The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review: The Return of the White Dwarf by Bob Cassidy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Review: The Return of the White Dwarf by Bob Cassidy from http://www.amirasideas.com

Bob is one of our living heroes in this art.
His contributions in effects and theory are huge and truly elevates Mentalism in other levels.
Yesterday Bob and Jheff from MarketPlace of the Mind released this eBook containing a new version of the "2 envelope test" AKA White Dwarf plus extra ideas for the classic "Name/Place"

What´s the White Dwarf ? A great tool to get information secretly with proper psychology behind.

Price and Description:

$29.97 at .
http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/retuwhit.html

My opinion:

24 page eBook, plain text without photos. No fancy edition but excellent information
(at the end the most important).

The eBook is divided in 2 sections.
In the first part Bob explains the original "White Dwarf" (which is basically a simple and easy way to get a full billet p**k with nested envelopes), the " Eye of the White Dwarf" ( another version of this idea) and his new version called "The return of The White Dwarf".
Bob explains all the subtle details of this new handling that allows you to give all the props at the end to your participants.

If you know Bob´s work, you know that the Logical Disconnect is a very important factor in each effect, and this is not exception.

Now, about the White Dwarf, I honestly prefer the classic approach that appears in Artful Mentalism but I appreciate the good points of the new version.
You need to work a little more in this version, but you will rewarded knowing that in the end you can give away everything.
The second part is excellent as well as the first one. Bob gives you extra ideas for the Name/Place routine that you can add if you perform this piece , or incorporate that tools to similar effects.

Rate: 9/10

An excellent reading, new ideas that even if you don't use in the future, will give you proper understanding in how mentalism should be construct and perform.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
Thanks Pablo for this review !
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Good review amira!, out of curiousity is the new version less " envelope specific"?, hard to describe without exposing anything,
Ive always struggled to get the necessary items with the required properties in the uk,
Cheers
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
608 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Dylan, yes you can use ANY manila pay envelopes. I have this, did this last night in an adult gig and it killed!
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Quote:
On 2011-10-15 21:59, Ony Carcamo wrote:
Dylan, yes you can use ANY manila pay envelopes. I have this, did this last night in an adult gig and it killed!

thanks!! ill get this purchased.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Just bought myself an Xmas present. Thank you Jesus.

Let's see if it lives upto its hype!
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
It does, John!

I predict you will be quite happy woth your order.

Stefan
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
OK, the heck with elves white dwarfs are where it's at!

This a great product. Right up my alley for direct simplicity of method and performance.

What else can you say. I love this kind of thinking.

Merry Christmas to all and to all ... GET WHITE DWARFS FOR YOUR STOCKING!

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Review: The Return of the White Dwarf by Bob Cassidy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL