The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Quarter Squeeze (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
206 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
I love this little trick, but without an effective "story", it seems like just a puzzle asking to be solved by the spectators. I'm usually pretty creative, but can't seem to come up with any ideas to build into patter. Your thoughts?
Thanks!
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
Bjarne
View Profile
New user
Norway
53 Posts

Profile of Bjarne
You could tell the story about the Dante barrel escape, illustrating the barrels and assistant(s) with the props.
Here is a re-enactment by Paul Daniels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsOjQCTAbQ4

Or you could do a mock reveal of how Harry Houdini got out of the oversized milk cans. "While everybody were watching the top, he was sneaking out through the solid bottom"
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3332 Posts

Profile of Julie
Clever ideas, Bjarne!

Julie
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8407 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have had success in using it to "test" borrowed quarters to be used in other effects. Some coins pass through and others are rejected and given back to the owner. Thus, I never discuss it as a magic effect -- focusing on the later effects using the "cooperative" coins -- but the level of attention and focus is greatly enhanced.

I have tried saying that the coins are effected by the level of magic in the lender but with mixed success.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Quarter Squeeze (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL