The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Nemo Jumbo Rising Cards (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I bought my Nemo Rising Cards from Joe Stevens in Las Vegas.

For what it's worth, Joe Stevens used to do a very nice version of this trick, too!

But I certainly would have LOVED to have Met Ken Brooke and see him do this trick. I'm convinced that the man was a genius...his instructions, I think, are the best I've ever seen in the business.

Having said that, I took a tip from Del Ray's performance when I used my Anverdi Jumbo Card rise by having the spectator to command the card to rise, stop, lean to the left, etc., and also from Martin Lewis' performances by having the last card rise as the wrong card, then visibly change it to the right one.

I think the "kicker" at the end helps a lot.

Audiences LOVE watching the rising cards!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just for an interesting note, Roy Johnson also uses the Anverdi Jumbo Rising Cards for when he performed to his groups at very close proximity to them. Roy designed the routine to look exactly like his handling of the Nemo Rising Cards. (Note: See original instructions.) It was so identical that I was totally "fooled", until he told me. The houlette he used was different, to add to the puzzlement for me.
Tonga
View Profile
New user
Kiel Germany
23 Posts

Profile of Tonga
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2011, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Yes, Harry, I am very surprised at Pete Biro comments. You really do not need that expensive outfit he is selling through Stevens Magic to do the Paul Daniels card rise.

Roy Johnson did tell me he asked the stage manager to put on the house lights, but they did not. Maybe it was a language barrier thing, don't know.

Just one of those mishaps that happen in live performances.


I Think, it was the language barrier. To this time the most germans didn't understand english! They learned it at scool, but don't need it later. The English books and DVDs came later to germany, so that, they have to learn the language better. I think, it was only the language barrier.
see u
TONGA
Tonga
View Profile
New user
Kiel Germany
23 Posts

Profile of Tonga
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2012, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Just for an interesting note, Roy Johnson also uses the Anverdi Jumbo Rising Cards for when he performed to his groups at very close proximity to them. Roy designed the routine to look exactly like his handling of the Nemo Rising Cards. (Note: See original instructions.) It was so identical that I was totally "fooled", until he told me. The houlette he used was different, to add to the puzzlement for me.

How he did the part with the envelope on the Anverdi Rising Card? The Anverdi CR was motorised and used a rubberwheel!
Smile
see u
TONGA
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
Gene Anderson demonstrate and explains his NEMO routine in his Pinguin Live lecture. Worth checking...
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of rowland
I have just purchased an original Nero rising card but unfortunately the instructions have long been lost. Does anybody have a set they could possibly copy for me.
I know it’s a long shot but would be great to find a set
Thanks Rowland
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1461 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Rowland-

Do yourself a favor... BUY Gene Anderson's book !

Not only is the Nemo Rising cards explained in greater detail tan anywhere else, but he has another 20 or so routines that are definitive versions of classic effects.

This book has my highest endorsement
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2020, rowland wrote:
I have just purchased an original Nero rising card but unfortunately the instructions have long been lost. Does anybody have a set they could possibly copy for me.
I know it’s a long shot but would be great to find a set
Thanks Rowland


You have your PM's shout off, so no one can contact you directly. I will sell you a copy of the original instructions of the NEMO rising cards, but sorry, I cannot give a stranger the instructions for free.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1051 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2020, JNeal wrote:
Rowland-

Do yourself a favor... BUY Gene Anderson's book !

Not only is the Nemo Rising cards explained in greater detail tan anywhere else, but he has another 20 or so routines that are definitive versions of classic effects.

This book has my highest endorsement


This. Genes book is one of the best you’ll ever buy!

Gene also demonstrates it and teaches it on his penguin lecture.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of rowland
Thanks to everyone who has replied here. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:
You have your PM's shout off, so no one can contact you directly. I will sell you a copy of the original instructions of the NEMO rising cards, but sorry, I cannot give a stranger the instructions for free.



Sorry for the typo, shout off, should have been shut off. The PM choice did not appear on my screen.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2020, JNeal wrote:
Do yourself a favor... BUY Gene Anderson's book !

Not only is the Nemo Rising cards explained in greater detail tan anywhere else


This is on my list to acquire. Quick question, does it explain the "something" he uses to keep the gimmick sorted? Very inventive and greatly reduces the chance of things going wrong.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1461 Posts

Profile of JNeal
EVERYTHING is explained!

Gene was a scientist in his real life and takes the same exacting pains to take ALL with exact precision.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of algebraic
A thank you to all for recommending Gene's book. My book order has been placed.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of rowland
I contacted Gene last week. What a thoroughly nice man. He was so helpful. I am trying to find the book in the uk but it seems nobody has it. Can’t even find a second hand copy so it looks like I will have to buy it from him. I have no problem paying for the the book it’s just the $45 shipping cost that is painful, and then on top of that there is the possible customs charge.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22410 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Rowland, the book is only purchased from Gene Anderson's website, it is not wholesaled to magic dealers anywhere to my knowledge.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Rowland, the book is only purchased from Gene Anderson's website, it is not wholesaled to magic dealers anywhere to my knowledge.

Hi Bill yes you’re right and I have ordered it. Gene is a top man.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Nemo Jumbo Rising Cards (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL