The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Penn and Teller Split (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aussiemagik
View Profile
New user
Norfolk, VA
89 Posts

Profile of aussiemagik
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Doubt it.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Not very likely but it is great PR and keep them in the news.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Yeah... they haven't "split up" but it makes for nice link bait as a headline. As mentioned in an earlier post that I made, Penn is in NYC as a contestant on Celebrity apprentice. Also , Teller is working on a new Broadway project. Add to that they they have a contract through next year with an option for another year, and the tour dates that they have booked, they obviously haven't split.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Nope. Just some "PR" to keep them in the news.

Mark.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Bravo!
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Anyone who knows ANYTHING about P&T should see right through this. They've been working on separate projects for years. It's part of what keeps their act successful. By their own admission, they're not close friends. They get along, but don't hang out socially outside of their show. It makes perfect sense when you look at how many famous acts have been ruined because they were friends, lovers, or husband and wife offstage.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
The Rolling Stones are the same way. Been making music for years together but do NOT hang out with each other. It's a job. They each have their own limo, dressing room, etc... They see each other "at work," and then go home.

Mark. Smile
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Jerry Garcia likewise had little tolerance for the others after the gigs. And it showed up big time upon his demise having known Jerry early on from 1960 through '70 some.
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
It has to be PR. To keep their names in the news
GrassosMagicTheatre
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of GrassosMagicTheatre
I hope it's not real
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Since this topic was first started the duo have launched a new television program and even been Tweeting about hanging out together socially more than ever before.
Just throwing that out there.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
On a television talk show, Penn made it very clear that he has no contact with Teller socially. I think they realize what can happen if anyone follows the dual acts of the past. So any contact could be considered "more" in their case. Penn indicated they only have a business relationship. Remember, Teller is the magician, Penn is only the "front man", has little or no interest in magic.

Sounds like they have figured out the secret to a successful relationship in show business. I think they have lasted longer then any duo act in the history of entertainment. Anyway, it seems so.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
There are a multitude of showbiz duos that have lasted longer than P+T. Burns and Allen, Foster and Allen, Smith and Dale performed together for 70+ years.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
George Burns too did other media on the subject of God. My wife of 34 years also has not one post on The Magic Café', go figure. She won't even feed my rabbit.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-12-22 15:16, wmhegbli wrote:
On a television talk show, Penn made it very clear that he has no contact with Teller socially. I think they realize what can happen if anyone follows the dual acts of the past. So any contact could be considered "more" in their case. Penn indicated they only have a business relationship. Remember, Teller is the magician, Penn is only the "front man", has little or no interest in magic.

Sounds like they have figured out the secret to a successful relationship in show business. I think they have lasted longer then any duo act in the history of entertainment. Anyway, it seems so.

That's normally the case, but when they were travelling recently they ended up having meals and going to movies together. They both were Tweeting how odd it was to be hanging out together socially. The fact that it isn't normal for them is what made it stand out.
Can't remember which of the two of them said "we've never hung out this much socially."
At any rate, my mention of the Tweets was to illustrate how broken up they currently aren't.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Penn and Teller Split (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL