The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » DarkSpell.... anyone have this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I was wondering if anyone is using this. If you are, could you tell me how you like it?

I have been thinking about getting it before it is too late.

DarkSpell from outlaw effects.

Best
Ray
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Isper
I have it and love it. It is truly a functioning work of art. It is especially good if you want to do some dark occult based effects that happen primarily in the hands of the spectator. You could do an entire evening bizarre of entertainment just with this and a few extra props.

On a side note,on one occasion I had a person pick the book up, listen to my intro, look through it and then throw it down exclaiming that she wanted absolutely nothing to do with that. That being said, it is not for everyone.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
A work of art, Ray. Not a walk around piece, but a full night of entertainment. Well worth the price tag
I highly recommend it!

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Ray, have you seen the link here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14

Knowing it was limited to a run of 100 and over half of them were spoken for by mid-July, I contacted Roth about it. He was kind enough to answer my questions and I bought it that night; he sent me the owner's manual. I have yet to receive it - he said it was going to go out yesterday - but the manual has me salivating, and the Outlaw discussion forum on DS has lots of wonderful posts about enriching the effects with DS. Check out the link, above. A nuber of folks well known and respected in this forum have made very positive comments and reviews about DS.

Perhaps you'll be the lucky purchaser of #100...
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Hi Ray,
As others have already Darkspell is indeed great piece of art and is probaly best suited for parlour or stage. I received mine last week and its #68! So there are still a few more copies left, if you still want to order one Smile

And as for telling you how I like it? Well I really really really like it Smile People are going to think Im really into black magic and sorcery when I start to use this hehe
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2011-10-17 22:36, Mind illusionist wrote:
Hi Ray,
As others have already Darkspell is indeed great piece of art and is probaly best suited for parlour or stage. I received mine last week and its #68! So there are still a few more copies left, if you still want to order one Smile

And as for telling you how I like it? Well I really really really like it Smile People are going to think Im really into black magic and sorcery when I start to use this hehe

So glad you're enjoying a little foray into the darkness and the light Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Yeah it certainly has been enjoyable, thanks Rick! When hobbs Box and the rest of my stuff get here, il really start to be hunted down by the church haha
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
I just got mine...#70...a work of art. It will blend together beautifully with multiple outlaw effects...
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

This sounds really cool! I just noticed that the book is small but it really looks like something that will create interest.

Love the leather cover. Just add a Mojo bag with a unique pendulum, cards, small candle holder and a casting cloth that has a pentagram on it.

Ray
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
You got it, Ray!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-10-20 00:04, afinemesh wrote:
You got it, Ray!

I have to wait until the end of the month to get it. I always wanted a book with spells. I started to make my own a few years ago but it looked awful!

Ray
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-10-19 23:16, David Eichler wrote:
I just got mine...#70...a work of art. It will blend together beautifully with multiple outlaw effects...

WOW, number 70!

I just might get number 100! That would be cool because I would be the one that closed the door on this! How cool is that? LOL

Ray
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Don't forget about the Box of Dark...to keep it locked in,and others locked out!

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

What do you guys think about using a pointer when reading from the book? You use the pointer to keep your place in the spell as the person handles the props. That way when the person looks away to handle the prop, it becomes an easy matter for them (and you) to find your place in the spell because you are pointing at it with the pointer. Cool?

Maybe use a tarot pointer because it is small and looks so darn cool!
http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/wand......ter.html

Ray
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Not a bad idea Ray to help the spec keep track of their reading, however I personally don't see the need to use a wand with Darkspell. You could use it to add more mystery for your darkspell presentation, and share how they were used by black magicians in the medieval times etc. But then that would also detract attention from the book itself.

I am thinking though of using a pendulum with darkspell Smile

just my thoughts,
MI
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Isper
I think it would detract from it. DarkSpell is a little scary for the performer, because most to the action takes place in the spectators hands. In a way it is as if the roles of spectator and performer are reversed a bit. However, this apprehension lends to the overall atmosphere. There is a "safety net" in that the performer knows almost from the start the type of presentation it will be. This leads itself to some interesting comments you can make and things you can do to enhance the presentation. If things do not proceed well you can always go back and reinterpret in the context of the chosen spell if need be. It may sound a bit strange now, but when you get DS and start working with it I think you can see what I mean
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Check this one out. Too bad it can't be used as we liked. LOL
http://www.witchesmoon.net/clearancebooks.htm

Scroll down the page!

Ray
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I have the DarkSpell, but haven't actually used it. I needed the requisite type of gaffed affect (tarot), so I spent the last few months designing one to work with it. Now that it is finished, I plan to throw myself back into the performance manual!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » DarkSpell.... anyone have this? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL