The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance Candles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I recently got hold of some remote controlled LED candles for just £15 from a well known auction site.
I can't wait to use these in the darkness of the seance room and I am conjuring up some ideas for them.

The most powerful and basic use would be for them to come on during the dark seance after asking the spirits to give us a sign they are with us.
From across the room they look incredibly realistic and even smell of vanilla!

Does anyone else use these and have any ideas for them?
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Far less questionable if they go out before the "dark"portion of the seance.
. Smile
Mark
E.O.I
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Do you mean seance by candlelight and then... all three suddenly go out?
Hmmm... like it!
Lefebure
View Profile
Loyal user
Lille, France
202 Posts

Profile of Lefebure
My opinion is that the audience must absolutely believe that they are real candles and not electronic.
Everybody knows that everything which is electronic is supposed to work with a RC, so the effect will fail.
Put the candles(or just one) in some different corners of the room, a bit away from the table. They will look absolutely innocent.

During the séance, ask the spirit to give a sign of presence. Lit them, and a little bit later, when the spirit leaves, don't forget to stand up and go to blow the candle as you are pressing on the RC at the same time.

One thing more : if the smell of vanilla is so powerful as you describe (does it only smell when you lit the candles ??), I suggest you to call the spirit of a child, or someone who worked in a candy shop, for example. I mean, the human sense of smell is very very powerful and evocative. Plus it's a organic reaction. Except manipulating the brain of your guests (on a litteral sense or not !), a smell is always a real feeling and a true sensation, they can't say that there is an illusion somewhere. Don't forget that sense of smell is used in marketing (shops, restaurants...) to seduce the customers like Pavlov's dog.
So, if they smell vanilla, it's a good point. Up to you to use it with efficiency !
Good luck !
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Indeed Freddie .Just make sure the RC candles are above the line of vision ,so as not to view the LED ,they are remarkably good though .
Recommended reading is 20 Seance tips by Thomas Baxter ,there are loads of practical tips in there you'll like .
Regards , as always , Mark
E.O.I
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I have that book and it's great! Some really good ideas in there and a few which I intend to use. I am planning on having the candles on the other side of the room mixed amongst the normal candles that are at the venue already.

My reasoning is that if they are with the other ones it will look like they are ALL lit, something I'll have to play around with. I think the candle lighting, flickering and then going out 20 minutes into seance could be pretty powerful. It will only be momentary but enough to establish that the spirits are 'doing' things...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I have some...

the old fakir stunt of making the scent of flowers appear at the fingertips, because of the led light, I'm wondering if the heat generated (which is minimal) is enough to melt scented wax (if placed over the bulb)...be nice to have the smell of vanilla gradually change without having to go near it...
I've asked to be banned
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I have played around with them and the heat is very minimal. I wanted to place flash paper/cotton around the LED bit (these candles have a sunken 'wick' to look like they have already been used so if high enough no one will see the LED) and it wasn't hot enough to ignite the flash paper sadly. That would have been the moment they would have switched off!!!
daleshrimpton
View Profile
Regular user
the u.k
135 Posts

Profile of daleshrimpton
I've been thinking..( Since I was responsible for introducing freddie to them, I think I should share) lol

it would be more realistic if the 3 candles suddenly go out, than to have them light up.

I feel that few if anybody out there would want to investigate candles that go out. After all, it happens all the time. Just not 3 at the same time...

If they all burst into flame, it could arrouse suspitions.

but we are going to have a bit of a play, and see what works best.
daleshrimpton
View Profile
Regular user
the u.k
135 Posts

Profile of daleshrimpton
Quote:
On 2011-10-20 10:02, IAIN wrote:
I have some...

the old fakir stunt of making the scent of flowers appear at the fingertips, because of the led light, I'm wondering if the heat generated (which is minimal) is enough to melt scented wax (if placed over the bulb)...be nice to have the smell of vanilla gradually change without having to go near it...

there is a much better, tried and tested method for doing this. If we ever get around to lecturing, it will be explained then.

( or after I am plied with booze at tab in a few weeks time ):)
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Don't tell 'em at Tab, Dale!!!

Yes, we will get round to lecturing next year, Dale and myself. If anyone wants us.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance Candles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL