The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Intuition Key (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rickhypno
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of rickhypno
Watching Amira perform his effect is a great addition.
Biovf
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Biovf
I had the pleasure of reading my copy a couple of days ago and have to say that I liked very much Pablo's take on this effect. The fact that everything is done by the spectator helps to rule out any trickery concepts.
After all that has been said I just want to add what I wrote to Pablo just after reading Intuition Key :"...simplicity and deceptivity at their best. It shows how you can achieve so much with such a simple method, I really cant wait to perform this!"
This sums up pretty much everything I like about this routine, a wonderful piece.

David
john-pears
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of john-pears
Quote:
On 2011-11-12 17:06, Biovf wrote:
I had the pleasure of reading my copy a couple of days ago and have to say that I liked very much Pablo's take on this effect. The fact that everything is done by the spectator helps to rule out any trickery concepts.
After all that has been said I just want to add what I wrote to Pablo just after reading Intuition Key :"...simplicity and deceptivity at their best. It shows how you can achieve so much with such a simple method, I really cant wait to perform this!"
This sums up pretty much everything I like about this routine, a wonderful piece.

David


I bought this ebook yesterday and I love the effect .Thanks Pablo for the simplicity of this, and also for the live footage that you offer with the purchase.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5114 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Just received this review from a buyer:


Hi
My Wife decided to buy me this for Christmas but she left the PDF and link details on her office Laptop and was not able to call back into the office until January which meant I could not have a look at the routine on Christmas day! A few emails to Pablo on Christmas day sorted this so thank you Pablo and thank you for the advice and comments you gave.
I had a Small private function to work at on Boxing day and I put this in to it. Twenty Four hours is not a long time to practice and perform a new piece and it is not to be recommended but I am familiar with the Seven Keys of Baldpate and I was confident I could pull this off. I used it as the penultimate Routine just before finishing with Rick Maues 'Fate'

This is a great routine based on The Seven keys to Baldpate but I think it is cleaner and a lot more Fun to do. It gave me pretty much a blank canvass to stamp my own personality on the routine which for me is Important. It can be as serious as you want it to be or you can even add a bit of Comedy in to it. I added a bit of comedy in to the first part which worked really well. Then the serious business came and it left my audience speechless.
Basically, without doing the piece an injustice you have a set of Keys (I had Nine) and a Padlock. The audience assistant tries all the keys in the padlock and confirms that none of them fit. That is because you have the real key inside your pocket! You show the audience and you can then give it to your helper to confirm that it is indeed the only key that fits in the lock. It is then placed with the other keys and mixed up so nobody knows where that key is. The assistant then first time manages to pick up the key that fits the lock. You can use pseudo Hypnosis, Hypnosis or any other means to do this. I just induced a light trance but again this really is not necessary.
There are extra things to buy in this such as padlock and keys but that is it. It is one of those routines that you can fit in your Jacket pocket and you could use it close up or a small stage.
I am really impressed with this and I hope to be using it on a regular basis.

Thank you Pablo.



Mark and Joanne Ashcroft
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
mag1cman
View Profile
Regular user
Has contributed a meagre
142 Posts

Profile of mag1cman
I don't usually go for items that are less than 6 months old but based on Pablo's ideology of giving away freebies that can stimulate thought and also on other reviews that I have read of his other items I have gone for it!

Hope it doesn't take too long to arrive as it's an eBook.

For what it's worth I'll do a review when I get it.

Best regards
Steve
*** Magic shouldn't be the only thing in your life BUT everything in your life should be magic! ***
mag1cman
View Profile
Regular user
Has contributed a meagre
142 Posts

Profile of mag1cman
Hi All

I've now had a short while to digest the manuscript and here's my brief review of Pablo's effect.

Likes: The simplicity and cleanness of the whole routine, simple and easily executed with little or no heat you can do this nicely on stage or at a table (reduced number of keys to speed it up - say 5) - I wouldn't be comfortable performing it surrounded unless I had enough space to pace around a little bit.

Dislikes: Not a lot really it is a well thought out piece and one that I will be using. The only minor moan that I have is the amount of dead space in the manuscript - I know it's an e-book and so it won't be killing many trees, but I find it annoying to have to scroll through blank pages and a full page advertisement in order to read the routine - Of the 28 Pages in the manuscript 13 are either Blanks, titles or reviews - As I said not a major gripe but it does break up the 'flow' when you are reading it through.

Overall I like Pablo's routine and I will be using it - I have already made one adjustment which is that I have bought a "long loop" padlock and I will be asking my volunteer to lock a ring, necklace or watch onto the padlock and then my routine will be about their affinity to the item and how their subconscious will make sure they find the right key (I may then use Pablo's pendulum idea) - I might even go as far as betting with them that if they get the right key then they get their jewellery back but if not it goes home with me locked onto my padlock :o)

A while ago for a different Baldpate effect I made a "key stand" that lets you place 6 keys in a row "teeth down" so that they can't be seen - I use this so that the volunteer can't remember the teeth pattern on their key and pick it out easily - I may just have to make a bigger one of these now capable of holding 10 keys!

Nice work Pablo, squeeky clean and well thought through.

Respect
Steve
*** Magic shouldn't be the only thing in your life BUT everything in your life should be magic! ***
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5114 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Thanks a lot Steve for your feedback.

The blank pages are just for order and protocol. The book printed looks more organized in that way.


Enjoy the performances of IK.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5114 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Intuition Key was just placed in Merchant of Magic

You can check it HERE


Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
magician304
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of magician304
Great routine! Really like it! I bought this from Pablo and he was very helpful and spent many emails going back and forth with me to help me adapt it to my presentation. Thank you!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5114 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2014, magician304 wrote:
Great routine! Really like it! I bought this from Pablo and he was very helpful and spent many emails going back and forth with me to help me adapt it to my presentation. Thank you!

Glad that you like the routine Smile

This piece is still a great mental excuse to share ideas about intuition in my performances and talks.


Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
First of all there are two threads about this product.
Since this thread has the most recent post I thougt it would be more usefull to put my review here.
(other thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&0 ).

Second of all the PDF was send to me as a christmas gift.
I had the chance to ask for any Eproduct for free!
Beeing a beginner (and also Dutch! Smile ) it was tempting to go for the most expensive ones,not for the knowledge but for the price of the Eproduct, but I did not!

After reading about a lock and key effect in Practical Mental Effects I had a crush on this kind of effect.
Strolling through Pablo's Eproducts I found Intuition Key.
This was the one I wanted for christmas!

After a few days Pablo was so kind to email met the PDF and also give a password protected link to a video in where he performed this effect.
This video helped me even more and it was great to see him perform such a clean effect.

In the future I will get the necessary props to pull this one of.
I am thinking about a routine in where I let the spectator lose 2 games and after that mentally give him "the key to succes" for beeing a winner buy letting him find the correct key.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5114 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2015, Marc O wrote:
First of all there are two threads about this product.
Since this thread has the most recent post I thougt it would be more usefull to put my review here.
(other thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&0 ).

Second of all the PDF was send to me as a christmas gift.
I had the chance to ask for any Eproduct for free!
Beeing a beginner (and also Dutch! Smile ) it was tempting to go for the most expensive ones,not for the knowledge but for the price of the Eproduct, but I did not!

After reading about a lock and key effect in Practical Mental Effects I had a crush on this kind of effect.
Strolling through Pablo's Eproducts I found Intuition Key.
This was the one I wanted for christmas!

After a few days Pablo was so kind to email met the PDF and also give a password protected link to a video in where he performed this effect.
This video helped me even more and it was great to see him perform such a clean effect.

In the future I will get the necessary props to pull this one of.
I am thinking about a routine in where I let the spectator lose 2 games and after that mentally give him "the key to succes" for beeing a winner buy letting him find the correct key.


Thanks Marc for your words (I miss this post)
Hope that you can still enjoy this routine. It´s one of my "lock" routines and it´s great to share an intimate moment when the lights are softer, the script more metaphoric and intuition-based and the mystery interesting to watch.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Intuition Key (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL