The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How to Vanishing a ring? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Hello everyone,

I'm now constructing my "ring in gumball machine" routine, but I'm curious about everyone's method to vanishing the ring.
I use devil's handkerchief currently but am willing to hear more.
What do you use?
What is the most natural way to vanish in your opinion?

Anyone uses Ken Scott's Ring box?
Is it good?

Thank you very much.
YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
My "Ring to Nested Boxes" effect in The Wizards' Journal #11 makes use of a different type of handkerchief vanish that I call an "Angel's Hank" to distinguish it from a "Devil's Hank." However, you have to make it yourself from my directions in the e-Book, because it's not on the market.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I use several, depending upon the venue, audience and performance conditions. I like the whole magician in trouble scenario, ring will reappear in there...oops, not there, but there's a quarter in there. A Viking "Ring Vanishing Hank" is nice, and not expensive at all.

Steve
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
David Ginn is also selling a "Ring Vanishing Hank" for $6 (plus shipping) right now.

http://www.ginnmagic.com/october2011.html

I vanish the ring using a bandana, but it's not exactly prepared the same as a devil's hank. I think I got the idea from a Sammy Smith video.

- Donald

P.S. If you are fairly new to magic, you might not realize another option is a Ring Grinder. Wolf's Magic are sold out of their Ring Grinders, but you could try looking for one in the Buy and Sell area.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Viking also made an attractive polished wooden Ring Grinder with a rattle box feature. I don't know if it's still available, but it was a lot less expensive than the more showy/tricky looking versions on the market at the time.

Atlantis Magic (Craig Brooks) also currently makes a very deceptive Rattle Box especially for rings that is much smaller, less gimmicky looking than the familiar long rectangular boxes AND the ring's owner can freely handle this one!

Julie
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Thank you everyone!
I DO love this place, you all are always so very helpful, I appreciate your suggestions!
I'll go check the rattle box from Atlantis Magic but I am not sure if it is still available.
Thanks again!

YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Wolf's Ring Grinder has already been mentioned. The nice thing with this prop, is that it lo**s the ring into a certain neccessary something. the prop is also Wacky and Colourful, which makes it ideal for kidshows or family shows. I guess for adult shows, you may prefer a more "ordinary" looking prop, or even the traditional handkerchief vanish. But by the same token, you may prefer to reveal the ring in a nest of boxes or similar, rather than use a gumball machine, which is, after all, a rather child-friendly prop.
This is one of my favourite routines, and always plays exceptionally well for me.
Potty Smile
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Chance Wolf's Ultimate Ring Grinder is the final answer!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Very Topical / Topitcal.

or...
change it to something else...like the coin used to get the gumball.

and off course use the magical word....Liability insurance.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
There are many ways to vanish a ring but all methods inherently come with a risk factor still leaving you with the burden of capsuling and snapping the lid shut. As a professional, I prefer to leave nothing to chance (no pun intended) and eliminate all risk factors in my performances. Chance Wolf's Ultimate Ring Grinder is the most practical, dependable, and perhaps the only method I can fathom to achieve this.
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
John Archer has a very nice version of vanishing under a hank spectator holds that allows empty hands to be shown. I think the advantage of under the hank is as long as it s convincing like Johns version the dirty work is completed before the ring has in their minds vanished
phil

P.S
I think the ring grinder idea actualy belongs to Roy Roth of RAR magic and I believe on his death Practical Magic took over the rights to produce ..... though I do stand to be corrected if this is not the case
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
OH! I think Johns Idea is on the EDUCATING ARCHER DVDS
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
A ring grinder is awesome,
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
To vanish the ring I would be natural as natural as possible. Just do a pass.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 12:34, Dynamike wrote:
To vanish the ring I would be natural as natural as possible. Just do a pass.
That's what I would have suggested, Dynamike. Simple, to the point, and very magical. Smile
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
In my opinion the Wolf Ring Grinder used correctly is the most entertaining to use in any children's or adult show
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » How to Vanishing a ring? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL