The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parrot Props? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Hey Guys,

This isn't really a magic question. I am looking for a source for stage parrot props such as bikes, basketball hoops, scooters, etc. The source I had doesn't seem to be doing it anymore.

Thanks
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7550 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You might check with Stan Kramien or David Carvett. Stan used to do a parrot act.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Thanks Richard,

Any other sources?
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2231 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I used to get my props from Bonnie Bird of http://www.parrotsandprops.com/
Perhaps you can check if she still has some of the bigger props available or she might know someone.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
WE've also used some of these props before: http://www.parrotsandprops.com/ They are good, but may not quite be exactly what you want. I have a feeling you'll want something that lasts a bit longer. I'm not sure these props are built to hold up for the rigors of the road. You may consider going to a machine shop, making a couple doodles, and having them custom made.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7550 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Dave,
Maybe you have some circus contacts that could help?
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I was going to go through parrotprops.net as they had some awesome stuff but the website is now down and he hasn't responded to my messages on Facebook.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
I don't have any circus contacts that could help with parrot props.. and I bought Stan Kramien's last bird bike several weeks ago. Let me keep thinking a bit...
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Thanks Dave and everyone else,

I have spent hours searching the internet but have not come up with anything. There has to be someone out there that does this kind of stuff. I will email parrotsandprops.com, the quality doesn't appear to be there but it might be better than it looks.

Dave if you find a builder you may want to consider offering items to your loyal customers (like myself)
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7550 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Ryan,
I will make some calls to some circus friends of mine.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Thanks Richard,

I have my fingers crossed that the guy from parrotprops.net will get back to me and consider doing a run of items.

Any contact is a good contact. Over the next 5 years my plan is to get more birds and build this show. If I have I contact that is willing to do the items now I will order now.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7550 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I am still looking for circus contacts that may be able to help.

I would try to talk to Stan Kramien and get his thoughts and what he did and such. A first hand source that worked is always the best.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Thanks Guys,

I would contact Stan if I knew him or at least met him before. From what I read he seems to be a true legend in the business. I don't want to disturb him though.

As luck would have it I have made contact with two people today. One person is selling their entire show including the birds (I probably wont purchase the birds). I have also made contact with someone related to the guy from parrotprops.net, apparently he still makes the props and he will be contacting me in the next couple days. It looks like I will have an entire show built before I have the rest of the birds.

Richard if you have already sent some feelers out and get a return please let me know. I have an idea for some custom props that I would like to get built.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Hey Ryan,

We might have a source for parrot bikes. Feel free to email me. DaveWomach@yahoo.com. I should know more later this week.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2231 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I don't know if there is a market for these but I had plans of putting up a small business selling parrot props for parrot shows.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
tiger_trx
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of tiger_trx
Any update on the parrot bikes?
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Unfortunetly the manufacture I was in contact seems to have fallen of the face of the earth after receiving my deposit. I am calling him this afternoon.

Dave has made some bikes and other props so he would be a good contact if his schedule allows. He is starting a new show and producing at least 1 more in a theme park right now.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
The Parrot Bikes are really hard to get a hold of. I'm having a really frustrating time getting them made in the US as well... The quality just isn't there.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I just wanted to bring this topic back to life as I am getting a macaw in the spring. Anyone have any updates on parrot props? The guy I gave my money too is gone along with my deposit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parrot Props? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL