The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Recommended vests... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I thought I'd start a new post here to get more input. I recently bought two vests from Wild West Mercantile and I'm very happy with them. The quality is excellent and they are not overly "western" looking.

The two vests I bought (Black Rock and Dragon) have two outside pockets and a nice lapel collar. I'm thinking about having a local tailor add two internal pockets, but I'm finding I can live without them.

I've bought four or five vests from tuxedo rental places and haven't been happy with them. Does anyone have a recommendation on a vest that does not look like a magicians vest, but is not completely formal? Thanks.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
The Wah Makers clothier makes silk vests. They are mostly designed for the Single Action Shooter's Society but I have found many of them to be not so formal, and not too western.

Of course look at my picture and I am a bit biased.

They are produced by Scully clothing.

And then again, you already knew about them.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
mystic mickey
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mystic mickey
I finally bit the bullet and went to a local tailor, gave her my specs...pockets, holdouts, topits, whatever and told her to make me a bullet-proofed vest out of the toughest linen she could get (we felt black canvas was too much). She lined the vest with same lining, pockets same. It cost me $100, including lining...best deal I ever made. Try your local tailor.

MM(mysticmickey).com
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
I have one from Bob James magic shop. I like it for the most part. Lots of pockets although it could use a couple of deeper ones. I have made a few modifications to make it work though.

Smile
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Best bet is to buy it and have your tailor modify or add to it
TJ Newton
View Profile
New user
Oregon Coast
60 Posts

Profile of TJ Newton
You put a topit in a vest? Never thought of that one.

I've been trying to figure out what I want to wear for restaurant magic. From past experience wearing a jacket has been too warm for me to keep on for an evening of walkaround magic so I'm looking at a vest idea. Are there any vest patterns out there that can be acquired somewhere? I've got a pattern for a topit in a jacket. That's about it so far.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Recommended vests... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL