The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Ideas for product launching? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
Hi, I need some suggestions what is the illusion that suitable for product launching.
The product is a small tablet like IPad but smaller.

Really appreciate if you could give me some directions....

I'm thinking about Appearance of the assistant but due the size of the product, I think there must be enough room for assistant and the product.

Or maybe some prop that make the product appear magically....???
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I would likely use an envelope. Pull out a small square of paper, unfold it so everyone sees its an envelope, reach in and pull out the tablet.
Sent from my Typewriter
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Catapults work well for any launching.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
I have over 30 years experience doing this. Couple of quick questions...

What is the launch format and size: aimed at internal (sales, marteting force, etc) or external (media, dealers, etc) or both? - size of audience? venue performance area - theatrical stage, banquet room, etc ? - do you have av support? Is this a true new product or a re-launch (and in thir regard is this something the audience already knows about and this is the kick off or is it a complete surprise for them?

Finally - what is the desired result for your launch effect - make them go WOW over how the effect is done, make it visually powerful, or reinforce key product points (or combination of all)?

Answering these questions can help steer you in the direction of what can be done and why. Give me some more info and I will make some suggestions if I can.

MM
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Rick is a real pro and knows the business inside and out. The reason it elicits some humor in the earlier posts is doing corporate product launches is a very high-end specialty. It's like taking a first aid course in high school then saying "A friend of mine is having open heart surgery and asked me to handle the operation, I need some help in knowing what to do."

When you are designing and creating special events for corporate shows you are going in as an expert in the field. As a consultant you are expected to have the background and knowledge of knowing not just one method but knowing every method and being able to select the best and most practical one for that particular situation. Keep in mind for many high-end corporate events, you are dealing not with one person but a team of designers and creative developers. They are typically all experts in their field and there is not one question you can ask about their specific area of expertise that they will not have an answer to off the top of their head.

The difference in the top people in any profession and everyone else all boils down to choices. Which is more effective? To produce the assistant holding the tablet or just the tablet itself? Is it framed in a box are under a flexible medium that goes away to highlight the look of the tablet better? How did the music and other production elements fit together to help build the interest until the climax of the production? All of these are choices that you will have to make and the answers to these choices are what separates people in the marketplace.

I worked as a consultant for many years for film and television and stage shows. My sole job was to have the perfect answer for any question they would have regarding any magic or magic related effect on set. I was always amazed when magicians would come in to Hollywood Magic where I worked for many years saying, "I just got a job as a consultant on a big TV show and they want to make somebody appear ...what should I do?" I would typically tell them to hire a consultant with the experience to know what they were doing.

If this is a serious client and a well-known product I would start making phone calls to any well-known creative magic consultant and get someone on your team that has experience and has done these things before.

I took on a lot of hard projects will younger but only things I knew ultimately that I had the experience and knowledge to pull off. If I didn't, I would recommend someone else to the client that had the experience they need in that specialized area. Eventually, I became the "go to" guy for a lot of production companies because even if I couldn't do what they needed I always had a source to be able to solve their problem and I became their first call when something came up.

Your ultimate goal is to make the client and the product look amazing. If you have the knowledge experience and ability to do that and do your best and make it great. If not make a support team to help you that CAN make it happen. Then the client looks good, you look good, and you get a reputation for success.

Good luck on the project and keep us informed how it goes!
Ray Pierce
Pambalini
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Pambalini
Known Magician,

Poe once said, "that the most obvious is the hardest to fathom." You have some great sources right in front of you. Rick and Ray both have outstanding credentials and who knows, you might be able to persuade one of them to come on board. I would definitely start your search with them.
Let us all know how it turns out for you.
Wishing you the best,
Pam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Ideas for product launching? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL