The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Docc Hilford (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Who likes him/who doesn't?

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
186 Posts

Profile of preston91
Chris;
Docc gave a lecture at our club last month. Although I don't do a lot of stage effects, his lecture was great. He started the lecture by doing the most bizarre torn and restored newspaper that I ever saw. Really discussed the presentation aspects of magic and really got me thinking about that aspect. His Casandra deck is really cool. He did twenty minutes with a little girl and one 260 balloon that was very funny (again presentation).If you ever get a chance to see him, do it!

Paul
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
I have his notes on a tradeshow routine. It's quite interesting and the whole thing requires, if I remember correctly, the ability to force a card---once in the 15 minute routine!

As you said---presentation
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I've never met him, but I've seen pictures of him and I think he's really cool looking. I've read a few of his booklets and I've never put anything to use. But they are fun to read though. I would love to see him lecture and or perform!

Anabelle Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Anabelle is in the house!!! Hey, girl!! What new in your area of the country? performing any gigs or restaurants?

Chris

Smile
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
Docc's stuff is not for everyone! I have his perfect club act, this is not an act just anyone can do, because, it requires a set of brass ones, to perform it. I did get some useful ideas from it, but the act as is, did nothing for me. His Weeeird on atage 1 and 2, was long winded and boring by my standards, but others love it. His twenty minutes with a balloon and Imagination show, most consider junk, I would not go that far, after watching the imagination show giving it show thought, I created one that works for me and I make a few coins off it, here and there. His Twenty mintues with a balloon, was a waste if you bought it for an act, as I know some really good balloon twisters and his act blow chucks! However, it does give you food for thought about how to present something, which presentation is everything, so I did get something useful out it-55.00 worth of useful--not really.

Many of Docc books, sit on myslef, wonderful ideas, some I am not ready to put to use, some I love. As with most performers/writers, it is his style not mine or yours, so it maynot suit everyone, but overall I like his stuff.

Rest
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I find his presentation and thoughts on the details very provoking. I have not had the chance to see him perform, though I have to say that about a great many folks I would love to see, But I do find his routines, and methods astonishingly basic, yet able to convey the complex. I find myself looking at things in even more unusual ways as a result of his writings and routines. Docc is probably responsible for my latest forays into the craft store and thinking...Hmmm mwhat could I "DO" with that ?!!!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Scott Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
141 Posts

Profile of Scott Grimm
He is one of the most original performers I ever met. His routines are flawless (when he does them) and he is a master of presentation. I saw a lecture of his once and it was very long but held your attention every moment. I will admit that his stuff is not for everyone! It is risky and requires TONS of practice. But to see the man himself in action is a real treat that can not be adiquately described. In a word; CONFIDENT!
Faith is at the heart of all magic.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I like Docc Hilfords videos, my favorite is real mind reading. The actual illusions are not earth shattering, most of them based on simple effects. Presentation is the concept here. I haven't seen any of his newer stuff. BUT.... He is lecturing in Miami in November at the Magic at the Beach(Or something like that)convention. I will be there if I can. You can hear Docc in the archives at themagicradioshow.com and I reccomend it. Also there is stuff about the convention. Two thumbs up!
Dave Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
We could all take a lesson off Docc in simplicity at times.

I know I often run away with what I want to perform and not what people want to see and also method wise too. I know it's nice to have an intricate method but it makes sense to have a simple one!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Docc Hilford (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL