The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rus Andrew's TAKEN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
I did this to my wife last night and wasn't even trying to hide the method. I was just practicing it and it still completely caught her off guard. Like BMWGuy said, it isn't as bold as you may think it is when you first read about it. I wasn't sure how hard it would be to hide the method from the spectator when I first read it, but I can now attest that even when doing it as sloppy as I was doing it last night,.. it works, not only that...it even passed the wife test. and my tricks almost never work on her.
Jason Ketting
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Jason Ketting
Tried the key version last night, madness is all I can say, spectator was shocked.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I agree. While the method seems bold, I can't see getting caught on it. This is a really nice coin to glass.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
I got this yesterday!
Loved it !
Is easy, direct, visual, and AMAZING!
Well thought Rus, the handling providing is very easy to follow, I performed it today to a couple of friends and they were VERY FOOLED.
When I saw the trailer before I placed my order, I was doubting if a spectator would be really fooled by it, so I was not sure if I should place my order or not, finally I got it, and I am very happy with my purchase.
If some of you guys are doubting on getting it, I'd advice you to get your copy now!
You won't regret it, and the price is very affordable.

Well done Rus!

Nefesch
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
I've just checked this out from Rus.

Anyone who loves performing effects like coin on shoulder, coin under watch etc will love this. I'll start by saying, what adds to the magic moment of this effect, is that they actually see the coin penetrating their own hand. With coin on shoulder etc, the moment happens for them in a revealing way, where as this is a startling moment. For clubs or loud places, this is going to hit hard.

A confident performer will get the most of out this, but, because of the absolute ease of this, it's going to be a great effect for anyone who hasn't tried bold effects yet to start off by learning.

Rus includes a good number of bonus ideas in this manuscript that will definatly get the creative juices flowing and are not just filler.

Overall, a cracking little purchase for anyone to get. Packs small, plays big and very organic.

Lloyd
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just read a review copy from Rus and first- for the price- definately can't go wrong. As stated in previous posts- this is very simple and a very direct effect. Those who are afraid of slieghts- don't worry- you only need to know one and it is a very simple one. I have not tried this yet, but I can say from experience that this will be a strong "WOW" moment for any spectator. Yes- it is a little bold, but the misdirection before the bold move makes everything easy to obtain. Rus does a great job explaining everything you need to know. As I stated earlier- for the price this is well worth it!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks for all the positive comments and reviews guys, glad everyone is enjoying this little effect.
An I'd just like to say a huge thankyou to all for supporting my work.

Many thanks again to all

R
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Keep an eye out for SHUNT and SHATTER which will be coming out very soon.

R
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Short review of ‘Taken’

This is hard to review without revealing the method (s), so I will have be a bit vague in places.

Where do I perform – I don’t really perform for friends & family much, apart from a few odd bits and when testing stuff. Mostly, I do strolling, with some table side work.

Bias of review – I don’t know Rus, but did receive this as a review copy. I do strive to be positive, but honest when posting reviews.

Basic effect – Coin passes through spectator’s hand into glass.

Quality of PDF – As has been mentioned, there were a couple of typos in the version I received. The writing style, photos, layout and explanations are very good, so learning this is a breeze. Crediting appears thorough.
Rus provides a main method, plus a couple of variations

Gimmick factor – Easy peasy to get the ‘stuff’ required. Many will already have the ‘stuff’

Wow factor – If you perform this successfully, it will get an extremely strong reaction, right up there with (decent) sponge balls, haunted deck, transpos etc.

Boldness / difficulty – This is not really up there with watch steals / body loads. If you do sponge balls, coin unique, coin under watch etc, this will not push you, as it is routine and motivated.

Possible (constructive) cons: I spent quite a while playing with this (several hours). I tried with the main method, as well as with alternate methods.
• The first part of the effect was 95 - 100% reliable, but the penetration through the hand was at best, 80% reliable for me (trying with dry hands, sweaty hands etc). If it didn’t work first time, then it risked exposing the method to the spec.
• I’m not sure how the main method of gaffing would hold up through an evening of strolling / table hopping, especially in regard to keeping it ready to rock
• The alternate method (s) will need more audience management in order to prevent the method being apparent

Pros:
• A great, powerful effect if you get it right
• You can use the first part of the method / effect to get a strong effect without the penetration (hope that makes sense)
• Easy-ish to do. Well motivated
• Very easy effect for a spec to follow

Overall:
A very good effect, which I’m sure you could get 95% plus reliable, with enough practice. By following the first part of the method / effect, you will still get a very strong effect which could be routined into a really impossible one coin type routine or similar.
Due to a couple of points mentioned above (e.g. the full effect could be hard to get 100% bulletproof in a harsh working environment), I probably won’t use this (yet) when working, but will may keep this set up at home for the odd visitor, and will maybe keep practicing to get the reliability 99%.
If I was a more casual performer, I think I would be spending more time on this and trying it on everyone I met…!

If you pick this up and work it so it is reliable, I think this could be one of the best effects in your repertoire. Perhaps this is like thread work – pick the right time and place; and it will kill!

Charlie

PS – I was also, perhaps accidentally, sent ‘Zilch’. I will be posting a quickie review for it. Having read it and tried one of the effects, I have sent Rus £10 as I have got my money’s worth (support the creator if possible). Check it out here http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=30#2
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Many thanks puggo for your review and for supporting my work.

Taken has been a huge success for me, I did send zilch in error ( had a mad moment ) but thankyou very much for the payment, really appreciated.

Again thanks to all that are out using this.

All the best

R
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I have to wonder about anyone who reads all these reviews and doesn't get this at this price.....
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
@puggo, thanks for the review. That's the kind of straight forward review that is appreciated by most.

It's honest, lists the pros and cons of the effects. Very valuable information to make an informed decision.

Greatly appreciated.
Magic is a vanishing art.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rus Andrew's TAKEN (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL