The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Formula 1 theme (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
I've taken on a party that has a formula one theme. I want to try and theme a couple of games and routines. so far all i@ve managed to come up with is playing corners with the corners named after teams (ferrari, mclaren, etc) and doing john breed's magic painting routine with a racing car (that's if I can find suitable artwork.

Any ideas?

Does anyone if it's possible to get any checkered flag silks?

Thanks,

Mark
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Mark, I've seen a blendo using black and white silks on the Practical Magic website (Mine were printed by Wonder Imagery as part of their Hare and Tortoise set)

Other ideas - Charlie's Invisible Message - using laminated pictures of Formula One cars

Puppet routine about driving - get the kids to do actions + sounds with you each time you/puppet say a word - eg drive (turn wheel of car), left, right, overtake, slam on brakes

Road safety / starting - stratosphere

Cat and mouse - having Vettel chasing Webber

Corners game - use racing corners eg Gambon Corner

Teams - winding-up racing cars on string

champagne squirting everywhere
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
How about a chop cup using the trophy? Airborne with the champagne bottle,linking steering wheels?
How about making a mini illusion and have a toy car appear using a production box or blackart (see Andrew Mayne vid?)
Have a remote control car and make a mini cargo net disappearance.I intend to make one some day.
How about a costume bag and make your favourite team t shirt appear after taking out from it a small trophy,a gear stick(made from an appearing wand with a knob attached)and other F1 related paraphernalia. I think I saw Dan Harlan vid somewhere where he takes a golf ball out of an empty bag and a golf club and then transform it into a golfing tee shirt.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Maps, Dan Harlan does have an effect with a golfing theme. It's in the "Packs Small Play Big" dvds. You could perform this effect and have substitute a racing related shirt versus the golf themed one.

"HOT ROD" is not a racing specific effect, but the colours on it can be themed to a racing idea. Red, Yellow, Green, etc...
In addition, how can you forget that it's called a "Hot Rod" as well? What could be more relevant eh?
Here's to your success Mr. Mark!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
953 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
With a little extra thought you could transform all of the golf-related props from my routine into F1 stuff. The bag becomes a racing shirt, the club becomes a staff with the checkered flag on it, even the golf ball can be replaced with a miniature trophy... or something. Have a go at it and you might just come up with something really cool!
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Formula 1 theme (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL