The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Zombie Skull (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Has anyone of you ever performed the Floating Zombie Skull? I have the Kovari version and I have done several shows with it using the Casper Music. It can turn backwards. I pasted Casper eyes at the back of the skull and it does look like Casper peeking in and out.

I am just thinking what other presentations or routines I can do with it. I only perform this during the Halloween season.

I have just ordered (haven't got it yet) a Floating Skull that is encased in a clear case, then it can float ala Zombie and open and close its mouth. I think this will be funny as I can do vent as the same time. My 4 year old son loves collecting skeletons and skulls.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I do a floating Zombie Skull routine in my Scary show for audiences 10 and over. I do it to scary sounding music. I made a crypt that it floats out of. The skull and crypt are painted with luminous paint so that they glow under a black light. Before the end of my routine the black light is turned off and it still glows due to the luminous paint. I think I have a 700 watt black light bulb. Very eery!

I do a regular Zombie routine at other times.
Bill Knight
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
318 Posts

Profile of Bill Knight
Tommy James has a very funny and well received zombie skull routine on his "Halloween safety magic show" dvd. I'm not going to tell to much about it in the hopes that Tommy will post on this subject himself. The rest of this dvd is great too, there are ideas here that you can adapt to use all year round. I make no bones about this, I am a fan of Tommy James, maybe because we work in a very similar way & seem to have a similar sense of humour but the guy is just so inventive in his ideas.

Sorry, back on track, if you have the halloween safety magic show, check out the zombie skull routine. If you don't have the dvd but want to add a very funny zombie skull routine (and many other effects) get the dvd.

I have no connection to Tommy James, this is just a very strong personnal reccomendation

Have fun
Bill
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
www.magicbill.co.uk
Bill Knight
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
318 Posts

Profile of Bill Knight
Tommy James has a very funny and well received zombie skull routine on his "Halloween safety magic show" dvd. I'm not going to tell to much about it in the hopes that Tommy will post on this subject himself. The rest of this dvd is great too, there are ideas here that you can adapt to use all year round. I make no bones about this, I am a fan of Tommy James, maybe because we work in a very similar way & seem to have a similar sense of humour but the guy is just so inventive in his ideas.

Sorry, back on track, if you have the halloween safety magic show, check out the zombie skull routine. If you don't have the dvd but want to add a very funny zombie skull routine (and many other effects) get the dvd.

I have no connection to Tommy James, this is just a very strong personnal reccomendation

Have fun
Bill
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
www.magicbill.co.uk
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Qua-Fiki came up with a floating pumpkin for use with his Mismade Jack silk effect (Wizards' Journal #21), but I encouraged him not to publish it in the same e-Book with the silk effect because it really is something new and can be performed independently of the Mismade Jack O'Lantern routine. For example, it could be a floating skull, or Frosty the Snowman, or a big Christmas ornament, and probably a lot of other things. So it will be published separately in the NEXT Wizards' Journal (#22) for those interested. He started out with a Zombie gimmick, modified according to Tommy Wonder's ideas, but wanted to make the pumpkin appear on his little folding table first as a plain pumpkin, and then as a Jack O'Lantern with a carved face and a bright light inside, so I suggested the third you-know-what method. That was too complicated, so he played around with ideas on his own and worked out a self-contained methoid where the pumpkin appears, turns into Jack, lights up and floats behind his Mismade Silks (you can see the glowing face through the silks and it looks approproately spooky). Suddenly the light turns off and the silk is whipped away- the pumpkin has vanished. He folds up his table and exits. He performed it for me a couple of times this past weekend and that's when I told him to hold off publishing it until after he has used it exclusively in his Halloween shows, but next month he has a couple of days off from high school and we will set it all down in writing and photographs at that time.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I was going to also suggest Tommy James' amazing zombie skull routine. It's zombie plus.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Zombie Skull (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL