The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jack Reimon's "L.I.F.T." (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jhostler
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of jhostler
A Pithy Review of Jack Reimon's "L.I.F.T." (Live Impromptu Floating Table)

Good idea? Sure.

$25 good? Nope.

The first 16 of this small booklet's 50 pages are dedicated to titles, a disclaimer, introduction, description of the effect, and historical background. The secret can be described in three sentences (or less), and is - in fact - on page 17. The remaining content is devoted to trivialities (some will undoubtedly argue otherwise) for what is essentially a highly variable, situational effect. Speaking of which...

Could L.I.F.T get a rise out of an audience? Sure. Fool magicians? Under perfect conditions, maybe. Will you be disappointed? I'd give it 80/20 odds. This thing has merit, but would have been more appropriately released in a full-length book or magazine.
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Jhostler, thanks for your thoughts. Do you think this could be used well for stage? And is the method really that obvious to the audience?

regards,
MI
jhostler
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of jhostler
With the correct presentation, I think L.I.F.T. could fool folks sitting at the table. Not sure how it would play on stage - though Reimon does claim some success.
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Ok thanks Jhostler, for the price and other reviews here on the Café, I think il take the chance and purchase it. Thanks again for your thoughts!
Jack Reimon
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Jack Reimon
Dear Friends,
Thank you so much for posting about LIFT on the Café. I´m new at the Café and this might be my 3rd post maybe, and i´ve seen this is not the only discussion about my booklet so I thank you a lot, this endorses my popularity, lol.
I´m just replying to some question I found about Lift that you might find useful.
First of all, yes, it is a VERY VERY VERY VERY simple method, but a VERY VERY VERY intriguing one.
It can be explaines in one line, yes, but LIFT is not a booklet on giving away a method, Lift is a booklet on a research of a RARE illusion. I didn't wrote Lift only to make more money, or to give away a secret, I wrote lift to enjoy myself researching on an approach to magic, and this is science.
I think that I wanted to give away all that I could about history on this kind of tricks, and my perspective on how to perform this kind of magic. I give away multiple presentation views of the same effect, just to prove the point that LIFT is not only a "medium" kind of trick.
I also think that for Magic to exsist, deception has to exsist. If people do not ask themselves "how does he do it?" then there is no magic. And I believe LIFT makes this happen. It FOOLS PEOPLE, on the STREET on Stage, everywhere. I do it on stage and it takes 3 second of my 2 hour mental show, and at the end, people always come up on stage to check if the table is some how "faked" (it is not).
This has fooled magicians, and I mean, heavyweight champions of magic and I if it is well done, it will do miracles for you.
The booklet is not meant only to teach you a secret, but at least it was meant to enjoy some 40 minutes of reading. it took me 2 month of writing and those were very incredible times for me, so I was hopping to share more than a secret, I was hopping to share "literature?" (maybe).
thanks for your words, if any one who own a copy and wants any more details about it i´ll be glad to share everything I can. I even have some secret I kept to myself that i´ll be glad to share, just send me and email. I will not promote myself, if you have a copy, you´ll find my email and just write to me and i´ll be happy to share and talk about anything you wish.
Thanks again boys and have a great day.
sorry for the typos, it´s a hangovered sunday for me, lol.
Jack
Christopher Caldwell
View Profile
New user
Scottsdale, Arizona
86 Posts

Profile of Christopher Caldwell
Hello Jack,

The booklet is very nicely put together. I've sent a PM.

Thanks
Chris
scathmadre
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of scathmadre
Tannens showed a copy available for $44.95.
This was in error. now sadly OOP.
Wish...
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
237 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
I have a copy in new condition that I'd sell for $60 Shipped in the USA if anyone is interested.

PM me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jack Reimon's "L.I.F.T." (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL