The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rus Andrew's TAKEN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
This guy cracks me up. I just learned about Rus and his work just a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have had the opportunity to read through a few of his ebooks. I really love the way this guy thinks. He has a knack for coming up with very simple, and direct ways to perform miracles. It's almost deceiving when you read his stuff because the simplicity of the methods often make you forget just how powerful of an effect it is.

I just received TAKEN from him which is a penetration effect using either a coin or a card. You have a spectator sign a quarter, you take the coin back and have them place their hand over a glass. You then take the signed quarter and push it through their hand and into the glass. You are not doing anything funny when you push the coin into their hand. Just your fingers touching their palm and .. clink!

Like I mentioned above he also provides a version that uses a playing card instead. It is a pretty bold routine, but very practical in my opinion. This is something that is not complicated but you will want to practice it on the wife or whatever victim of tricks you like to use. This is something that will take just a little bit of a knack, but would not be hard to master with good practice in my opinion. I have been playing around with it for a while and have found that it takes a little bit of experimenting but once you got it, it's pretty easy.

I can see this being applied to many other things besides just a quarter or a card. This is definitely one of those you can get creative with.

Rus says that there will be a demo up later, so you might check it out.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks brad, glad you liked it and thanks for the review, I've kept this to myself for two years, it's a great effect and so simple to perform, it's the simple things that have the best impact, bold is best!!!!

All the best

R
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
I have 5 review copies of taken to give away.

First 5 pms with email address will recieve a copy.

All the best

R
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Rus was kind enough to give me a copy of his new work. Ingenious! I really loved it. The effect is very simple in its method, but extremely powerful for the spectator. I will surely use it, as suggested, with their borrowed key. When you read the description you say "no way, it is not gonna work", but I was surprised to see that it works!! I tried with my gf and she was stunned, she did not notice the method Smile I will now test it in the real world...
Thanks for this release Rus, you are great!
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks Dorian.

Using a borrowed key is awesome.

Have fun with this

R
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

Thanks for the reviews guys, glad people are enjoying this bit of madness.

I love performing this, do this with a borrowed house key, it gets crazy reactions.

Demo here of TAKEN

http://www.deceptionartist.com/newrelease.cfm

All the best

R
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
When I read the method I smiled. Love anything original and bold and this is both. Very easy to do and really is something that frys a lay person. You can have this ready to go whenever someone ask you to show them something. Plus it all happens in their hands. This effect is what we are all looking for. Ingenious thinking!
Jason Ketting
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Jason Ketting
TAKEN: By Rus Andrews

Price £7.50

Effect: Spectator signs a coin, key or a bottle cap, the spectator is then asked to place their hand out flat above a glass, the coin, key or cap is then seen to pass through the spectators hand into the empty waiting glass.

Demo can be seen here:

My first impressions when I saw the demo was WOW that’s looks real clean, I have seen many effects that involve coins and caps penetrating glass bottles and cups etc etc, but this looked really interesting so I took the plunge and went for it and for the price I was pleasantly surprised.

The basic mechanics of this little gem has that definite “why the hell didn’t I think of that” slap in the head, this is so clean and simple and typical Rus thinking, he seems to have a knack for taking an idea or concept and creating a way that is simple yet mind blowing, I had the opportunity to take this out over the weekend and give it a test drive and the results were brilliant, I had to play around with the idea for a bit to get comfortable with the method but once I was happy I just got stuck in, as soon as I saw the spectators face as the signed coin landed in the glass for me said this was a winner. The simple method is what makes this such a worker, its bold and fun.

Overall I love the effect and the method is wonderfully simple and I personally think underpriced, it’s a true gem and something I will be using a lot.

If you are a fan of these types of effects this is worth adding to your collection.

Great work again Rus

JK
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Many thanks for all the comments and emails regarding TAKEN, This is probably the most simplest and bold version of this type of effect that is out there... I say that as I havent seen a version like it yet.

Many thanks again, and I hope all that have this now are having as much fun as I have using this, I say it again use the borrowed object version i.e thier house key, this really hits home ( no pun intended lol )

All the best

R
chriswebbmagic
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of chriswebbmagic
I was lucky enough to have read this and its realy simple but so direct.

I also liked the card version as this has many different ways to be used and as rus says ....IT IS BOLD! and it is but that's what makes it so good and useable.

Good to see this with no electric or super complicated methods.

Direct Powerful magic at its best.

Well done Rus
www.ChrisWebbVault.com

Creator of: Coffee Shot, Flash, Fickle and RE.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
It sounds awesome, but the demo is very dark and your don't really get to see the effect.

Any chance of a retake with better lighting conditions?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Here is the new trailer for TAKEN

brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
That's a mighty fine trailer you got there. Smile
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Created by a great media guru!

And the newest member at deception artist HQ

R
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Let me jump in and say, that the method although some might say is BOLD; it is actually not.

If you have experience in another effect from long ago, and I wont mention which one it is, but then this is a piece of cake.

Most of you have the gimmick for this at home, if not then you can buy it.

I cant wait to try this out.

Great thinking Rus.

10/10

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Very simple method.Easy to do and easy to get into.Simple for the spectator to understand and a mega wow factor effect for them.
Also if this was on a dvd with an expensive gimmick, the cost would be 5 times as much.Russ's version is for nothing and very practical.
Well done Russ.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Almost all of Rus'effects are way underpriced
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Great thinking here, I would imagine the reactions on this are fantastic, well done Rus, another winner here methinks!
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Rus has a real knack for creating simple, direct magic that isn't hard to do but has maximum effect. Taken is another example of his thinking, it makes me chuckle inside when I read his methods for his effects!

Keep batting them out of the ballpark Rus!

Ben
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
This effect is another winner from Rus, I got it a few days ago and it works like a gem!
I already got some effects from Rus and I keep getting amazed by the thinking of this guy and the great value he delivers.
I have to say: don't miss out on this worker!

Two thumbs up for this!!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rus Andrew's TAKEN (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL