The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Magic for 2000 people (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asgar
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of asgar
I have been asked to show magic for over 2000 people in an international music award ceremony .This will also be telecast-ed live.I am normally a close-up and parlor magician.Which of the following tricks do you think will play well for 2000 people.However I'm planning refuse them.

Cups and Balls(mixture of micheal Ammar and gazzo)+ basic juggling
Chop cup (variation of paul daniels)
Linking ring(Whit HAydn)
Sponge Balls
Billiard Balls
Cigerette Routine(Many sources)
Bottle Production
Egg Bag(Dan Tong)
3 card monte
3 shell
fast and loose
Card to the mouth
Cards Transfer(angle free and impeccable)
6cards
Card MAnipulation
Jeff Archers 3 balls(J.Thompson)
Bill inKiwi(C.Cloutier)
Paper balls in the box and over the head(Slydini)
Coins through the Table(Slydini)
4 coins to the glass
3 fly
Misers Dream
Newspaper tear(Richard Osterlind & Andrew Mayne)
Ambitious card and other street card magic)
Tabary
Fiber Optics
Salt Venish(DArwin)
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Some times, a man has to know his limitations. Generally a group that large needs an illusion.
You can, of course, decide to play to the camera rather than the crowd (especially if there is a monitor). If you can control the camera you will win over the home audience with close-up/parlour effects.
From the list: whit haydn rings, misers dream (ala McBride using spectator), maybe Tabary/fiber optics combo, newspaper tear.
The manipulation would work if you have solid music and focused lighting. Open with your best, something with music, get their attention, and then settle into anything from the list.
--------------
Generally its not the effects you do, but the ability to command the attention of that crowd who is not there to see a magician, they are there for the music and the stars.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
asgar
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of asgar
Thanks for the input.Actually I already refused them.Though the function will be telecast ed live.It will be at daytime in a sea beach with many big shots..This is way over my head .If there was a chance of good lighting ,I might have had the courage to say yes.
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I made the assumption on your skill level and you might have pulled the show off. The only fault with your taking the show would have been that your confidence may not be up to it.
I have performed many large shows with parlour items, the biggest deal is your projection and the ability to fill a stage with what you own. The intimidation factor is key. I should suggest your finding them another performer with stage experience and act as an agent. If you did that, you could suggest to the stage guy, that you be included as an assistant, or to do a small segment of the act. That way you would get the monkey off of your back about large audiences.

Bottom line, if you can't do a show, never lose the lead.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Magic for 2000 people (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL