The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Noted by Gary Jones (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
An other Effect from Magic Tao

The description is as follow:

The scenario is as follows. You approach a group of people, or an individual, holding a small note pad. You then ask them if they are ready to place their order. If they say “No”, you then say “That’s ok, how about a card trick instead?”. The notepad turns into a pack of cards right in front of their eyes.

You can use ‘Noted’ in any scenario; Restaurants, Corporate functions, Bars or Parties. The beauty of ‘Noted’ is its versatility.

‘Noted’ is designed to allow you to write on the gimmick; you could use it this way at the beginning of an ‘Invisible Deck’ routine. For example, ask a spectator to name any card. Write the named card on the ‘Noted’ gimmick then say “I will find your card, but we need a deck of cards. You then make the note pad turn into a deck of cards and, immediately, you’re ready to go into your invisible deck routine!

‘Noted’ includes a universal gimmick that makes all this, and more, possible.

No sleight of hand needed

Custom made gimmick supplied

You just supply your own deck

Comes with DVD with full explanations.
-------------------------

It looks nice according with their video:

http://www.magictao.co.uk/Noted-By-Gary-Jones

What do you think?

Nefesch
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Ah noted!

This is a great effect and an awesome opener for restaraunt work when approaching tables.

It's cheeky and great.

Highly recommended

All the best

R
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
Why do they cut the video when "the move" happens? Is it that easily detectable that they have to cut away?
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Justified question, TT!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
There was a trick out a few years ago called the restaraunt opener haven't seen the trailer so don't know if this is the same trick, but I believe it had a note pad that turned into a deck of cards.
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
Quote:
On 2011-10-02 16:18, rowland wrote:
There was a trick out a few years ago called the restaraunt opener haven't seen the trailer so don't know if this is the same trick, but I believe it had a note pad that turned into a deck of cards.

I found it, it is Called Restaurant Opener by Nuff Said Magic.

Can be bought here: http://www.ronjo.com/magic/RESTOPENE.html

Description: The waiter/waitress has just finished taking the order at a table and much to the surprise of the patrons; another waiter comes to take their order. With notepad drawn this second waiter (the magic waiter) awaits their orders and inspires mass confusion! The patrons are trying nicely to tell this second waiter that they have already ordered. The magic waiter then explains that the order that is being sought is not the food order but the magic order - he/she then transposes the note pad into a complete deck of cards right before their eyes!

What People are Saying:

JC WAGNER -
"For the walk around magician, this is the perfect "Ice breaker". Very commercial!"

GREGORY WILSON -
"The Perfect Restaurant Opener"
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
I've been performing and lecturing this (low tech version) since around 1999, it was published in my first set of lecture notes in 2001, and again in my updated notes for my 2005/2006 lecture tour. I have/had no idea of the Restaurant Opener by Nuff Said Magic, anyone know when this was released?

The method for my Noted is based on misdirection so in the demo I think Costas added the flash in his performance due to the two dimensional nature of video.

My old gimmick was constructed from two blank playing cards (check out 'Starter for 10' in my old notes and on my lecture DVD) the new gimmick looks amazing, even right up close. It now looks like a spiral bound note pad, plus it's plastic coated so you can write on it with a white board marker, this opens up many possibilities and presentations.

Regards,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
This is brilliant.

I have always enjoyed performing Gary's early version. But this new version is just brilliant. Looks amazing and is so much fun with so many possibilities. Perfect for tables and walk around.

I will also be lecturing this great effect for Gary.

Lee.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
www.facebook.com/walkaboutmagic
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2011-10-02 15:46, TTrushin wrote:
Why do they cut the video when "the move" happens? Is it that easily detectable that they have to cut away?

It's not detectable in the real world, but I would imagine it was filmed this way to preserve the secret from laypeople, for magicians who know how to misdirect it will be invisible!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2011-10-03 04:26, Lee Smith wrote:
This is brilliant.

I have always enjoyed performing Gary's early version. But this new version is just brilliant. Looks amazing and is so much fun with so many possibilities. Perfect for tables and walk around.

I will also be lecturing this great effect for Gary.
Lee.

Cheers Lee, my older version was a simple DIY job and took less than a minute to knock up, this new version is beautiful, you can stare at the gimmick right under your nose and you'd swear its a spiral bound note pad! I use it with an Invisible Deck, have the spectator name any card, write the name of the card on the pad, wham, the pad is now a deck of cards with one card reversed, the named card. Simple and direct magic.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
The old version is still the one I have today! Lol although it's looking a bit tatty now.

Love the new look the gimmick has, clever thinking Gary as always.

R
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2011-10-03 05:23, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
The old version is still the one I have today! Lol although it's looking a bit tatty now.

Love the new look the gimmick has, clever thinking Gary as always.

R

Cheers Rus.

This is another presentation I use, take a marker (white board marker ;-)) and draw on the pad a deck of cards, ask the spectator/s what is it they think you've drawn, as they look up to answer the question, job done!!

No replacements are ever needed as you can write on the gimmick with any WB marker.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

coops
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of coops
I still use the version that Gary lectured a year or two ago. It's the most natural opener for restaurant magic.
For all those magicians out there that constantly want to know how to approach a table, here's your answer.
I can't wait for this latest version, it looks great.

Alan Cooper
enigmagik32
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of enigmagik32
First saw this when Gary Jones lectured at the Devon Magic circle back in 2005?, and yes caught most magicians on the day that saw it. (as he does with most of his creations he makes me sick at times Smile) The way I remember seeing it, was he looked up then looked down and the notepad had vanished.. Because it happened so fast most people including myself thought it was on a el**tic P**l.. been using Gary's lo tech gimmick in my restaurant set for past 4 years and is a fantastic opener that breaks the ice my persona is a slightly off the wall character so suits my style you can engage with the people the minute you produce that pack of cards and go into you your 21 card trick or the version I do the 42 card trick I just do the same trick twice lol

Good luck Gary with this project
Best wishes
M
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I first read this effect in Gary's lecture notes and then saw it on his No Frills lecture DVD. It's great. Definitely the perfect restaurant opener. But you could certainly use it in any environment.

As a side note, Gary is hands down one of the best magicians I have ever seen. Every time I see him he fools the cr-- out of me. I always say that whenever I hang out with Gary, I fee l like I get a master class in performing magic. He knows the real secrets. And it's got nothing to do with the tricks themselves.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Looks great!
enigmagik32
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of enigmagik32
Hi Mr Francis
Totally agree with you CAN use it in any environment, and with some clever thinking you can adapt it to turn into something other than a pack of cards. Think on the lines of note pad turning into a small leather wallet then looking confused going to the pocket and taking out a real note pad, id call this wallet/notepad kick back but this is just a working title lol. Little bummed out could meet up with you when you came down to sunny Devon in England a few months a go but have heard many a story Smile
All the Best
M (from rainy devon)
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Thank you Cameron! Mark, great to see you back on the Café, love the idea about turning the note pad into something other than a pack of cards mate.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

enigmagik32
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of enigmagik32
Quote:
On 2011-10-04 06:21, gjmagic wrote:
Thank you Cameron! Mark, great to see you back on the Café, love the idea about turning the note pad into something other than a pack of cards mate.

Gary Jones.

Thanks Gary
Yeah I am still working on turning a Note Pad into a porche been a few years out in the wilderness but Im back now..
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I love this kind of stuff. And the premise is just as appealing as the effect. It says: "here comes"....and sets your audience up for some fun. Surely, this would endear most spectators to the performer, and make them want to see more. As has been stated, a perfect ice-breaker.
Although I don't think it's particularly "magical" from a magician's point of view, it's unexpected and comical, and tells folks that they'd better watch you like a hawk! But of course, throw in the ID, and this becomes a double-whammy miracle. A great piece of impossible magic, fast, furious, and funny.
I see why they've cut the video....and even so, it's not rocket science to understand what's going on. But for $20, a fine gimmick like this is a bargain.
Yup, I will definitely be getting this!
Potty Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Noted by Gary Jones (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL