The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Super Walking Knot » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
The magician ties a 20 foot length of rope between 2 chairs. He asks a member of the audience to tell him “where to stop” as he moves his scissors along the rope. He cuts the rope at the chosen spot. The cut ends fall to the floor proving the rope is actually cut. Now he picks up the ends and ties them together. Now, slowly, the magician slides the knot along the rope, again asking someone to call out “stop.” At that point, the magician unties the knot and the rope is seen to be cut at that spot! The effect is immediately repeated. The rope is retied, the knot moved to another position freely chosen by a spectator and untied there! This could be repeated as many times as wished.

How is that possible? It code like 500$!!!
Ignore me...
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Ignore me...
Obviously, it's magic. You're not just asking for the secret, are you? That's not quite what the Café is about, if I understand correctly.

Of course, if you're really curious, you can invest the money and buy it, but I wouldn't invest that kind of money if I wasn't planning on using it on a regular basis.

Although I don't own it, I have seen it done. In my opinion, it's amazing!
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
It does cost less than $500 though. I think it is like $250. If I'm wrong, then someone please correct me.

Micheal Leath
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4575 Posts

Profile of Payne
You can find this on E-bay from time to time for a good price. There is also a cheaper version out now that allows you to only move the knot a couple of times.
Buy either version and you'll be doing it in a snap!
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10579 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I can do this without a gimmick.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
chappy
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of chappy
Pavels super walking Knot, approx. US$250
DETAILS OF DECEPTION at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Vinny... me too. I did it with rubber cement. Fooled the wee out of Johnny Thompson with it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Super Walking Knot » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL