The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » The Swifty Bag - THE BEST Balloon Bag on the planet! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

Profile of preston eakins
I use the bag it came in. that way if I have a bad batch I still have the numbers that qualatex will ask for when I make a complaint.
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
I too use the Q bags they come in. Whatever you use, you want it to tighten as you use the balloons. If it is too rigid the balloons will just fall to the bottom of whatever you are carrying them in. I like the bag with one or two balloons wrapped tightly around it.
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Never thought of using the bag... Not a bad idea!
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
NICE bag! I have one from Flower Clown that's about that size, but no flaps or exterior pockets on the large sides. It was only $50 or less if I remember correctly.

Steve
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
On the advice of a few on here, I contacted Flower Clown about buying one of his bags. He told me that it would likely be close to a year before he could produce them as they were done across the pond. Then Jestnjoker turned me on to The Swifty Bag. It was far more expensive, but I think the bag will hold up a lot longer than Flower's will..and Allen offers a lifetime guarantee on the bag. Odd as both are from Cleveland, Oh. I think. Smile

Not to change gears on my own thread but let me ask a question...

Preston Eakins said:

Quote:
I use the bag it came in. that way if I have a bad batch I still have the numbers that qualatex will ask for when I make a complaint

What do you consider a bad batch? I have heard over the years of people getting a "bad batch" of balloons and I must say that I've never had it happen to me. Once in a blue moon, there might be a couple of balloons fused together, or one may have a hole in it. I think once I had a bag that was off by about 15 balloons but that was years ago. Just wondering...?

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

Profile of preston eakins
Andy macdonald was the one that gave me the suggestion on using the bags it came with and the reason being that way you always have the bag in case of a bad batch.
he also said if you think you have a bad batch call. if you do have one by the time you got that bag that batch will most likly have been turned in by one of the sponsored balloon artist as they get the freshest of fresh balloons

but to answer your question my opinion of a bad batch is when you start having breakage more then normal ie they break while inflating or just break over and over and you just know deep in your heart your better then to break that many.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I too own the very same "Swifty Bag" (Mine is all black) I keep coloring pages on the top zip pocket this bag is huge and peopel love to see it.

I had a triple busking twist em up bag and this swifty bag is 10 times better!

I just wrap my balloons inside the bag they come with. I have no problem this bag will last a lifetime!
Ben Field
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Ben Field
I'm getting my mum to make me a similar bag for all my balloons, with pockets on top as well as the sides, and straps to hold my macpump as well, the thought had crossed my mind about putting small wheels on one end because of the weight of it when full. The inside of the bag is going to be lined with heavy duty velcro so that the dividers can be adjusted.

I currently have a tool bag for all my non 260's and a cool box bag for my 260's, and my rounds and hearts and others in a cardboard box, so it will be nice to have all my balloons in one bag!!
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Christopher,

Thanks for sharing your experience as this bag looked very interesting... but I never could get any replies from Swifty despite multiple emails over some time. One of my selection concerns is, if I ran into any problems or had questions, were they be accessbile? After recruiting some personal testimonials from fellow twisters, I finally ordered a new bag from TristinShout that appears to be similar in size with 20 pockets: http://www.tristnshout.com/bags/ They returned my emails immedaitely and were very accessible via phone. I'll gladly post my comments when the new bag arrives.

Dan.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Yeah...truth be told Alan's customer service is pretty much non existent. When you do get him on the phone, he's a great guy and apologizes for not getting back to you sooner. He's says he's really busy running his balloon/clowning business, etc. Well...I'm also very busy with my Magic/Balloon biz but I always return phone calls...whatever, anyway...

The quality of the bag is top notch and was well worth the hub bub of trying to get him on the phone or respond to emails...

Good luck with your TristnShout bag...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
That swifty site is lacking a bit. Can someone tell me the size of the bag shown here?
MrG
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of MrG
Last Saturday night with a cigar and an ale I sat on the back porch to watch Christopher Lyle's videos on his bag and rig set-up. Possibly I'm late to the game on this, but if you have not watched these videos - do yourself a favor. Especially if you are new to line work or restaurant work. My set-up and rig is nothing like Christopher's, but there are so many tips and tricks in those videos that I immediately started incorporating them into my set-up.

Thanks for those videos Mr. Lyle. Great stuff.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

I am in the process of building a NEW RIG! It will allow for a much faster set up time (no zip ties), is sturdier and allows me to carry twice as many balloons as my old rig did! The final coat of paint is curing as I write this and I'll be ready to put on the Clear Coat Poly by Wednesday/Thursday.

I'll make an "updated video" once it's all done! Smile
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Sick & Twisted
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Sick & Twisted
I heard nothing but good things about the Swifty, but after unreturned emails from that site I simply broke down and got a triple busking bag. I wish David Brenion's buddy would make those Bagchunas available for order: They look absolutely awesome. @Christopher- Is your new rig similar to that design or did you try something different? Also, x2 as many balloons? So is that ~20,000? If that's the case, let me just say dear lord that's a lot of latex.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Yeah, I also try contacting Rob about the possibility of baking one for me. I took his unresponsiveness to be a no. Guess you got to be part of the in crowd to get one of those… LOL! That's when I decided to go ahead and build my own rig. It's very similar to what I was using but it's a lot easier to transport to and from and set up once I'm there.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Update! I did hear back from Rob… He's in the process of creating a website to advertise and sell his balloon rig. It's extremely expensive for him to make because obviously it's a custom job, however if it works for you and if it works for your needs then it's priceless! I think it's a great set up and will be interested to see the website upon its completion.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

I am putting the finishing touches on my new Bloomridge as we speak. Hope to have pics and/or video or both posted in the next day or two. Stay tuned…
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

I hate auto correct!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Quote:
On 2013-09-04 19:58, Christopher Lyle wrote:
....my new Bloomridge...

Can you post a picture of your old Bloomridge just for comparison. Smile
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Sick & Twisted
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Sick & Twisted
Quote:
On 2013-09-04 19:57, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Update! I did hear back from Rob… He's in the process of creating a website to advertise and sell his balloon rig. It's extremely expensive for him to make because obviously it's a custom job, however if it works for you and if it works for your needs then it's priceless! I think it's a great set up and will be interested to see the website upon its completion.

Awesome! Can you post the link on these forums when it finally gets up and going? I'm definitely interested as well.

...And to stay on topic, are your finishing touches complete??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » The Swifty Bag - THE BEST Balloon Bag on the planet! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL