The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Losander Table Cloth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
Hello everybody!

I've had this Losander floating table for quite some time. Problem is I'm not performing with it. The thing is I really like the effect and would like to perform it. So why aren't I? Well, I HATE the table cloth that came with it.

I've seen the cloth that he uses and I love it. I like the idea of using a cloth that is lined with a gold ribbon edging. I also really like the tassels he uses at the corners of the cloth. I contacted him about getting something like his done, and he said he didn't really do that kind of thing, but I could find a local seamstress around that would help me out. Problem is I can't find a local seamstress that can do the job!

Any suggestions?
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
If you go to any fabric store like Hancocks or even Hobby Lobby maybe a quilt shop, I'm sure you can find hundreds of people that could do what you need.
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Where I live, I'd have no problem having the work done. I've taken a number of tough projects to a local alterations shop.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Find a taylor shop.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Find the fabric and trim. Talk to a Home Economics teacher, college fashion design school, or 4-H club member. Check with women's groups at Church's. A few well placed cards in supermarkets can also work.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
silksock
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of silksock
You could also try Michael's fabric store and see if an employee sews chances are you could find someone there that does.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have made one of these for a guy once before and can do it if needed.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2011, pslaughter wrote:
I've had this Losander floating table for quite some time. Problem is I'm not performing with it. The thing is I really like the effect and would like to perform it. So why aren't I? Well, I HATE the table cloth that came with it.

That is really a strange reason for not performing a magic effect. After all, it is the performance and routine that make the effect.

Although, along those lines, I dislike the table designs, that is why I never desired to purchase the prop in the 1st place.

With all the suggestions and advice, you should have your new table cloth by now. It would be decent of you post a picture or video of your new table cloth, and tell us how satisfied you are now. It would be a way of thanking everyone for their help.

As a side note, it is not hard to make a table cloth, I borrowed my mothers sewing machine, read a book, and made a few double layer foulards myself. It only used basic sewing skills.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Losander Table Cloth (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL