The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vernet Confetti Shooter (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
OK- I just got this today. I don't know what to say about it. I think I like it, but I am not sure. I think this should have been priced for maybe $15 dollar range. Obviously for even $25.00, one can assume it is not anything high tech. If you plan on using it in a show setting, you will only be able to do it once. In order to do it again, you would have to reset which wouldn't take but seconds, though you wouldn't be able to do it in front of anybody. I do question the durability, but only time will tell that answer. I think this would be a great idea if your doing kids/family shows- I do wish you could do it multiple times throughout the show, though this could only be possible with multiple units ready to go. I will say this- there is no special clothing that needs to be worn when doing this.

Hope this helps??

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
That's really help. thx for that.
eddierush
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of eddierush
From a "brother of a darker color" I have one question ... is the item (out of the box) "color sensitive"? If you are not sure what I mean by that then it may not have been a concern for you. Just think Sanada Gimmick. I have an idea about its method and I have no intention of revealing it here but I must ask this question just in case. Thx
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
http://magiceddie.wordpress.com
http://friendsofthemagi.org
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I do believe some touch up paint might be in order sir.
Official Thread Killer
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
What is the "noise" factor? Thanks. Nat

Quote:
On 2011-11-23 13:00, RNK wrote:
OK- I just got this today. I don't know what to say about it. I think I like it, but I am not sure. I think this should have been priced for maybe $15 dollar range. Obviously for even $25.00, one can assume it is not anything high tech. If you plan on using it in a show setting, you will only be able to do it once. In order to do it again, you would have to reset which wouldn't take but seconds, though you wouldn't be able to do it in front of anybody. I do question the durability, but only time will tell that answer. I think this would be a great idea if your doing kids/family shows- I do wish you could do it multiple times throughout the show, though this could only be possible with multiple units ready to go. I will say this- there is no special clothing that needs to be worn when doing this.

Hope this helps??

RNK
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Appears to work with that really fine metallic confetti which is the hardest to clean and probably not to good for pets.
Rolf Reiner
View Profile
Loyal user
Mallorca - Spain
229 Posts

Profile of Rolf Reiner
In 1998, I presented a lecture in Argentina called Glitter Magic.

The basic concept was to use a TT to shoot a load of metallic confetti from the seemingly empty hand. This was achieved by using a normal TT and a specific hand gesture. A great amount of effects can be accomplished with this basic premise, and at the time I used this concept a lot in my shows.
The creator of the Vernet Shooter might have been inspired by my lecture in creating this new delivery system. My lecture was presented at the Latin American Magic Federation Convention, and Pablo Lambertini was awarded a trophy in the competition and was present at my lecture.

I have attached a photo of the first page of my 1998 lecture notes, showing my original proposal.

This was a long time ago, and I remember that my friends from Vernet were there as well, and gave me a bag full of TTs as a gift after the lecture.
It is interesting to see the idea come up again. I have observed the video, and realized what a clever idea this gimmick is. Very good thinking.
I might publish my lecture again, there are many nice uses for this gimmick, both the old and new formats. My notes cover coin moves, sunglasses vanish, credit card to wallet, deck vanish, many topit moves and more.

RR

Click here to view attached image.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
[quote]On 2011-11-29 22:37, Nat wrote:
What is the "noise" factor? Thanks. Nat

[quote]There is a little noise factor. I'm still trying to get mine to shoot right.
RNK
TonyPorter
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of TonyPorter
Quote:
On 2011-12-20 15:15, RNK wrote:
...I'm still trying to get mine to shoot right.
RNK

I'm having the same problem. I've tried various confetti and still it does not seem to perform anything like the video demo.

Has anyone bought this and got it working? I'd love to hear some tips, even via pm.

Many thanks
Porter
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Same problem. Falls straight down, or not at all. Bad buy.
James

Quote:
On 2011-12-28 05:30, TonyPorter wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-20 15:15, RNK wrote:
...I'm still trying to get mine to shoot right.
RNK

I'm having the same problem. I've tried various confetti and still it does not seem to perform anything like the video demo.

Has anyone bought this and got it working? I'd love to hear some tips, even via pm.

Many thanks
Porter
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Agree with the previous posts - I can't get this to shoot right. Save your money, this just does not work.

RNK
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Glad I resolved a few weeks ago not to purchase any more magic products for awhile until reviews come in. This one looked great, but so have several others recently that reportedly fell short during actual use.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Quote:
On 2011-12-30 01:33, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Glad I resolved a few weeks ago not to purchase any more magic products for awhile until reviews come in. This one looked great, but so have several others recently that reportedly fell short during actual use.

So true. I allmost got this when I seen the video. Glad I waited for reviews. Leaving this one alone.
TheMagicSession
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of TheMagicSession
We took a look at Confetti Shooter last night on the Magic Marketplace. We really like to try and look at a variety of material and this one is definitely in a league of its own. http://youtu.be/ei_BS0ZqI9U

What really jumped out at us was that they are using the classic color changing records to try to make this one look good. Oh boy!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Is Confetti Shooter a euphemism?
I've asked to be banned
karlito
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of karlito
Like the WPR guys said there seem to be better ways of producing confetti..such as a TT
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Wow that Magic session guy, what is wrong with him? He is not that young. Worst review EVER! He did not tell me anything other than he hates color changing records and no DVD magic. Gee how spoiled is he? Everything has to come with a DVD? He SERIOUSLY missed the point of the demos. He was showing how the device would work while props were being used. What is his beef with Color changing records? I do not care if 45s are dated, they were not popular in the 80s but still being used and people do color changing CDS. His foucsing and eye rolling and equating the quality of the method with color changing records does not make sense nor is it helpful.

Be warned that not everyone is right for every trick they review. It would seem he did not like the gimmick or the price and if the price was lower he might have OK'd it. If that is not the case he did not provide enough reason to hate it so much.

OK then what are these BETTER ways to produce confetti. Ways is plural. A TT is only one way and from what I can see, if the video is is honest this is not quite a TT
The guy who posted his manual. Seesm like you would have anohther movement this does not.

Anyway, Magic session guy needs go into more explaination on what was so bad about the gimmick , beyond the price, if it is really so bad and not lower rate it because no DVD or the guy gave one example he surely hasted like color changing records. There were several other examples show from bare handed productions and ball vanishes.

Now if he commented on the over exposed black and white video which would wash out a gimmick that might not work as well in real life, that would be different than his snarky comments.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2012, karlito wrote:
Like the WPR guys said there seem to be better ways of producing confetti..such as a TT

In this case I think using a modified S _ n _ da gimmick (modified a la Jay Scott Berry , where it is doubled and can be pre-loaded with a silk or a sponge ball). The modified S _ n _ da could have a loose packet of confetti pre-loaded. At the right moment you open and toss to get a "cloud" of confetti to appear. To repeat it later in the act you could have another one pre-loaded and steal it as demonstrated by Jay Scott Berry in his lectures.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vernet Confetti Shooter (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL