The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » She's watching... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2102 Posts

Profile of RCP
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes Smile
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 17:29, RCP wrote:
She arrived today and I will never be the same. It’s much bigger than I had imagined……old and dank….like you expect with Outlaw.

It’s hard to describe the creep factor……something about the eyes…..why seal a doll in a crate?

Why does she stare like that…….what (who) does she wait for?

Forever is a long time……or is it

Thank you kind Sir.

Speak softly to her, she's very frightened...
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 18:32, RCP wrote:
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes Smile

I'm not a Gentleman ... Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2102 Posts

Profile of RCP
Is it true she belonged to Lillian? That only she and a few books survived the fire? That Hobbs sealed her in the crate......what did she see?
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of dennper
19" x 9" x 9" - so this is actually a pretty large piece yes?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-02-12 21:23, dennper wrote:
19" x 9" x 9" - so this is actually a pretty large piece yes?

Yes
The doll is 15-16 inches tall
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Anyone that has the doll,care to share the responses you are getting in performance with her ?

Thanks,
Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of dennper
I would appreciate any further reviews also Smile
magicianroger
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of magicianroger
My Paranormal Show starts back up March 2 and she will be back in it cant wait
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1515 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I have withheld a review since getting the doll as I had to return it as it had a technical glitch which involved some extra noise being made. Tim had me send it back to him and replaced what was wrong and sent it back and I just got everything out and tested today.

Now for my full review: I am extremely pleased with FOREVER. The wooden box this doll is in is quite wicked looking at it is very tall (see previous posts for exact measurements). The wood is aged nicely and it looks like it was definitely made to keep something inside. Looking into the opening you can, depending on how the doll is sitting, see either the top of the doll's head/hair, or the face of the doll. I have had it both ways - you can just push it back just a little with a pencil through the window to make it where you can see the face, or you can let it lean forward so that it's face is hidden as well.

Once the doll begins to move, there is a very slight sound of the doll moving - not a mechanical sound, more like the doll itself brushing against the sides of the walls. A few feet away and it is not noticable so if you have it on a shelf or off on a side table while you are doing the rest of your routine with the supplied hand, etc and you are talking then no one should hear a thing. You truly must be a few inches away to be able to hear it but it is enough that I wouldn't recommend sitting at a table with the doll center stage with people all around it - of course, this isn't really designed to do that anyway in my opinion - it's much spookier to have the doll be sitting one moment and then later as people happen to look up or hear the sound that it makes after a minute or two and see it staring at them from inside the window.

I more than likely will not be using this in my stage shows or regular programs - simply because I got this for two reasons - reason #1 is for my spooky magic collection, and reason #2 is for performing with it in my magic room at my house - it sits now in the middle section of a large book case/display cabinet which is lit by some candles (the battery operated kind that look real). As I show it to my guests I then move on to some other parts of the room and then do a routine involving the hand, or a combination of my Hobb's Box/Lillian's Diary, etc. Once I have the hand do something...or just tell a story that ties in with it and wait for the slight knocking sound(s), depending on how long you wait, I then let them turn their attention back to the cabinet and let the freaking out begin. Then once everything is over I have her sit back down nicely when no one is looking. When the doll sits back down there is a small amount of noise as well, but once again, nothing major and IMO that should happen once everyone is moving on to something else. That way if they happen to notice it again you have another moment of uncomfortable amazement.

One warning - be careful of the metal tacks that are around the outside metal bars on the cabinet as a couple of them will tend to fall off when you are turning it over to open it when putting in new batteries, etc and this is just due to the unevenness of the bars around it - which add to the authenticity of it all. The tacks easily stick right back in place, but if you order one make sure to check especially when getting it out the box/packing paper.

As is normal now, it also has a convenience on/off spot so you don't have to worry about taking out batteries before and after performances.

Overall, this is a great piece and I am very happy with it and it took center stage in my room and I look forward to using this many times on my unsuspecting guests, family, and neighbors. It is really unique in that this is one of the few effects that takes place away from the main action, without being seen and then waits to be noticed...and once it's noticed by someone, you realize why this is so special.

Great job to Tim, Karl, and Rick on this one. Once again, it was worth the wait.

Chad
PS. If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a pm if you'd like.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Chad,
Thanks, for a honest review! Can I ask you too...did you get the blonde or the Dark Haired doll ? lol
She,is in my future! I think,I may get the Dark Haired one,when the time comes! Smile
They,can always die it blonde if they want to...

Gary
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1515 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I got blonde as the blonde stands out a little better in the dark interior of the box. That's the only reason - and I prefer blondes.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Thank you Chad, glad you took the time to post in such detail, much appreciated.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-02-19 00:21, Chad C. wrote:
I got blonde as the blonde stands out a little better in the dark interior of the box. That's the only reason - and I prefer blondes.

This is why I wonder about the dark haired one...not sure if I want her to stand out in the box,as much as her face in the window!

I also grew up liking the Scary Dark Haired women,(rerunds of Morticia,Lilly and then Cat Woman,Vampirella,Elvira and Cher in her younger hippie days!) LOL
Wait a second,maybe it was a couple of other reasons on Elvira! Smile
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of dennper
Ok I'm in Smile
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
864 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
I am working on what to do with my Forever prop. I want to do a 5 minute ghost story with the doll as the centerpiece. Something I can use after a dinner party or even by the campfire! I have been working on the story and am not really happy with it yet. I have posted it in the crypt and would be appreciative of any suggestions. If what I have done so far helps anyone else, feel free to use it. Thanks in advance.
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
623 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Can someone explain how the hand is used in the effect since the description on the site describes it as shattering? A PM would be fine. Thanks!
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4188 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I assumed the hand functioned independently much like Lovely Lucy did?
I certainly hope so...
Gives her even more reasons to peek.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
The "shattering" part was just part of the story. You probably want to keep your hands on it when the doll rises. The arm is special(can be used with hobbes box, SM, DB etc), but is not made to "rap" like Lucy.
Now if I could just get the darn thing shipped!!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-04-22 13:59, necroloid wrote:
The "shattering" part was just part of the story. You probably want to keep your hands on it when the doll rises. The arm is special(can be used with hobbes box, SM, DB etc), but is not made to "rap" like Lucy.
Now if I could just get the darn thing shipped!!

That is correct. You don't want to shatter the arm Smile the arm does have movement as necroloid mentioned.

On June first we will stop taking orders for the Forever doll and she will be retired. Forever is extremely complex in design and far to time consuming to keep making them at the price we've been charging.

Rather than raise the price we decided to retire her. All pending orders will ship before that date and any new orders placed before June 1st will of course ship according to the time frame of the Forever queue.

We still love dolls...

Thanks!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » She's watching... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL