The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Industrial Revalation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Almost Amazing Larry
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Almost Amazing Larry
First of all this is my first post so I would like to thank you all in advance..I have learned a tremendous amount from everyone here. I just ordered Industrial Revelation and can't wait for it's arrival.My question is what other tricks similar to IR are out there that can be used pretty much right out of the box? Don't get me wrong I'm putting in the hard work (Sick by Ponta The Smith) but sometimes would like some instant gratification as well. Again I am really happy to be a part of this forum, what a wealth of info.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Get Crossroads by Ben Harris (physical book) or Numbers by Rus Andrews (Ebook). Both of these you can start performing right away and have an incredible impact. That being said, you MUST script out your performance and work on your presentation. Its the difference between a trick and a miracle.
Almost Amazing Larry
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Wow! crossroads by Ben Harris sounds a little too good to be true. Its going on the list, thanks for the suggestion.I agree its in the presentation.
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
>crossroads by Ben Harris sounds a little too good to be true.

You are right. Don't burn your fingers.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6914 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ha larry
have you looked at get sharky card trick.
this will blow your audeinces minds.
and its very easy to perform.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-10-12 11:42, Almost Amazing Larry wrote:
Wow! crossroads by Ben Harris sounds a little too good to be true. Its going on the list, thanks for the suggestion.I agree its in the presentation.

It plays as it reads. I have used Crossroads for a couple years and it amazes people. I showed a woman it impromptu and got hired for a gig based just on Crossroads
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6914 Posts

Profile of bowers
I also like ultimate monte and stand up monte.
todd
Almost Amazing Larry
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Thanks to bowers for the Get Sharky suggestion. I love it! I will be ordering one soon.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6914 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ha larry your welcome.
I pm you on this.
todd
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
613 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Lennart Green And Dani Daortiz Has some great almost self working card effects that are real easy to do. Dani Daortiz dvds set is called Utopia. Lennart Green has a 4 dvd set and a 7 dvd set. Hope this helps!
calspade
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of calspade
I would suggest WOW by Masuda for instant gratification.
donny
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado
263 Posts

Profile of donny
Larry,

Any suggestions on how you transition to your next effect, after IR? Doesn't IR have to be a Closer?
It's not their senses that mislead, it's their assumptions.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Er, not quite sure how you will get on with the last suggestion but you could try working on the Invisible deck. It can be used straight out of the box but you will need to work at the handling in order to make it look smooth.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
IR doesn't have to be a closer, I'm using it as an opener. When they're sitting there staring at the big hunk of metal in their hands you have some great misdirection to just ditch the box in your pocket and pull out another box with slits in it and a regular deck. I just place it on the table and when they look back at me I look down at the box and say "Hey, what do you know, a real deck appeared in the box!"

The problem with IR is that it either gets stunned silence or that people are expecting the trick to continue. Some times they ask "and what do you do with it?" after the block gets pulled out. It's almost too strong! Smile Definately one of my best buys 2011.
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Industrial Revalation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL