The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review 72 : Ink, Electric Dove, Magic Square, Woody Aragon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Another couple of votes for the BOOK - Love it!

Maybe, we've all become a little jaded with one trick DVD's? I have to admit getting pretty frustrated with those that I've purchased that simply provide you with the materials to make up the gaff yourself - instead of bothering in the first instance to furnish you with the end product.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2011-10-06 05:15, Caliban wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-06 02:03, dscanning wrote:
I would guess that 12 out of 13 times, the performer will either need to displace a card or cards or if not that, they would need to miscall or change one of the numbers.

I have the book. It's certainly not the case that only one value would look as clean as shown and if they choose a different value you have to do other stuff after they choose the value, which is what I assume you are thinking when you say 12 out of 13.

Yes Craig did get lucky (or one of the people calling out numbers helped him get lucky for the filming) and the effect will not look that hands off most of the time.

Or it could have been re shoot until Craig got the correct result

Remember it’s not live

(Only a few weeks ago Craig was saying how easy it is to palm a card – but made sure the camera man kept on Dave for 30 Seconds!)

Anyway still looks like a Good Book
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
I really thought Blammo was gonna go for that dove
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
autfan
View Profile
New user
Lafayette, TN
44 Posts

Profile of autfan
Fuze looks great and I want that book. Another great show. I love the look on Dave's face after Craig totally smoked him with that trick.
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
The book has been getting lots of praise, but I'm not sure I want to read a book with most of the effects requiring extensive setups...
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2011-10-06 08:23, StuartNolan wrote:
I really thought Blammo was gonna go for that dove

Agreed. Blammo actually looked interested (or horribly frightened) for a change.
StuartNolan, your avatar rocks!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-10-06 06:15, Merc Man wrote:

Maybe, we've all become a little jaded with one trick DVD's? I have to admit getting pretty frustrated with those that I've purchased that simply provide you with the materials to make up the gaff yourself - instead of bothering in the first instance to furnish you with the end product.

All too true (regarding the one trick DVD's), and I've admittedly fallen among them these past years.
However, as in regards to one having to construct a gimmick rather than having it included with a DVD I, personally, feel its rather a good thing in someways. There is such a plethora of these one trick DVD's that come out with the appropriate gimmick, and then fall to the wayside only to find that the gimmick is no longer available. Granted, I for the most part want the gimmick included with the DVD, but it's a great option to know that one can construct another if needed instead of it no longer being available separately, or heaven forbid, having to purchase the entire mess/expense (DVD) all over again just to obtain the freaking gimmick!

After all is said and done; wouldn't it be more advantageous to have to make the gimmick rather than to pay for another one (IF you can) that will only at times last for a short period of use?

Also, you keep mentioning books, which of course are great, but you certainly don't get any gimmicks with a book, and you of course have to make them yourself if one is needed. Just some food for thought. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I'm glad that along with the book review, they decided to demonstrate a highlight effect from it.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
I think Blammo has a collar topit and a dew claw tip.
MeHitDrum
View Profile
New user
Having too much fun to have more than
83 Posts

Profile of MeHitDrum
Chessmann-

I about rolled out of my chair when I first noticed your "Signature Quote". Nice! And if I ever sink to the depths of owning another cat, surly it shall be called "Vomit: The Evil Ball of Fur".
Thanks mate!

BTW- I believe you may have posted your comedy rope routine on youtube. Nice one!

-Dave
DavidLeeMagic.com
"...but we're magicians, and enjoy lying" -James Brown
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review 72 : Ink, Electric Dove, Magic Square, Woody Aragon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL