeff,
I am just reading this for the first time. You were there supporting me when I fought this battle. Keep the faith, brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Scott
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My sister has cancer (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL