The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Themides (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
Let's see if you can help me. I am looking for various tricks for pirate theme.
I know that you can use much of what we currently use for children and just do the story but some ideas do you have for sure.
For example, Card swords with picture cards for children, drawer box with candy coins.
Coloring book with a pirate theme.

So what are your ideas
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
Torn and restored treasure map.

Chair suspension/sleeping on a pirate ship.

Silk to apple/cannon practice.

Miser's Dream/hidden pirate treasure.

PB&J/Pirate's favourite lunch.

Cut & restored rope/need to be up on your ropes on a pirate ship.

Square circle/looking for your pirate flag.

Crazy sock washer/laundry on a pirate ship.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Mis-made pirate flag; Treasure Chest Production; appearing Flagpole; Talking skull; Light and Heavy Treasure chest (Gimpy makes a great Pirate one); most rope tricks; most coin tricks - substitute Treasure coins where possible.
It's amazing how many standard effects can be given a pirate twist too. Pirates like to play dice and cards, so you can use a lot of card effects for older kids, and the Die Box, and other dice tricks for younger kids.

There are also quite a number of ready-made pirate effects such as "Buccaneer Booty", which is an excellent mentalism routine for older kids....and you can get nice "Visible Painting" with pirate themes.

I have managed to create pirate themes out of many, many standard effects. It just takes a little imagination!
Potty Smile
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
What is the for tricks have not heard af them

Miser's Dream/hidden pirate treasure.

PB&J/Pirate's favourite lunch.

Crazy sock washer/laundry on a pirate ship.
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
Hi Trixy,

These are not tricks exactly, they're pirate themed routines that we have made up for our pirate themed shows. As you mentioned in you original post, we all can put together pirate themes to tricks or props that are familiar to us and these are just some of the examples we have come up with.

Miser's dream is just that with me as the magical pirate looking for my magical treasure and making coins appear from the volunteer and making a routine out of it.

PB&J is the standard props, but the routine is based on a magical pirate making his pirate lunch.

Sock washer is a prop (don't recall the actual name) where the magical pirate shows the crew (audience) how a pirate does their laundry on board the ship with a crew member's (volunteer) help.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7444 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Wow, Donald, thanks for those links! I have Pirate Boot E, and the Practical Magic Inserts, as well as Barry Mitchell's Pirate and the Treasure. I've also seen the Giggle Magic items, but decided against them. But I didn't know about Wonder Imagery's products. I have my own "mis-made pirate flag", which is similar to "Jolly Roger Jumble"....totally different flags, but the same theme. I use Barry Mitchell's "Flag-o-Matic" for it, and have built this one into a big ol' routine, with loads of slapstick and additional gags. The "Mis made pirate flag" is the ONLY way to present this "classic of magic" in the UK these days...our flag is so complex, no one ever really can see much difference if it's mis-made....and even if it is, so what?
Nevertheless, I think the "Jolly roger Jumble" could add even more to my routine. I think I may have to order a set.
My routine currently runs about 10 minutes, I think these additional flags could take it to 15 or 20....but I will have to come up with a whole heap more slapstick comedy to keep up the momentum!
Potty Smile
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
Thanks for your help and hope more will their thoughts and ideas.
I try in the first place to find where to buy and especially find out what's Flag O-Matic is the effect. Have not seen it before.
My thoughts are as follows gastrointestinal believe that mis-shaped and the Jolly Roger Jumper gives almost the same final effect, so I'm wondering which one is best and came up with Jolly Roger Jumper is the power to do. Partly because of this effect can be purchased ready-but not the other with a skull and crossbones flags.

My idea for a trick then is the following and hope you have comments, etc.

Card sword with cards and pictures of various pirate stuff.
Jolly Roger's Jumble
Miser's Dream catch coins from children's ears out there in the audience
Coloring book with a pirate theme
Appering Flag Pole with a pirate flag on (perhaps as entre tricks)
Torn and Restore treasure map

rope is a laternativ but has anyone any idea which rope tricks you could use. There is a lot to choose from but want something a proposal when it is easier to perhaps find a story or if you have a good story to trick.

Ideas are received gladly
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7444 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Flag-o-Matic was a Barry Mitchell magic trick that's been discontinued. You might be able to buy a used one through the buy and sell area of the Magic Café. It sold for about $350 new, I think.

Google "Flag-o-matic Barry Mitchell" (without the quotes) to find out more info on it.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
I have seen the Chinese Rice Bowls and now body use them to day what I have seen so now I wonder if any have a god storry for this effekt with rice and water in a pirate theme.

Can the Multiplying Bottles with new labelsname as Pirate lemonade ( I don't like to use strong liquid name) be a god trick for the kids? from what age?
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
I try to find the Flag-O-Matic at internet to se it perform but nothing ;o(
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
So nobody has any interesting thoughts on the rice bowls or thought to do Multiplaying Bottles
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
If you use rice that is paintend gold it would lock like tiny "gold nuggets".

Just an idea.

Oliver.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Or use Cap'n Crunch cereal if you have it there.. he's sort of a pirate.

Do you have pirate themed breakfast cereal in Sweden?
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
We don't have it here?
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Pirate themed breakfast cereal??!!! Ahem....Read your "Laaaaarousse Gastronomique a la Corsaire". We pirates do NOT eat CEREAL for breakfaaaaaaarst! We prefer a heaaaaaarty plate full of caaaaaarbohydrates and plenty of dead meat! Our favourite prepaaaaaaration is Rats' heaaaaaarts, dripping with blood, with Dragon Snot, seasoned with peppaaaaaar, and gaaaaaarnished with aaaaaaartichoke heaaaaarts. And a side of paaaaarsnip mash.
Just to let you know.
Potty Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Themides (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL