The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Daniel Kane´s new promotion video 2011! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Kane
View Profile
New user
Sweden
36 Posts

Profile of Daniel Kane
Hello everyone,

I posted a video here some time ago when I did Viktor Voitkos Flying Linking rings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqLtnyz3OlY

Now I have a new promotion video out along with a new website that will launch in the following weeks.
I thought that maybe my promotion video is of interest for the café, so here you go.

Daniel Kane´s Promotion video 2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97rYUMXUFiE

If you like it press ''like'' on youtube and also feel free to leave a comment.
This is my official facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/DanielKaneMagic

Take care and best regards

/Daniel Kane
extremeeric
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
51 Posts

Profile of extremeeric
Liking it! Looks like you got some of Ryan C. Reed's great designs! looking forward to checking out the new site.
Daniel Kane
View Profile
New user
Sweden
36 Posts

Profile of Daniel Kane
Yeah that´s right, Ryan has designed several of my illusions. Glad you liked it!
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1384 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I'm going to offer 2 critiques: 1) the music is way to repetitive; it just drones on and on. 2) We never once hear you speak.
It's all in the reflexes.
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Not trying to bust your B@ll$, but I have seen quite a few magicians do the butt to butt dance moves with sketch pad tricks. Is that the standard for that effect? I saw a magician at a fair do that with a 12 year old girl, he had her put her hand on his leg, and shook his butt against hers. It made everyone in the audience cringe, and a bunch left. - stayed, but only because I wanted to be used as a material witness later at his trial.

Overall, I thought it looked real good.
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Some notes
- you have some very deceptive b*** designs
- you have unauthorized floating table
- you are lucky to to have such nice obedient audience , were do you get them from lol
- although the idea of using the cage cloth to steal .. is fine, it weakened the vanish of the cage a lot , it was not clear what happened to the cage and doves
- why so many magicians have to turn 360 when ending the snowstorm , does it come in the intructions
- I agree with all about magic about the butt thing . leave it to DC and try to come up with with your own ..
Daniel Kane
View Profile
New user
Sweden
36 Posts

Profile of Daniel Kane
Illucifer: Thank you for your input. I might change and vary the song with something else to get a change of pace. I did not simply find it necessary to have speech, I have other videos that I talk in, I talked in my old promotion video but I thought it slowed down the pace. Instead I tried do go with a visual approach.

Allaboutmagic: Yes I know that other do similar things, what is not seen here however is that my dance gets crazier and crazier, in a funny way and with different kinds of music. Always gets a good reaction, I have performed that piece 150-200 times this year alone, so I should know. You obviously need to know how to manage an audience, if you do it the wrong way and with the wrong person it most likely could backfire. I always do this with adults.

Dahih Beik: Thank you, my illusions are designed by Ryan C Reed and built by Tim Clothier.

Table: This table has been called the european floating table, I saw this table the first time in 1998-1999(it was built by a
swedish magician called Stefan Schützer)I bought my copy in 2000-2001 for roughly 2000$. This table does not work in the exact
same way as Losanders, it also does other things. I have also since I bought it done modifications to it. Lately however I
have been thinking of buying one of losanders custom made tables, to have one extra floating table just in case.

Audience: Once again, this has to do with audience management, I do between 200-600 shows per year (600 if I work a lot on cruise
ships) and you have to make your audience feel comfortable on stage. I also joke a lot about myself and don´t take myself
too seriously.
The cage: I have not had anyone wonder were the cage went, this might be a magician being overly sensitive thing. I have however
shots of this being performed in other venues, the only problem is that I have a different cloth for the cage vanish in
those clips and I did not do the parrot production back then.
Snowstorm: Well what can I say, it comes natural. The only thing is maybe that too many magicians do these things, however in the
long run I´m planning on removing both my snowstorm, bowl-a-rama and floating table. I already have several totally
original effects that will take their place, I only have to build them. But that time will come.
Butt thing: See my previous answer.

On another note, it´s really good to see that we have so many magicians here that perform only original material, my only question is where their promotion videos are? Smile

Any grammar and spelling errors is due to that english is not my native language, and this was written almost at the speed of light.

Best regards
/Daniel Kane
Daniel Kane
View Profile
New user
Sweden
36 Posts

Profile of Daniel Kane
Yes and btw, regarding the music in both the flying linking rings and the promo video, they are both original pieces made specifically for me.
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I perform the cardiograph .. its not oreginal at all ... but I was refering to the presentation ..
if you can perform oreginal material its great , if you cant .. then invent your own presentation ..
if anybody watches the video and knows or have seen DC doing this effect hell propably say the same
just put yourself in our seats . nevertheles I'm not saying that to discourage you on the contrary you have many good stuff ..and some very deceptive illusions . best regards.
Daniel Kane
View Profile
New user
Sweden
36 Posts

Profile of Daniel Kane
It´s no problem Dahih, I am not offended or anything. I am a quite easy going guy and don´t get easily discouraged.
I have two routines with my cardiographic, one of them includes a dance (that is very different and ''crazier'' then Copperfields presentation) the routine is also different in other aspects. I picked this scene cause I thought it looked funny, I also knew that maybe ''magicians'' would react to it the way you and allaboutmagic did. I might remove it because of the single reason that I don´t want people to think I´m a Copperfield wannabee. However I do know that this part gets extreme audience reactions, in a good way, especially because of the way this is built up.

My routine is very serious, talking about experimenting with mind reading, thought projection and that this may very well end with a complete failure etc. This sets the audience up for something big and serious. This totally turns when this crazy dance starts and only gets worse and worse, with a lot of both verbal comedy and funny facial expressions.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Ryan's props look wicked in this video. Props to the props Ryan!
Daniel Kane
View Profile
New user
Sweden
36 Posts

Profile of Daniel Kane
Well the illusions are designed by Ryan and built by Tim Clothier.
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Althoiugh I hate to do that and it might be out of context .. ill share my presentation of the cardiograph not to proove anything ..but that's how it goes .. simple
pick a card .. I talk about how I'm going to combine my two pasions drawing and magic ...
I'm going to try to draw what youn think .. I start ... and stop mid way I saw partially a drawing of a body builder hinting that the spectator is thinking like a gay lol .. please to avoid further embarrasement think strictly of the card you have ..
I show the shape .. till now its correct .. now comes the dificult part .. I draw the card .. and say the ace of D .. HE SAY NO . I didn't SAY IT WAS YOUR CARD ( I shout)..bla bla bla( I mutter )lol. are you in a hurry or something lol .. I konow what you think .. then I proceed .
I give it as a ptresent saying that it might worth something someday .. of course this sound funny in ARABIC .
Daniel Kane
View Profile
New user
Sweden
36 Posts

Profile of Daniel Kane
Dahih: You are not going to like this, but we have a guy here that does the exact same presentation...Or not! Just kidding. Smile
Sounds like a fun presentation Smile
Pambalini
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Pambalini
Daniel,
You're following a long line of young performers who are truly vibrating like high tension wires. Your promo is superb. Everything seems to work in holding my attention. I don't need to tell you to "break-a-leg", it appears both of them are already broken. My very best to you.
Pam
just_larry
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of just_larry
Very good promo Daniel!
Daniel Kane
View Profile
New user
Sweden
36 Posts

Profile of Daniel Kane
Thank you very much Pam: Very kind words, nice to hear. The best to you too.
Daniel Kane
View Profile
New user
Sweden
36 Posts

Profile of Daniel Kane
Thank you also Larry, glad you liked it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Daniel Kane´s new promotion video 2011! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL