The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Comedy Christmas Magic Wand by Tommy James (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Thanks Potty! I got your order and I will ship it as soon as the monkey arrives. For those who do not know, I am going to offer an alternative to the trick called "Santa the Monkey and the Magic Chimney . . . as Jeremy from Practical magic brought up a good point that not all kids in other countries will know the issue of the Skunk. So I will have another version later this week which will come with the monkey instead of the skunk.

Wow, I don't know what to say Kevin. Thank you for having so much confidence in me Smile

I'm just a guy that loves what I'm doing and I want to offer usable, practical props and routines for the working kid show magician.

As for the videos, I want people to see how these props actually work as well as the kids reactions to them in a live show. As soon as I can film Santa, Skunk & the Magic Chimney in front of a live group I will.
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Just watched the video and I HAVE to buy this! I was going to wait for the year round wand but I truly believe this wand can be used year round! What a fantastic routine using a wand. Simply perfect for anyone doing kid shows! Off to buy it now!

Well done!

Mike Smile
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Ok! Just bought it and also bought his No way! Nest of boxes routine!!! It's an early Xmas for me! Soooo happy... Smile
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
I am going to use this for my Halloween show.I wrote a letter the Gwenda the witch requesting for a wand for Halloween but Igor my assistant sent my letter of request to Santa instead! Guess what came in my mail.Promise not to laugh....
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I think Tommy's Measle Teasle Wand could also work just fine for Christmas shows. I just checked out Tommy's range of products, and he certainly has some cool stuff. http://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/buytricks.php
As others have said, Tommy is in the trenches like many of us, and his products seem to reflect that. Great products that you WILL use, don't cost a fortune, and that you won't see every other magician using.
Potty Smile
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2011-10-26 11:57, maps wrote:
I am going to use this for my Halloween show.I wrote a letter the Gwenda the witch requesting for a wand for Halloween but Igor my assistant sent my letter of request to Santa instead! Guess what came in my mail.Promise not to laugh....

Good idea Frankie!

Someone contacted me suggesting an eyeball on top of the wand for Halloween that keeps falling off. That would be hilarious. I don't think I will be making that for distribution but I may make one to use in my own Halloween shows.

Still working on prototypes for a wand to be used year round. Hoping to have something by the end of February but not going to rush it.

Only had 36 wands left as of last night but Practical Magic just ordered 15 more so now its down to 21 and I don't know if I will have time to manufacture any more this year Smile
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
Here's another top tip - a small circle of white sticky back plastic, stuck over the washer, makes it totally invisible to the audience..... Also, I normally don't like to compare the size of mine to other peoples, but Tommy's Pom Pom in the video clip was MUCH bigger than the one I received...I felt so inadequate. So I just bought a HUGE Pom Pom from a craft shop...I'm a man again!
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
I just used this wand in a halloween show as the "cotton candy wand" and used it to appear candy (packaged) and then discussed the importance of packaged candy. The wand did NOT seem out of place and it was a hit with the children. Worth the money hands down.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I just received mine and it is worth every single penny. This is a must if you perform kid shows. This will go right into my show and I cannot wait to perform it. The whole routine is just so funny to kids. I'm happy your running out because I want to be the only one in my area that does this! Again, there's really no reason to wait for a year round one. This will do the trick for any time of the year. Plus it's so easy to switch out the "snowball" with something else if you wanted to.

I also HAVE to give my praise to the No Way Nest of Boxes. I cannot be happier with this. It's a quality product that is so easy to perform and has such a powerful impact! The best is it works for all ages. Adults too! I also love that this converts to a walk a round effect.

Well this is my first Tommy James purchase and I bought directly from him. Everything from customer service to fast shipping to quality props that you will use has just been perfect. I'm looking forward to future products and future purchases. Tommy- you Rock!

Mike Smile
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2011-10-28 18:21, garydunn wrote:
Here's another top tip - a small circle of white sticky back plastic, stuck over the washer, makes it totally invisible to the audience..... Also, I normally don't like to compare the size of mine to other peoples, but Tommy's Pom Pom in the video clip was MUCH bigger than the one I received...I felt so inadequate. So I just bought a HUGE Pom Pom from a craft shop...I'm a man again!

Hi Gary, Let me explain. The first 50 that went out had a 2" Pom Pom on it. After Hank Lee received the order, he contacted me telling me how much he loved the wand, but was disappointed the Pom Pom wasn't bigger. So after hearing that, of course I had to make the Pom Pom bigger and I purchased, and am now making them with 3" Pom Poms. It was after that, that I shot the video.

Anyone wishing for a bigger Pom Pom, contact me and I will ship you one free of charge, no questions asked.

Mike,I am SO happy that you like the nested boxes and bags. They really are a feature item in my shows. Thank you for your very generous and king words Smile
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I truly love both items Tommy! We have a similar style in performance so I'm going to keep a close eye on your products! Folks- if you are on the fence about either of these items pm me and I'll give you my thoughts. Please know that you cannot go wrong with either.

Mike Smile
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Many people have contacted me about the same kind of wand for year round use and I am happy to say I have come up with a final prototype which I used in my shows today and it works perfectly! I am so eager to begin this new project but I have to take a break. I WILL be releasing this new wand with a NEW look early next year. Same kind of routine with glue bottle and cloth, just a different magic wand that doesn't have the Christmas look to it. I also gave my good friend the same prototype to use in his shows this weekend and he has confirmed great results. That's all the info I can give right now until it comes out but this is definitely going to be a mainstay in my shows Smile

Happy Halloween!

Tommy
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Used the new prototype in an elementary school on Halloween day in front of 300 kids and they loved it!

Here is a sneak peek at the new style. Nice and flashy!

Click here to view attached image.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Yup. Very nice. What are you thinking for the top?
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Nothing for the top Mike. The silver tip falls off and "clunks" on the ground. I've used this wand 4 times already with great results. Same antics as the x mas wand, its just that this wand can be used anytime and will not have that Christmas look to it.

These will not be on the market til early next year, but I've got all the supplies in and I am beginning production today. Anyone that wishes for one before they hit the market PM me. I can have a couple ready to go in a few days. My goal is to make up at least 250 packaged sets before they hit the market.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Looks great Tommy, also please think about white tips. I have a bunch of gag wands all with white tips, I like them looking the same. Just a thought.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2011-11-02 09:51, billappleton wrote:
Looks great Tommy, also please think about white tips. I have a bunch of gag wands all with white tips, I like them looking the same. Just a thought.

Hummmmmm What do the rest of you think? I really wanted to come out with a wand that looked different . . flashy. How many of you would rather just see the tips in white? Or maybe offer both?

I have decided to hold off production on these as I have a nice idea I may want to ad to this wand. So , please anticipate early next year for this new wand. lets get thru Christmas first Smile
Bill Knight
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
318 Posts

Profile of Bill Knight
Hi Tommy, I would love to have one with white tips. After all the fun had with your Measle Teasle wand (yes, I still love it) I could get it back out later in the show to see if the spots had gone, only for the end to start falling off.

Bill
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
www.magicbill.co.uk
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Great idea Bill! I guess it makes sense to make this in white tips Smile
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I would go for white tips on the wand.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Comedy Christmas Magic Wand by Tommy James (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL