The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Return of the White Dwarf (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2011-11-09 20:56, nique wrote:
Hi Bob,

I've bought ROTWD someime back and am looking to check something with you about it, is there an email I can use?

Many thanks!

~ Nique.

PM'd you.

Best-

Bob
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-11-08 19:56, kevin carmean wrote:
Great purchase! I have lots of Bob's stuff and have the earlier versions of this but this new stuff is gold! The simplicity and disconnects are awesome! Thank you Mr. Cassidy!

Kevin

You're welcome, Kevin.

The disconnects are what it's all about!

Best-

Bob
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-11-02 10:20, Mind illusionist wrote:
I agree with much of what RNK said.

DS, this can be done by a begginner, but I recommend you read a few good books on mentalism and how it should be presented as mind reading, Rather then mental magic. Or if you prefer DvDs there is always Psi series by banachek, osterlinds DvDs and EI by Luke Jermay.

If you are only looking to buy this as a single effect to add to your magic routines or performances, then I don't suggest you buy this. Hope that helped!

regards,
MI

I agree with this completely. I really don't write materials aimed at "beginners" and assume that my readers have at least a basic foundation in the art. That's why I wrote "Fundamentals of Professional Mentalism" (which includes my 39 steps- the books that I feel will give the reader a very strong background in mentalism).

I'd like to get into a lot more details on this foundational material during my "guest appearance" here at the Café starting on the 15th.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-10-12 11:52, Tony Razzano wrote:
OK All, if I may recommend, this is something to jump on right away. Useable in any venue. Bob's revision has several different subtleties and a couple of logical disconnects that he explains very well. Also, as Bob pointed out above, this is a new method, different from the original. It is an improved method also. All of the bases are covered. Handling tips, some philosophy about why not to use a tear or a peek, what to do if burning is not allowed, and so on. This is a terrific handling!

By the way, I am the one who had the envelope question for Bob. I used to use the White Dwarf frequently, until Staples stopped selling the envelopes needed for the original method. I asked Bob where to get these and I found the problem of the envelopes solved with the handling in this new manuscript.

As a bonus, Bob includes his Name and Place routine with a different presentation that in the original and also different from the two cities presentation. The included presentation gets more info from the specs. Great thinking!

Whether or not you have the original, this is a manuscript that you will most likely find very valuable. The genius of Bob Cassidy shines through again!

You can get a copy for just under $29.97 from Jheff at the Marketplace of the Mind. This is a bargain!

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/retuwhit.html

Interesting, I just found this. I am breaking out Name/Place next month for a big show and saw there is an improvement. Do not see how since it was so good to begin with but now I am intrigued.

D;
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Buy it D, you won't be disappointed.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Danyel
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
293 Posts

Profile of Danyel
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 02:26, Mind illusionist wrote:
Thanks Darren, good to hear that this works brilliantly for close up as well as stage!

regards,
MI

ROTWD has three characteristics: i) a stunning lo***al dis*****ct which renders it a really unbelievable experience, ii) its excellent flexibility (it can be really done for any kind of group, from a full stage theatre to a restaurant table) and iii) its versatility: in the best tradition, it's the bone to which we must add the flesh -everybody must (not only *may*) build his own presentation, as authoritatively stated by Bob himself.

I add one example: yesterday I did it to a friend -a single person. He's not in the know, but he is part of my 'special' audience -gives me advice about his perception of my shows, hence being a competent audience member. He is very aware of what I can do.

Well, ROTWD worked a charm -and I did it right under his eyes. Sitting. Only turning around for a moment.

Don't miss it.
'People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition
end by starving the best part of the mind' -William Butler Yeats
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
So... I was having a little trouble finding the proper opaque coin envelope for this fantastic routine.
I even went so far as to make my own envelopes... no-- no stop-- okay fine, I'm pretty awesome.

However, today... who is in the Japanese Dollar store (my second favourite mentalism shop stop) and finds a beautiful selection of money envelopes!? Wrong it was me.
For those of you who may not be aware there is a great asian tradition of putting money gifts into a 'lucky' envelope... traditionally a red or brightly coloured-- coin envelope!

Anyway long story short--
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Dave-

I know you come over to the States quite often. Just stop by an OfficeMax (or go to their website). That's where I get all of my envelopes (and virtually everything else I use in my act.)

Good thoughts,

Bob
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Return of the White Dwarf is now an instant download. I took the plunge and added the feature. Further e-books from Bob will also be instant downloads. I'm also in the process of making all of Cassidy's teleseminar's Instant Downloads, too (previously, you were just directed to a private page that had the downloads on it). And, yes, this is leading up to some exciting news that I know those who create e-books for mentalists should be pleased with.

-- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Jheff-

I'm looking forward to hearing the news myself!

Great job and, as always, it is great working with you.

Bob
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Just ordered and received the instant download. Cant wait to get stuck it. Nice one Bob and Jeff Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Ordered myself one as well. See my blurb in PDF section.

Great work.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Thanks for the nice review, John. I'm glad that so many of you have found the "Dwarf" useful.

Best-

Bob
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Ordered this half an hour ago, got the download straight away and am now reading. Thanks Bob, 'nother slice of genius.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Agreed, well worth the price. I'll be putting this to work soon!
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
Billy-one
View Profile
Inner circle
IOWA
1028 Posts

Profile of Billy-one
Been using this as a dead/alive effect where I devine the name once all the other envelopes have been eliminated..its KILLER!

Respect,
Billy
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Just got this. I must say I love the simplicity of the method. I'm impressed by all the disconnects. It amounts to an extremely well thought out effect where every action is natural and justified. Given a touch of theatre this has the potential to be quite a stunning piece of test conditions mentalism. I like it, I like it a lot. I will be looking to see how I can fit this into my act and WILL use this. Thank you Bob, nice, very nice.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Thanks, guys, for the kind words.

Best-

Bob
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
I loved the original white dwarf - but could never work out how I would actually use it. I'm not excited by 'test conditions' effects, for their own sake.

previously, I had thought about using this to garner the secret thought of number for a magic square.

I've just not been able to think of how to use it.
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
I love Bob's work. Got most of his ebooks and books.
But - I also have Corinda's Khan Envelopes. It has two versions; and one is almost identical to the White Dwarf.
It is a great trick; but I'm not sure why Bob gets credit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Return of the White Dwarf (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL