The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » What stack? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
For lay audiences I think it's just as effective to get out your deck and do a good false shuffle and maybe a false cut or two.

Perhaps better than shuffling the deck yourself is to let a spectator shuffle and then switch decks to bring in your stack.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Those are certainly excellent points, Mr. Loomis, and I would also add that the "False False Shuffle" is very potent. But those tactics are not quite the same as quickly shuffling into a pre-arranged whole deck stack order in 30 seconds of apparently casual manipulations. Although an invisible deck switch after the spectator or spectators have shuffled and cut the deck to his/their heart's content would probably be even better - even for an audience of magicians. (I read about a master executing such a dodge somewhere - perhaps in a discussion of how he directed this specialized audience's attention elsewhere.)
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Yes, the False-False shuffle is very strong but not usable in strolling situations. Or, to be more precise, only usable once.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » What stack? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL