The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How about *this* guy? Can we fire him? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I think that teachers should be able to get fired just like everyone else in this world can be. Especially THIS guy. Smile
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
If the facts are what they seem, this guy should not be keeping his job. I don't know anything about certification in Alabama, but you'd also have to think that the would be facing the prospect of losing his license to teach as well.

Hard to believe anybody could be that crass and stupid.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
This sort of idiocy is why I deleted my Facebook.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
Wonder what Matt Damon would say in his defence....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Who is we?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote of the day:

"It takes a special type of person to deal with special children and he is not that person."

Perfectly said.

Sometimes I wonder why people want to be teachers. Seriously. Most of my students want to be teachers, and if you ask them why, they say that they like "teaching".

But they have no idea what teaching means.

Teaching isn't about the content. The content you can get from Wikipedia. Teaching is about a very special kind of human relationship, I think. Teaching is about the thrill you get when you've helped someone to figure out something that would have taken them a bit longer without your help. But you should never insult them by thinking that they never would have gotten it without you. And you shouldn't make fun of helmets on Facebook.

I'd probably not fire the guy. I'd call him in for a long conversation about what teaching means, and if he were to "get it", I'd keep him and call in the moms and dads and say, "He gets it now. He's a keeper." Unless he didn't "get it". Then I'd send him to Matt Damon for a lecture.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I enjoy teaching people things, but I don't think I have the patience to make it my career.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How about *this* guy? Can we fire him? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL